"Removed from game due to inactivity" and then had 500 points taken from me

My friend and I had just loaded into a ranked game, we hovered cho-gall and it was fine with the team. Then on the first pick (it was a duo pick) Dehaka locked and the other people hovered either nobody or a banned character. Me and my friend then get kicked out for inactivity and have -500 points each; as well as “leavers” games. This is stupid

1 Like

I think I found the problem.

1 Like

thats not exactly the issue here…

You’ll get told you did something wrong by people here even though the game does legit just randomly screw people sometimes.

5 Likes

great…im assuming no GM is gonna help with this? does HOTS even have GMs anymore?

A random Blue pops in once in a while but that’s about it.

2 Likes

The legends say there is still one in the secret mountain…

HotS never had GM’s.

You won’t get any help, and any tickets will be laughed at, receive a cookie cutter response with instant ticket closure.

1 Like

You can’t lock 3 heroes at once. If Dehaka was picked on that round you can’t lock Cho’gall (which is 2 heroes).

So the game didn’t screw you over. You just have to pick Cho and Gall on the same round. If nobody else is hovering a hero and you’re on Cho after a Dehaka pick you will get kicked out.

To avoid this try not to prepick Cho or Gall in the draft screen, only when you both are ready to pick, lock them in at the same time.

10 Likes

Probably should post this on the bug report forums.

There is a mechanism in place that will help you recover those lost points over time, I forget what it’s called exactly - but as long as you aren’t frequently disconnecting you’ll earn them back.

1 Like

Im complaining about the stupidity of this system and that i was given a “leavers” penalty for this. The game did screw me over as it shouldn’t give penalties for me and my friend pre-picking the hero and visually showing to our team who we intend to play… Obviously Cho-Gall has to be locked on the same round, but it was a 2 person lock and its not my fault if someone else locks before one of us gets to the button. I don’t believe we should’ve been penalised for this

Irregardless on how you feel, after the first pick chogall was no longer a viable pick. Chogall temporarily becomes the same as a banned or already picked hero. That’s how the draft system works. You also got leavers penalty because this wasnt the first time you left a game either. I have dodged ranked games before because of the stupidity of random teammates during draft, but this is something i rarely ever do and never recieved leavers penalty for dodging draft.

1 Like

Don’t worry about the points, they have a system in place where you will be credited 50 bonus rank points, win or lose, every match you play until the points are all earned back. I DC’d in a draft a month or so ago, and lost 600 rank points (although I did not get put in Leaver’s Queue). Every match I played after that, I would see 50 points given back in my ranking. So for example, if I won a match, instead of 200 points, I would get 250, and if I lost one, I would lose 150 points instead of 200.

It is a reasonable way to discourage people from dodging drafts, without being unduly harsh.

3 Likes

The system is there and it doesn’t lie. Now that you’ve known it, try to avoid making the same mistake again in the future.

1 Like