Russians on EU servers

Can I ask why Russian players are on our EU servers? Most do not speak English so communication is not possible during matches. They speak russian in chat. Please give russians their own server so EU players can actually have fun in a game with communication! Thank you.

4 Likes

Потому что они хотят или просто не могут/не знают Английский язык. Или они говорят к другим русским людям и не хотят, что бы кто-то другой читал их текст.

Comment was made by slavic gang.

And do different servers for Germans, Arabs, Spaniards, Africans… Should I go on or you will realize that your suggestion is stupid by yourself?

24 Likes

I don’t think there are enough people currently playing the game to open a new region of servers.

10 Likes

This is truly a matter of being civilized, not a matter of living in a certain country.

English is my 3rd language and I feel it’s compulsory to know at least the basics of English before venturing into international video games. Sadly many people don’t share that sentiment.

I have met plenty of russians and germans who speak great English, and those who can’t put two words together. The individuals within each nation vary greatly, it’s a huge generalization to say “russians can’t speak english”. Many russian players in fact can.

So instead of blocking russian players, the game should encourage all players to communicate in a common language (this used to be french hundreds of years ago in Europe but now English would be more realistic). It’s not too hard to learn a few phrases like “gg”, “objective” or “wp”.

7 Likes

It’s not just russian, some spanish, german, italian etc. are completely unintelligible, sometimes even to their own countrymen.

Honestly if you play solo and don’t know a word of English better write nothing at all, because nobody will understand you.

And most of the time when those people write, they are just writing crude insults anyway and revealing their low iq. (Yes, I know all the foreign insults by now after 15 years of gaming…)

I am italian but I do my best to communicate with each player in English since even goat farmers in Congo can understand the basics these days. It is a pseudo global language.

2 Likes

they don’t all speak russian in chat, so do some spanish, italian, german or whatever with english so

region servers are not divided following languages differences but geographical internet optimisation

if it bothers you that much why don’t learn some russian xD

2 Likes

Varag:
if it bothers you that much why don’t learn some russian xD

that’s not how common courtesy works… if a lithuanian joins a majority english speaking server, they do not get to ask the entire population to learn a minority language like lithuanian…

it is their responsibility to know at least a few words in the majority language. just how the world works. english is the lingua franca on all eu servers in every game

just like i don’t go on korean server and expect all the players to speak to me in english

1 Like

Yeah… but, see Russians like to speak Russian in games even when they know English. It’s like an attitude problem. The same with youtube comments. You never find someone asking “who else is French here” or “where all the Nordics at?” But Russians love to do this all over the internet.

Other European countries have moved beyond nationalism and think it’s a good think to communicate in a common language but Russians think it’s good to make an exclusive gang of only other Russians no matter where they go.

3 Likes

I would donate money to give russians their own server…
Just had a match with a Rus ETC non stop running into enemy towers and the enemy team and dieing ike 13 times under 12 mins of gameplay…
Just cause another player got on our team who made him tilt previous match…

so yeah…i would gladly donate money to give’em their own server.

3 Likes

Wait you have actual conversations in chat? That happens like 5-10% of games for me. Pings are usually sufficient.

Chat is most often for currently dead players to type a lot of nonsense, or players who start the game by saying how intoxicated they are. Then a GG at the end.

1 Like

I am from the EU server, but Russians are not really a problem. They aren’t very talkative either.

1 Like

EU players: we are better than those NA players, we are more mature.

Also EU players: let’s discriminate people under the excuse we can’t understand the language of non English speakers.

No se preocupen chavos, un día el idioma español dominará el mundo, despues de todo, nosotros tenemos el poder de la letra “ñ”.

7 Likes

Я скоріше Папой Римським стану, ніж твоє бажання збудеться.

Because their historical origins and capitol are in Europe?

Only one country (The United Kindoms) speaks officially English out of the 51 european countries.
All the others have probably a similar amount of percentage of ppl who does not speak english as their second language, but because Russia is very big and thus populated, they’re seemingly more outstanding (especially with the fact that they use a different alphabet, which btw is used by other 6 countries/languages, making it more memorable).
But french, spanish, german/dutch are also historically important and pride nations, who might refuse to use English.

Long story short, I think the “russian gamer” stereotype is just an illusion and there’s no need to make a new server region for them.

Nagyon király, srácok :open_mouth: (nem, nem tudom miről beszéltetek, én lusta voltam google fordítózni :Đ)

2 Likes

Please forgive this North American but the last time I checked, Russia was a European country. :grinning:

2 Likes

Да ти просто геній, 10/10.

RUSH B NO STOP

Wait wrong game

4 Likes

Communicate with Pings.

Even English speaking players in game dont chat much, they use ping.

3 Likes

Потому что Россия европейская страна

Also why are you concerned about Russians specifically? English is not the only language in Europe.

4 Likes

Contrary to the stereotype, Russian is one of the most widespread languages in the world, along with English, French and German. I’ll say even more, English is not as popular as you think, and most of the world’s inhabitants don’t know it at all. The propaganda hasn’t been canceled yet. And the call to separate someone from someone in any area of life is an incitement to hatred and ethnic division. It’s like we’re already missing a lot of different religions, concessions, colors, " …you like circles, and I like squares …", and other things.

P. s. If it was my will, I’d have shot McKiavely in advance.

2 Likes