Rework Nova; she's the worst assassin in the game

I make my arguments almost entirely based around actual stats (unless the topic is something totally subjective like “how does character X feel?”). Therefore I don’t care how you feel about me, be mad at the stats if you like. also I don’t understand the Alarak jab at all.

again, master league stats say otherwise. super strong heroes don’t have only a 10% pickrate in masters.

Kerrigan isn’t TERRIBLE (almost 13% pickrate in masters) but repeated nerfs thanks to people like you have made her officially off meta and much harder to do decently with. also, again, there is no solid evidence that Orphea is super strong. if she was, she’d be picked at least COMPARABLY to Jaina.

Winrate isn’t the best way to judge a hero anyway. I criticized the previously lead hero designer, Matt, for this exact thing. he tried to argue that Murky was a good hero because “WELL HIS WINRATE LOOKS GOOD!” despite the fact his pickrate in skilled play was like 1% or less at the time. Winrate exclusively tells you how often a hero wins when they are successfully drafted. On its own, it says nothing because for all you know, the hero is ONLY picked in situations where the player is almost 100% sure they will win.

It would be the opposite. lots of buffs would create much less weak heroes, encouraging diversity in hero drafts/bans and opening the game up to more robust balancing options (like reworks, talent changes, etc). if you keep nerfing things out of meta (or nerf things heroes into near obscurity), the game doesn’t have a chance to grow. the current state of the game artificially holds back progress which is part of the reason people have left.

you say that and then not only do you recommend the devs STOP buffs, but demand they start nerfing more as well. you’re literally contradicting yourself while I’m not: i’m suggesting more buffs all around so that there are less weak heroes.

nice strawman. I already listed pick rates and Nova is the only one who straight sucks. Lunara and Kerrigan are currently off-meta but not straight horrid.

alarak has a nearly 35% popularity in masters which is pretty solid. win-more heroes (like d.va, chen, murky or probius) historically have low pickrates because skilled players will choose heroes that actually HELP them win.

maiev has almost the exact same popularity as alarak in masters. the fact you have two totally different arguments for them despite similar stats confirms your argument is purely emotional and based on what confirms your bias, not objective stats.

Simply doing ability damage does not make someone a mage. mages are normally distinguished by being ranged and doing most of their damage through abilities (which are almost always exclusively magic based like Guldan’s corruption, KT’s fire, KTZ’s ice magic, Orphea’s darkness, etc).

but that’s literally who you are. you are literally in here DEMANDING the devs nerf heroes who aren’t even a problem and DEMANDING the devs don’t even considering buffing bad heroes because those heroes hurt your feelings.

Or, and hear me out on this, people like you who don’t even look at stats making demands of the devs that make no sense caused game balance to plummet.

2 Likes

The idea is that she only makes progress while already at 5 stacks, and progress is lost if she drops below 5 stacks.

Decoys really shouldn’t be a major part of her damage output.

TLDR…go back to orbiting, beta.

Nova is one of the ‘‘punching bag’’ heroes in the game. She has always been trash and will forever be trash, this is the purpose of this hero. They will never fix her, they will never even attempt to fix her.

im not really the best…

Exactly, I for one have never encountered this “high mana cost” problem since the build i use makes her snipe free as long as you don’t miss and its pretty easy to consistently hit given enough practice.

I find Illidan a far worse assassin. He’s also made of paper and since he’s melee, his mobility isn’t all that useful for surviving since it means gutting his DPS as he’s AA reliant.

I do rather well in A.I. games with nova 2. Those computers suck at juking

Illidan is a roamer… His job is to capture camps, and to surprise overextended enemies while roaming camps…
Try those mechanics

Seems like a worthless niche mechanic to me with how trivially cleared camps are and how integral teamfights over objectives are to the outcome of a game, where he’s at his weakest.

I mean, TLV also have mechanics about doing camps and soaking XP. Those still suck.

Really? because ai is really good at juking and interrupting, maybe play less beginner games?

Nah, i like to follow in your lead.

So, you play vs people and win often and see that Nova is really strong?

Im platinum level, honestly all the heroes are cake for me.

Just trolling your troll kiddo

Even good players can make crap playable

Nova isn’t for all! Never ask the best way to play with Nova, if you ask this questione mean Nova isnt for you. nova dont ve the best style, Nova need just a very very best skilled player. Nova can be melee in the right hand can be tank too exactly. Nova need a ultraProSkilled(natural skill) player :expressionless: No other to say

As I can see that last year no any Hero updates for Kael’thas, Nova, Valeera, Valla, Li Li, & Kel’Thuzad (both Kael’thas & Nova seen in Bug Fixes for few years meanwhile Medivh & Lucio has complete balance changes had still want update if some talents still badly even Lucio hasn’t any updated nearly 2 years will be there).

Nice necros you got there. Mind if I refer you guys to this dude?

kek! This is true. At least this is a topic that is worth the Necro, Marmara makes some valid points about poor old Nova.

1 Like

I mean, a necro is a necro.

I just make it a habit to refer people to Xul the Necromancer when someone unknowingly revives an inactive thread.