So about the code of conduct

I saw a fellow forum member getting flagged down for saying a word that rhymes with imp. So I wanted to do some research why it is not allowed.

Here is our beautiful beloved coc. but my question, if something is not available for us to watch. Can we get punished for doing small mistakes? (not saying you can say whatever you want and misbehave) Because the COC is offline for a while now.
https://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct

This is in the read before posting
Petition posts are frowned upon.
These are discussion forums and, as such, we ask that you hold discussions. Creating a thread to ask for replies as votes is not a discussion. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion.

I once made a petition and it got removed, I wondering why “frowned upon” means insta removal. Why dont they say this is going to happen. Because “frowned upon” is a childish way to say we dont like it.
(Petition was about a hero rework. Reddit took it over without a problem)
^Why cant they just say its going to get removed? I frown upon this

12 Likes

lemme help you out. easy and simple! they always get rid of anything they don’t like. it doesn’t matter if it’s against CoC or not it really doesn’t matter anymore they just feel like that thing isn’t suited > removed and perhaps you may get banned too who knows? it’s just what’s left of them in short it means depressions.

7 Likes

No. There were tons of “HotS is dead” and " The devs don’t care about this game" or “MobA X is better than HotS” topics. Which I’m 100% sure they don’t like. But none of those get removed.

13 Likes

Write a bad word is not an small mistake. We have rules to ensure to have a good quality of threads on the forums.

I have complained in the past but only 1 post was removed and that was for violated the CoC. The key, be professional. Everyone should follow Xenteres’ advices.

There have been some petition/similar to petition threads that have not been removed.

Acording to the dictionary, definitely yes.

You can overreact its also used a lot in other ways

Pimp is a word that has greatly shifted in meaning, as it sometimes means “great” or “cool,” as in “That bike is pimp !” However, that’s a slang meaning that many people, especially adults, won’t understand or like
^ first page of google

2 Likes

I’m not a native English speaker but I never saw that word using in that way before. If someone like me look for the meaning that word will find the “adult” meaning rather than the “friendly” meaning.

2 Likes

Oh how the angel has fallen
The rebel looks suits you tho :star_struck:

2 Likes

@ the people who flag the word. It isnt in the banned word list. If I type it it doesnt filter. Then why does it gets flagged down and removed?
Its technicly a allowed word or otherwise it is on the bannes word list

3 Likes

It’s funny that rage posts that are blatant and intentional violations stay up for over 24hrs.

This wouldn’t even be censored for 10 year olds.

6 Likes

4 Likes

Its weird right, they are so fast with these things.
But then my point why are they so fast of removing it instead of banning it all together?

2 Likes

actually, that’s not the case. I once got a suspension from the SC forums for quoting a censored word.

Moderation is just random I guess. They’ll let individuals troll for literally months at a time, but god help you if you type in a bad word :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

By “petition thread,” they mean don’t go begging for points. Don’t say, “XYZ, upvote if you agree,” or the like. You’re free to voice your opinion and even ask others to agree with you, but don’t blatantly ask for points.

You can literally call your threads “petition threads,” so long as you aren’t begging for points. It’s like calling your thread a “troll thread” or a “spam thread” without actually doing any of either. The contents matter more than the title.

Thank you Harbinger, at least I know what my terrible crime was as I was not informed otherwise. I see why I would get at least (10 flags?) as I’m well known for my terrible use of bad language on this site. (sarcasm) eye roll

I didn’t use that word in an offensive context, at least I now know it’s off limits even though it’s not on the list of words that is. Again, I didn’t use it in an inflammatory, abusive, or inappropriate manner.

I must say it hurts that after being on these forums for so long and being such a vanilla poster that people would think such ill of me. I think I’m going to back off posting for a time.

*I’m sorry to anyone who took offense at this, but in context it was not meant as anything lurid.

5 Likes

everyone deserves a break. and yes you weren’t being rude or whatsoever but you know there’s snowflakes everywhere that would flag anything they dislike and boom deleted! at least you weren’t banned for something that silly lol

2 Likes

Adding petition in the name is still a petition regardless, I mean you specified the title, the title IS the selling point of the topic.

1 Like

There’s a thread that is still up literally naming someone and another where its discussion went completely about ethnicity and politics of a racial slur used on African Americans.

You know really well how moderation priorities when it seems like they don’t do a 10 minutes swoop on General discussion for the last 3 days and only check their Report mailbox.

I’m sure they are doing their best but at the same time, this forum is pretty small, I think they can do much better than that.

2 Likes

I assume that like many forums (fora?), posts that are flagged are more likely to receive attention than those that aren’t. In addition, any forum will have people who enjoy disrupting things, and that includes finding excuses to report or harass the people one could consider “celebrities” (and yes, in my opinion, you are a noteworthy poster!) simply to get them in trouble, regardless of how minor the infraction. In a weird way, having such an innocuous post flagged like that means that some people find you worthy of that sort of attention, which can be seen as a compliment!

But I can certainly understand your reluctance to deal with that sort of pettiness, although I, for one, will miss your contributions.

4 Likes