Return and regret

I have not played this game in about 3 months give or take and figured I had some free time so lets just check. I played ranked for about 3 days straight and it was such a dumpster fire that I was quickly reminded why this game was uninstalled. Now do not get me wrong I love this game and I like the way it plays and would take it over League, Smite and such but the player base and matchmaking I just will never get and reasons coming below.

The point is how can the matching be this bad every time? How can there be this many players who cause these problems? So many things could be fixed with a little communication and common sense but nah.

So I am diamond 4 and I got matched with 1 grand master and 2 masters and a diamond 1 player against 4 masters and a diamond. Just the ranks alone in that match up were so lopsided that it should have never been possible but of course its was a couple of 2 man premades vs I assume a 4 man premade so I got punished for it. (dont get me wrong, it was a decent game but I do not belong around masters and GMs when I am only diamond 4)

Then two games in a row I get matched with a player who was showing Fenix. I was the banner and I banned Mephsto as the third ban. He rages in chat say wtf, why did you ban my hero? My entire team told him he was not even showing it and should have spoke in chat. So he locks malf and split pushes all game saying you all deserve this loss.

Then I get the same player again and he opened in chat saying Hope you like losses and first picked Zarya and did the same thing as last game.

After that we have a ok draft going, Ophea, lucio, BW and mediv (not a fan of it but could be worse) The last guy was silent all game before locking in KT saying I dont fill while having his preferred role as flexable. He then argued during game saying that he didnt like our comp so he was just gonna play whatever he felt like cause the game was lost in draft.

Next game buddies logged on and we started a 4man premade and we are all pretty flex so the rando could play whatever they wanted, they showed chromie and we were fine with that and we filled the spots in, However this chromie player acted like she was a melee dps, She would run into the enemy team ahead of our ETC to cast her skill and we told her several times to stop going so deep as a mage but 0 comunication and 12 deaths later and game lost.

Towers of doom next with the 4man and same thing as before, we can fill anything and rando is not talking so I tell everyone I will pick xul and double soak top and mid. We get etc, bw and valla (dunno how) and the dude locks in dehaka saying he is going dps build. I didnt even play that game and flat out quit in lobby.

Ending with I miss this game. I really do and I want it to do good. It pains me to says how bad all of this is when I just wanna play the game and have fun. There is 0 fun in most of what has happened here and I promise you many players experience this over and over and im sure some quit later than others but This is what is driving people away. This is the bad matchmaking and trolls that are talked about on this so much.

Take care all. I wish you well in the nexus.

10 Likes

Good bye, again. Now you don’t have to add thousands more to your blocklist for any perceived sleight. Your posts always came off too whiny for my taste.

Though I sympathize with what I’m sure are some awful games. I think you’re also just someone who isn’t cut out to play multiplayer games.

You quit a game with a perfectly viable comp, and you did it to your 4 man team you were playing with. You aren’t the innocent one here.

18 Likes

As I said to you in your previous farewell thread (a few months ago?), I wish you the best and will miss your posts on the forum. Not to be too critical, but this post really belongs in The Salt Mines, the scenario you outline isn’t uncommon to encounter on occasions, I don’t see this as particularly useful feedback to anyone here or the any Devs who might be reading.

I won’t defend the MM as being perfect or not needing any improvement. The examples you gave above isn’t something any MM could be programed to consider as it’s mostly a random human behavioral element. Even GM have bad days where their usual performance is poor. A MM also can’t be made to account for fickle human actions like one off trolling or your decision to leave draft for that matter.

Again, I hope you find some joy moving forward. As you said you’re no longer finding HOTS fun, that’s really the only justification you need to leave it behind. :sunflower:

3 Likes

Nah I do just fine elsewhere. Been enjoying league of legends and FF14 quite alot actually, Pokemon unite is ok but honestly heroes is better.

Sorry you cant accept the truth and claim it to be whiny but this is the what we have been dealt and when its you who are dealing with this stuff every game. Be sure to tag me in a post so I can call ya whiny.

Dps dehaka, I want you do think long and hard about that.

