Report'em again and again

I understand the report system is not perfect. But many toxic and trolls are beting on the fact that a few players are really reporting them. So, yeah, let’s ban them for cheating/botting all when they do ruin our games. Be fair but be savage with the trolls. We just need to ban them for the same reason each time. I know you can create new mail and PW for ever, but let’s love the game more than they are stupid. All ban for cheating/botting as there is no better ban.

1 Like

I play AI only at this point. There isn’t much to report there, but yesterday got a good one. 2 matches in a row, had an abathur go to lane… and do nothing. All match. No hats, no nests, didn’t even pick a talent. And because it’s abathur, no autokick. Whole team reported that one both times.

3 Likes

If only it didn’t take them about 60 seconds to make a new account when they are suspended/banned…

1 Like

That’s in part why I’m against bans. So many players I’ve seen in game and those who have posted on the forums seem to become more toxic after an account ban and make endless troll accounts to troll more aggressively.

I’m not saying there shouldn’t be punishments for bad behaviors in matches, but I’m not convinced the current system is working as intended, it might be making it worse in some cases.

3 Likes

Same, always said - there is silence for those who abuse chat and there is leaver’s queue for afkers/feeders. The only thing that deserves the ban is straight up harrassment (not “you suck stop feeding”, but actual harrassment as would apply in court, etc), racial abuse, etc. But I feel like those are quite rare, I would see something that deserves a ban maybe once in 6 months and I used to play quite a bit.

4 Likes

if the report system worked like microsofts that actually looks at what is being reported and determines if it is a legit report or not then ok. YET as of now (at least for abusive chat since that is the one most people use since it’s the default) it is terrible and shouldn’t ban because it is atm fully automated and the moment the person types ANYTHING they can be reported and it will count as legit towards the counter to take action on the account.

Before you comment about my many accounts and etc. I have been punished by the blizzard automation system multiple times, the microsoft one? 1 time many years ago and I did deserve it at the time but no punishments since and i have NOT changed the way I talk or message people, the difference is that what i say falls in line with their “acceptable trash talk” that they have and have stated you will not be punished for talking like that.

Blizzard systems? you talk? the person didn’t like what you said? good enough for them, BAN

Whenever I get Abusive Verbal statements… I just go on strike and refuse to play… There is no place to tell others such things… it is wrong… and I will no longer tolerate it. If the company doesnt like it… My MasterCard can go to another companies bank account.

People should ask themselves… Would I condone such words to my child or such behaviour from my child… if its NO… then its the game is OVER… and no matter how many times they create a new account etc… they will never win another game… and rather leave or stop this nonsense. Best yet is if Blizzard would remove chat in the game completely

I would argue that in game chat is important in a team based strategy game, but that has been said before.

As for removing chat, it’s not necessary as you can disable chat in options, or if you’re a parent you can log into your account and disable text (and voice) chat via parental controls. The only chat not blocked by these means is Draft Chat in Ranked play.

Personally, I am of the belief that if you’re an adult, you need to have your emotions in check. I’ve had my emotions beaten out of me when I was younger and now I won’t tolerate it in anyone else.

I’m not someone’s therapist so I will not tolerate emotional outlash. I’ll just dumpster that loser with some reports. I have no respect for any adults who can’t keep it together. Not here to babysit manchildren or deal with their pathetic emotions.

2 Likes

My son used to play HOTS since he was about 8 yrs old. If you are too dumb as a parent to take advantage of parental controls (in any game) up to some point where u see fit - well, that’s on you.
If you are fragile as adult and still haven’t figured out how to turn off chat in whatever game - well, your mastercard is irrelevant as you are a member of the select 0.01% who can limit their online exposure to candy crush, although the $ will still go to blizzard.

2 Likes

So you basically have no respect for any professional sports or high-level competition, military, dangerous jobs, etc. I don’t know if you noticed but there are plenty of emotions in all of those, it happens that we as humans tend to get emotional when doing things that stress us. Of course if youve never done anything outside of casual pewpew in QM - you won’t understand.

I’m a veteran so you don’t need to “coach” me on how things are there. And no, people don’t spazz out when things happen. The best leaders remain composed and run a game plan. The leaders who don’t keep it together are usually not respected in the military either.

In competitive sports, I never see players whining to their teammates about how their teammates suck either.

So it’s you that doesn’t understand.

When games gets heated then it can happen but only because the player got alot of passion to the sport. They usealy forgive eachother when game is over.

