Reddit killed hots

Hots reddit is the biggest echo chamber I have ever seen.Devs used it to get feedback about the game, reddit only allowed positive feedback, devs think everything is perfect.

Every legit complaint was instantly downvoted and had same replies.

Complain about matchmaking or that is impossible to carry games when you have one potato while the enemy team does not: Confirmation bias, GMs can CONSISTENTLY carry in bronze insert bronze to gm challange , Dunning–Kruger effect

Complain you were wrongly silenced : it’s your fault you are being toxic hahaaaa I was never silenced and I’m playing for 25 years, turn off alied chat in a team based game

Tell reddit that you had enough and you will be leaving hots and many of your friends already left: Bye Felicia, dont let the door hit you too hard.

Change my mind

53 Likes

The biggest echo chamber is the development of future heroes/hero balance at blizzard.

12 Likes

Are you kitten me right meow?
Lots of angry posts get up-voted on the subreddit.
Especially lately.

13 Likes

Strange, I only saw angry posts after the announcement was made. That’s when Reddit realised the game will actually die.

Prior to that anyone that was saying the game will die it was a troll and downvoted.

28 Likes

It took an official announcement to wake up the sheep who downvoted those who were ahead of their time.

33 Likes

Some of them are still in denial, it’s hilarious.

21 Likes

You lost me when you used the C word.

Youre the definition of an echo-chamber yourself.
Youre not original and you barely have legit criticism.

No, artificially boosting and rewarding you for statpadding is not how a proper ranked mode works.

Other than that, if it was criticism it was the combined nonsense of those who voice nonsensical complaints such as yours flooding the forum and other spammers.

Overall it was merely the reluctance of Activision to fix the game where its necessary.

9 Likes

HotS reddit was funny anyway. All the naysayers/discussions got downvoted (be it MM, balance or actual real discussion or criticism). Appreciation threads and “love letters” got upvoted. Memes, art showerthoughts got upvoted.

HotS reddit had very different audience. Competitive/realism was just 0.

The only time where naysayers got upvoted was when something big exploded in the scene. And even that was berated by the original reddit audience in the comment section.

19 Likes

You must’ve only read Reddit once or twice, that place had a lot of negativity, but it was mostly REASONABLE negativity. They understood why it’s not possible to use stats to measure individual skill in a game like HotS. They actually did a study using all the games uploaded to HotSlogs to show that having a potato on your team does not lead to more losses. That potato is balanced out by having a higher MMR person on your team also and that person is able to influence the game as much as the potato. It only seems like the potato is more of a factor because you only remember the games the potato got killed late to end the game. You don’t remember the macro plays and the shotcalls the high MMR player made to give you the 3 level lead that allowed you to win the game long before the potato had a chance to lose it. You see, the Reddit poster was reasonable and for the most part, educated.

5 Likes

I like everything on Facebook. I like everything on reddit. :+1:

I like therefore, I think and I have strong opinion.

2 Likes

Yes. Have to agree with you on this. It is shame that Blizzard valued their feedback more than here because it has high upvote even it is nonsensical suggestions.

3 Likes

The new forum changes removing down votes here made these forums look very similar to reddit. People would have been buried on the old forums for low effort posts, spiteful criticism, and mei spam. Until the recent announcement about HGC the shills/trolls were running this place too. Ever since the announcement you have seen a resurgence in posts from people where were disenfranchised but also passionate about the game who often dismissed by these pathetic trolls.

2 Likes

Every time I visit HotS reddit, I see a lot of usual negativity and some fluff content like clips and artworks. I don’t stay long there cuz my gawd, I find reddit format to be freaking messy.

2 Likes

I can’t, you’re right on every single point.

Every subreddit, especially those for Blizzard games are nothing but an echo chamber. Blizzard has to do something egregiously bad for Reddit to turn on them.

Because of it, they outright just ignore all real critical feedback they receive.

4 Likes

The HotS reddit community has been a dull, silly, and not a constructive place. Obviously their positivity didn’t pay off in the long run, and it turns out it was not a good sanctuary for Blizzard representatives and developers who cared about their jobs. That said, it didn’t kill HotS. It was just a silly, positive place.

1 Like

The fact that blizz values reddit feeback over their official forums proves why they’re failing as a company now.

13 Likes

This place has always had better discussion than the subreddit. Both are full of trash, but at least people here are honest.

7 Likes

Reddit is an echo chamber by design, you have to sort posts by new or controversial if you want to see some different opinions. Sorting the hots reddit by default is nothing but doomsaying, sort by controversial and suddenly you’ll see some rational discussion, lol.

7 Likes

You’ve cat to be kitten me right meow.

1 Like