So about the code of conduct

I assume that like many forums (fora?), posts that are flagged are more likely to receive attention than those that aren’t. In addition, any forum will have people who enjoy disrupting things, and that includes finding excuses to report or harass the people one could consider “celebrities” (and yes, in my opinion, you are a noteworthy poster!) simply to get them in trouble, regardless of how minor the infraction. In a weird way, having such an innocuous post flagged like that means that some people find you worthy of that sort of attention, which can be seen as a compliment!

But I can certainly understand your reluctance to deal with that sort of pettiness, although I, for one, will miss your contributions.

4 Likes

flaggin/report stuff is for childs soyboys crybabies, real men read “strong texts” and do not alter himself (strong texts meaning things that u dont like or agree)

There is so much wrong with this ^^^ that I do not know where to start.

I remember being harassed by someone particularly, I won’t mention names lets just say they deleted their blizzard account and was pretty much policing anything I post by copy paste code of conduct when its not even related as a rule break, they just did it to apply pressure because I was the highest poster on top of making random theories that I got my TL3 for spamming posts on topics even though I was just regularly than average active on point user posting daily about ~100 a day, they thought Orphea wearing a ballet dress as nudity which was the post that broke the camels back, probably got banned afterwards for derailing the thread over my post.

I believe it was one of Mumrah’s threads too.

I haven’t seen it anymore for me personally, probably because a decline in my activity or because I’m just too darn neutral… sometimes.

Linked from **Welcome! Please Read Before Posting.** - #2 by DylanBates-1612

Frowned upon doesn’t mean "insta removal’. The same phrase is used in the section regarding requesting blues and plenty of those aren’t ‘instra removed’

The choice of calling it “frowned upon” is to discourage topics that are primarily motivated by that specific action. Posts and topics that have a primary motivation of “frowned upon” behavior tend to violate other concerns of the CoC and thus make it something more likely to receive action.

Similar ideas could be conveyed, but by making a few adjustments, the “frowned upon” aspects of that post or topic will generally be better by not incorporating “frowned upon” actions in favor of other elements that invite discussion in a given topic.

e.g. a topic of “Upvote this if you think HotS is the worst game ever” is different than “what are suggestions that could improve the game”

Any ‘code’ for conduct, or laws, generally have a basic premise that influences the purpose of that code. For traffic laws, the basic gist is don’t impede the flaw of traffic, but a lot of people don’t bother to consider the rule of thumb, don’t learn all the specific behaviors, and drive by the seat of their ego until a collision forces them to have to momentarily change.

For forums aren’t much different; basic gist is to have a flow of ideas, so the ‘code’ boils down to

"The bottom line is that we want the Blizzard Forums to be a fun and safe environment for all players. While playing Blizzard games and posting on these forums, you will encounter thousands of other players who share different experiences and come from vastly different backgrounds. While certain language and images may not be offensive to you, consider the fact that that same language and images may have a completely different effect on someone else.

So, try not to offend people, but similarly, try not to take offense. Downside is one can’t really not have someone “take” offense at something, and they may flag accordingly, or perhaps even maliciously, vindictively or serendipit-ly.

But in that regard, topics like this are also on the ‘hey don’t do this’ sort of encouragement as the topic isn’t about the game, it’s about the forum. Topics that fixate on those sort of things tend to fall privy to other violations and ramble off into off-topic banter that people end up getting offended by stuff.

Sure, to some degree you could be seen asking for clarification, but it can also just look to be taking offense at something fairly arbitrary. Cuz a gist of your topic can seem somewhat disingenuous given that the ‘answer’ to your posed question is found in a source you’re already quoting – giving the impression that the “please read” was read :stuck_out_tongue: or similarly that the CoC link you offered is still available here on the forums.

Since you even linked a topic that links to the CoC, it seems more like you went out of your way to post an invalid link than to just use the one provided :confused:

In any case, topics are for discussions particular to the game and we should otherwise try not to give offense for fellow posters to take. Downside being that anyone can take offense to something, and there doesn’t seem to be ‘anti flags’ to offset certain responses, but at the end of the day, clearly walls of text are the true justice of the internet!

So this dude got banned for saying that word? How come someone can say it multiple times in this thread and not get flagged? Why is this allowed then:

All just the tip of the iceberg and those words are obviously more offensive than what this banned person was supposed to have said. I’d say this person was targeted. What a great community, hypocritical.

2 Likes

good catch! lmao this is so sad. specially how there were such a horrible words written and yet that comment exist… tell me they’re not high? why that comment not deleted? or flagged? by using such disgusting word starts with R?

1 Like

There is no crime when there is no rule against it :wink:

We have a lot of creeps who never post but read everything :eyes: even Vekkuls shower thoughts
Dont take it personal :bathtub::shower:

2 Likes

yeah it was Mumrah’s thread i checked it out after we talked the thread was locked cause of that person since he went waaaaay off-topic cause for some reason he considered Orphea as a “child” etc… while she’s probably older than him

This was really dumb. A hate thread against this good person stays for a week when its mass flagged. But saying pimp will gets removed instantly
(This message will self destruct in 10…9…)

3 Likes

LMAO yeah because a hate thread is nowhere as bad as saying a single word! harassment is good but saying “pimp” is BAD! oh no i just said it now my comment is gonna get massively flagged and deleted :sob:

1 Like

They can’t ban all of us right? Right??

(Pimp)

4 Likes

Except I only ever see those threads taken down if they’re obviously begging for points. There were probably 3+ “de-work Whitemane petition” threads (with the word “petition” specifically in the title), and the only one I saw taken down was one that explicitly mentions upvoting in the OP.

ok im done, moderating here is a random gamble.

5 Likes

I mean, you’re not wrong. The mods are more fickle than the Greek gods.

4 Likes

Greek Gods… that reminds me of Assassin’s Creed Odyssey but i finished that game… :sob:

1 Like

…Constipated banana.

1 Like

I am spartacus ! Pimp

2 Likes

I’m in no way an expert, but I think in this case the “bad word” is an accidental red herring (as already mentioned, it’s not even considered bad enough for the language filter to censor it).

I’m only guessing, but I’d say what really happened is that the post got flagged because of asking for bumps, then got hidden (probably autmatically) because of having enough flags.

“why are the other threads, which are specifically and explicitly petitions, not removed then?” I hear you ask.
Well, the answer is simple: precisely because that’s what the thread is about. In other words, the post in question was probably seen as off-topic, and an off-topic post that’s asking for bumps can easily be seen as spam and/or attempt to intentionally derail a thread.

Again, just a wild guess, though.

1 Like