[Reddit] A Dev Comment about the Recent Cho'Gall Changes

It did. A lot, but whatever :smiley:

3 Likes

Yeah whatever, this just shows how much can someone be in denial.

>“untouched” until HGC was cancelled
>Nerfing the strongest talent on that tier BEFORE even cancelling HGC
>didn’t matter lol

:facepalm:

2 Likes

Guess you didn’t play TL much to notice the effects.

That’s not the point at all.

The point is you saying he was untouched until HGC died, I shown you a major nerf in a talent that a lot of people, but no guys it “didn’t matter”.

Imagine if the Valeera nerfs would be now.
“HGC is gone and finally they care about ppl other than that damn 1%!”
The reason why there a ton of complains about hots caring for casuals is obviously the result for only caring about the pros! Didn’t you know?

2 Likes

Should’ve said virtually untouched. I meant that that change didn’t matter cuz he was still broken in ranked. Blizzard’s decision backs this up.

Get the hint the problem is always what is bothering me right now.

If I am good with it casuals ruin it, if I suck vs it blame the pros.

Cho’Gall sitting at 60%+ winrate for far too long and they nerf “op” new heroes 2 weeks after release. Kek.

Honestly removing unstoppable is still a huge nerf on that talent itself and that talent was crazy over picked talent in the first place.

Still 60%+ winrate. Didn’t matter. Like I said, if you played TL long enough you’d see people adapted to that.

There were always Heroes who were op for “too long”. They can’t fix everything at the same time, because:

• priorities
  • if you change 1-2 Heroes that doesn’t effect only them

If they focus on old Heroes they’re milking the players with the new op ones, if they focus on new Heroes they let Heroes be op for “hgc”. Simple. Complainers always win, because there is always something to blame on.

1 Like

I was playing with HL GMs climbing the TL ladder. If they were concerned with platinum trash picking Cho’Gall, then there is a legit issue. I speak by experience, not what you see on some website.

Hit the nail right on the head. Exactly what we all been thinking about chogall for ages now. Nerfs may be overdue (should have come at least half a year ago), but at least it’s good to know that devs have the correct outlook on things and the only limiting factor is their timeline and priorities.

1 Like

Told you guys.

Wow so the 99% actually maters now. I can’t wait to see what changes next to be honest. Personally I’d be fine with them reversing all the changes made for the 1%

1 Like

Meh, I would prefer trickle down balance instead of balancing around casuals.

Is it just me or are they planning to do some talents changes/rework on Cho’Gall?

Maybe it’s just me right haha (’ v ':wink:

1 Like

It did matter. Have you seen the amount of cho’gall rants because he had unstoppable and was ‘unfun’ to play against?

Hated that talent so much because most of the cho’galls i played against were super good.

1 Like

If gall is nerf, buff cho.

If cho is nerf, buff gall.

That what balance is about.

I’m so sick and tired of seeing the HGC blamed for literally everything in the game, do they honestly believe the game was focused around JUST HGC. Cho’Gall was a meme hero for them that BARELY saw play, how can they sit there and say this kind of change was held back because of HGC when its solely for people who can’t see a Cho’Gall coming a mile away through picks and bans/decide to just play what they wanted to instead of grab counters…

A majority of the changes were centered around these people and they just don’t get it lol. Ammo removal, stealth changes, hero guttings like Chromie, xp change etc.

People also see 60%+ and go “well obviously that’s broken” without realizing he’s a niche hero with a low play rate (low amount of games is the key part) and that in Diamond+ people pick him when they see the right opportunity that he will work in. This inflates the WR because he’s being run under super ideal circumstances.

Starting to not want to open up the forums anymore to check how things are going in the game since the announcement because all I keep seeing are these silly changes for the casuals that get cheered for by them/them blaming HGC for literally everything in the game without realizing a lot of core changes people hated were made FOR the casuals and its just going to get worse going forward.

2 Likes