Rework slowing sands

She normally goes time loop. Brawls shouldn’t be used as a balancing factor

7 Likes

ARAM, name it correctly :smiley:
But anyway, this is not a place for balance.

1 Like

Except they’re making brawl a real mode next patch, and there are regular maps with similar chokepoints as brawls so your arguement isnt valid.

1 Like

They’re making it its own mode. I don’t know if I would call it a real mode :slight_smile:

9 Likes

lol, I thought it was going to be a post about buffing it… dude, you should be happy whenever you see slowing sands. It means you don’t have to worry about temporal loop crap.

Now how did I know that the word “unfun” would come up here? :thinking:

ARAM has basically been a “real mode” ever since they discontinued all other brawls.

And it still isn’t the real game. It was never how the game was meant to be played. There’s a reason every other mode plays normally. This isn’t just true for this game, but for all mobas. ARAM was always meant to be a for fun thing.

A dev even stated as such recently

Chromie being unfun is exactly pointing at your arguement that it should be fun! If it truly is being taken so casually, could you explain why hammer is still banned from it?

Here’s a secret for you, OP - every hero is unfun to play against.

Enjoy your day.

4 Likes

Please for the love of god stop using ARAM as a justification of any serious balancing.

ARAM is not considered in the balance factor.

It should not be considered.

It’s a meme game mode.

6 Likes

Hammer was banned because her niche is too strong in ARAM.
Chromie’s niche is not that strong in it, since her Q is blocked by everything and she can’t even snipe fountains.
And Temporal Loop is scarier than Slowing Sands.

No, they’re not. That’s complete bunk. I’m going to do something I normally don’t and presume to speak for everyone. Everyone on this forum has a set of heroes they hate, but they have a much larger group of heroes that they understand are well-balanced and take skill to play well. They accept a loss if it comes from those heroes because they recognize skillful play. Each person’s set of heroes is different, but “every hero is unfun” is wrong. Not even close. No one complains if a Malthael, Maiev, or a Probie has a stellar game.

People complain about specific heroes because specific things are not fun to play against, and by this I mean things that “break the rules” and thus feel unfair.

• Chain CC - having no control of your character while they’re slaughtered and you can’t do anything but watch is not fun. This is the Chromie Shifting Sands argument. A good Chromie will drop an 80% slow on a chokepoint. You can’t go through or you die. A great Chromie will set that up so you have to go through it or you die. Lose-lose. Even mediocre Chromies can set up their teammates for further CC and kills. Not fun, and that’s just the tip of the iceberg with CC.
  • Hypermobility - playing carefully and positioning correctly is completely negated by hypermobile heroes. You can’t hit them, but they can hit you. They can do it anytime they want. If you don’t have stun, they win. That’s not fun.
  • Burst - this falls into the same logic as CC. Think of it as a mini-CC. You take so much damage so fast that you can’t react. You go from 100-0 before you can do anything to mitigate it. Being instantly killed is not fun.
  • Skillthas’ Living Bomb - this gets its own category because it’s the only mechanic in the game where your team kills you instead of the enemy. It is the most effective CC in the game and is spammable. If you don’t play your entire game running from it, your own team blows you up. If you heal frequently, you know the pain of a fleeing tank or melee dps running straight to you like a freaking ISIS bomber all game. Not fun.

Hammer too strong in brawl? I could name atleast 10 heroes who are much stronger there. Hammer is more likely banned because she requires no skill to be oppressive with while chromie atleast requires some skill to fully utilize all her tools with, meaning most of y’all havent experienced what im talking about.
The fact that u think loop is always better proves it.

Feel free to bump my thread when you play like a zarya/arthas against a good chromie with slowing sands.

If you think Hammer is zero skill, play her and see it for yourself.

And I played many Heroes against Slowing Sand. You overvalue it.

I warned people about this. now that blizzard has given in and allowed daily quests to be done in ARAM, expect tons of people to start thinking and treating it like a real game mode. a lot more than ever before. it’s going to get old real fast. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I would play her but she is banned, haha remember?

Incase you missed they buffed the slow to 60% recently which feels near root level, in a huge aoe draining basically 0 mana. It’s beyond ridiculous for immobile heroes which she was already strong against before. These buffs did nothing to adress her issues or weaknesses, it was an attempt to make sands look pickable next to temporal loop but in all honesty it’s just a design issue which is why im suggesting a rework and not a plain nerf.

What if I told you there are… other gamemodes?..

Incase you missed: they buffed it cuz it was weak.

They could disable it for RDOMs (like Ragnaros’ Lava Surf), but it’s lackluster in regular games… I can see it being replaced with something entirely different.

it just needs to be bigger. increase AoE size until it can compete with temporal loop.

I think Slowing Sands should have been made to grow in size over time, rather than in slow amount.

1 Like

As much as I love brawl, I agree, a hero should NEVER be balanced around it.

That being said, the fact that they also slow minions, monsters, and summons could be removed without lowering its overall impact in normal matches while also not allowing chromie to completely freeze a wave and solo defend in brawl