1 Like

I think you’re over reacting and one of the reasons this game sucks

I completely agree and can relate to your sentiment about feeling like a babysitter in Hots, as many times I’ve felt like a Kindergarten teacher in some games.

My reply was to @UFO15 who demanded all forms of chat to be removed because some people misuse it, they also brought up the safety of children using Hots. This is why I wrote to them that the tools are already there both in game and in your account setting to disable chat via parental controls. I don’t agree with the mindset that because some people choose to abuse something, it should be removed.

Exactly, I simply mute people when they start getting on my nerves, nobody needs to listen to that nonsense, which is why there are multiple options to mute (and a report system) disruptive players.

1 Like

I agree with you on that. I don’t think chat should be removed but I also don’t have any sympathy to those who have had their accounts banned because they can’t keep it together for 20mn.

I get angry in games too but I don’t direct that in game because it won’t do any good. They’ll play worse and worst case scenario, we just sit in a bush typing insults to each other until we lose the game.

If I can keep it together, so can everyone else.

2 Likes

So you are comparing the casual gaming community (with T ESRB rating - which means 12+ and probably 8+ actual as generally happens with video games) to a select group (best leaders) out of select group (leaders) out of select group (military). That’s what? 0.001%? Funny as hell. And yeah people do spaz out in the military, seen it more than once.

Oh, that’s a special one that I’d have to explain since it takes about 3 seconds of thinking. In pro sports people talk to their opponents (or you gonna pretend that doesn’t happen either?). In HOTS the chat is limited to teammates. It’s literally the same emotions, they are just directed elsewhere.

And overall if you are a veteran spazzing over report button (when you are given a mute) trying to ban a 10yr old, are you sure you are the adult in the room?

You should look at the accounts of the “trolls” you’re reporting. When you see the usual racist spam in General chat, just right click and look at their account. usually a day, or a few hours old.

Every suspension created those trolls. Think of it like a conversion, you’re turning regular players into trolls, with every report. Eventually it’ll just be 90% smurf accounts trolling low ranked, and low MMR play.

This games report feature ruined its team-play. Ranked matches devolve into an angry “I’ll report you FIRST” arguments in chat, and nobody cares to actually try to play and win.

One player will declare they’re reporting or muting someone, the other player responds by AFK’ing out, and the game is done with mere threats of reports.

This game’s report system killed it. A bunch of children threatening to report eachother and mute eachother, and nobody cares to actually play. Ever wonder why trash-talk in CounterStrike or Call of Duty doesn’t result in people suiciding or throwing their own games? Because games that don’t empower Karen’s, end up being more competitive.

Time for the Karens to stop, you’re ruining this game.

except that some actually do. Your post seems to take the “what I happen to say” and then assume it applies to everyone, everyone, all the time. A lot of games are ‘normal’ and have people just play them. On the other hand, there are some people that do get caught up in the negativity of the vitriol spewed and the don’t ‘suicide’ to throw games, they actually do it to end their own.

Game suspensions don’t ‘create trolls’, people ‘troll’ because they have unhealthy interactions with others and do not have other aspects in their hobbies to better balance out those actions. Life is full of so many other things people can do that the compulsions and/or reward mechanisms to ‘troll’ are not really justifiable. The actions might be symptomatic of other issues, or overly encourage antisocial behavior, but justifications for it generally just turn to be scapegoating.

In limited capacities, some games have ‘talk’ between teams, but in many cases, it will garner fines and suspicions. Yea, some people watch hokey for the fights, but the baseball outfielders aren’t chanting “swing batter batter batter, swing!”

Verbal abuses, shouting, and other conduct in football, basketball, tennis, lacrosse (to name a few) will either fine or suspend a specific player, or it may punish the whole team with stacking fouls or losing progress.

Pro sports tend to have staff to offset the ‘same emotions’ that athletes have so they can channel that into performing better, or to try to stop getting frustrated with repeating the same mistakes. Casual gamers generally don’t have support staff and vent and any and everything they can instead of having a coach to point out mistakes, areas to improve, and focus on what they can actually change, instead of acting like the world is going to revolve around them instead.

Not E5 and above they don’t. E4 and below, sure but they aren’t leaders. Also, the military has comradery and you’ll see the same people again so you don’t have nerds throwing tantrums in the safety of anonymity.

I really don’t care what I play. I don’t care if people swear or what not, I just don’t need to deal with my team’s tears. I have zero ducks to give in that department.

I can mute but since I can keep it together for 20mn, I expect the same. If not, I won’t start a flame war in game, I’ll just report. Easy day.

So yeah, it does sound like I’m the adult in the room.