1 Like

Game is dead. Dunno why you think it would have gotten better.

4 Likes

solo is tough need regular breaks from the game.

i suggest you play aram as QM matches are worse these days.

Ive entirely given up playing ktz solo in qm as even my own teammates counter me when they diablo, garrosh, junkrat, or anyone that can displace players.

cant count how many times i coulda killed 2 people at once just to have junkrat throw a bomb and save the enemy team or diablo push them away.

lol

1 Like

Your post makes me feel like there’s no point ranking up. :frowning:

2 Likes

Ive asked them to leave many times but they always come back. They clearly just hate this game.

1 Like

This game has it’s love/hate stalkers. So many folks have posted quitting rants at least a half dozen times, they almost always come back. Where is my meme…

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/84706282/i-wish-i-knew-how-to-quit-you.jpg

4 Likes

Its like you try to break bonds with your friend you have been with for your whole life.

1 Like

Not to be aggressive but what do you like about their posts? I hated every single one and felt like they contributed nothing but negative energy. I will not miss them. I wish they only come back if their attitude changes. I understand not saying that as its aggressive but why say nice things about someone who has only come here to complain about game for at least 2 years?

Again don’t mean to attack you just curious. If you felt attacked feel free to ignore this.

2 Likes

Some thoughts after reading the descriptions of players purposely spoiling drafts, mindless split-pushing, etc.

This game is difficult, largely because it is a team game. People think they are better than they are. Vanity will not let them admit otherwise, so over time they become bitter and jaded victims when they lose. Unable to feel good about their progress as players, they exact vengeance by taking others down with them. Voila: the cycle of multiplayer trolls.

2 Likes

Please correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t think you would be aggressive or attack me by just asking a question, your demeanor on the forums is admirable. Well it’s a fair question. I don’t really feel comfortable going into great detail, but you’re right when you say that many of the OP’s posts haven’t been positive.

Perhaps I was wrong in saying I “enjoyed” the OP’s posts, more that they often led to constructive or interesting discussions, even if that wasn’t his intent. So, yes, that should have been a more qualified statement on my part.

3 Likes

I wanted to clarify bc it is toxic for ne to question why you would say nice things about someone. You’re the only poster here that i have respect for (without either playing with them or being in a discord with. I respect them but bc i know then) bc you always give off very positive vibes. Its not ny place to scrutinize your positivity.

I just personally do not like to see op get support. I love this game and come to forums to be with other ppl that love it. Criticizing it is one thing but when its constant and a person’s only contribution id prefer if they vented somewhere else. Sami is a very good example of a normal person who started disliking game so they took time off forums/stuck to fun threads until they got back into game. Much less toxic than spamming dead game in every thread.

2 Likes

Invite me to your group and play some games. You’ll quit in two seconds.

1 Like

I doubt that Mumrah. If you even have half the sense of humor in person as you display on these forums, I think you would be cracking me up the entire time we played the game!

It’s fine with me if you do. There is such a thing as being too positive, it can be just phony and as destructive as being toxic. I didn’t feel I was all that positive though with the OP, as I did point out to him had quit several times prior and that his “feedback” in this post wasn’t useful to anyone.

I really love HOTS, I think there is a reflexive part of me who doesn’t want anyone to quit. I want the game to thrive and it’s a bit sad seeing so many people go.

5 Likes

How you ppl remember posts amazes me… I can barely remember them after 1 week of my own and yet somehow you guys can remember a post of somebody else’s 3 month back to 3 years…

Generally if a poster has more than 1000 posts you get a gist for their personality. Op spammed complaint posts every day for a few years and is easily recognizable.

2 Likes

I was implying that I suck and you would rage quit lol. Especially when I lock in Cho and you Gal. But thank you for the compliment. :yum:

3 Likes

i think it’s fair to suggest some changes prior to quitting. The less players we have the worse we are off as a community.

Regions are slowly dying off, this isn’t me trying to stir stuff up when I say this, it’s a factual statement and a general concern for the game.

1 Like