Reconnecting over and over Disconnect Bug

+1 here. Just had 3 teammates disconnect at exactly the same moment 5 seconds into the game. Each was trying to reconnect the entire game, but the minute they “reconnected” they dropped again. Please fix!

Both you and I also DC’d on Volskaya the game after.

I am having the same issue. Every time I enter a game, it immediately starts “Reconnecting” and never connects. I have tried exiting and coming back, try to rejoin, and get “Reconnecting” forever again. My internet connection is fine and I am not having issues with any other games, just HoTS.

Edit: Oh, and I have leavers. Great.

Same issue here. Guess I’m not the only one experiencing this. First I was caught on infinite log-in on Overwatch, so I switched to HotS, everything seemed fine until I got into a game and it instantly showed reconnecting on my screen and it stuck me there.

Upon closing HotS from the task manager since nothing is changing, and reconnecting, it tells me to reconnect into my game, upon clicking reconnect I get stuck in another screen, loads me in for 2 seconds, then my whole screen freezes again with the iconic “reconnecting” all over again.

I have a pretty flawless track record and a 80mb/50mb dl/upld ISP line on a 350$ router so I know it isn’t my fault. And at this point it is beyond a coincidence. Blizzard needs to fix their crud and not penalize players for their own problems.

Update: It just allowed me to get back into the game when I’m already passed level 12 with all my talents picked by the AI, and sure enough 15 seconds later, same reconnecting B.S.

It does appear that I am not the only one experiencing this on my team since 2 others were A.I.s which means that they as well are experiencing the same issue.

I’m getting the same thing… I’m on Fios. nothing about my internet setup has changed adn everything else is working?

Same issue here. Now consigned to DC pool. @Blizzard, please fix this and make sure my account no longer has leaver’s status. I expect a blue to reply to this within minutes, because we all know how responsiveness leads to better customer relations, higher loyalty and greater revenue, lol.

Same issue for me too.

Just reading these, it seems to be a Verizon FiOS issue (South Shore of Massachusetts here) - I’ve been sitting at “Reconnecting…” for the past five minutes. I’m sure the match is over by now, and yet here I am…

it’s not a verizon issue unless verizon is the same as centurylink in Denver

Well, centurylink is certainly something different but that doesn’t mean Verizon didn’t change allowed ports or something

Same Issue, I choose QM and jump spider queen tomb but can’t play the match start and I stuck on “Reconnecting” window, and if you exit and come back, the character rejoin but only and make 1-2 clicks and go to “Reconnecting” window again

Okay just verified with verizon’s customer service that no changes have been made on internet settings / ports allowed… they suggested contacting game support team but kinda surprised haven’t seen a blue post yet

Im on century link. This is not isp issue. This is blizzard.

Same thing is happening to me. 3 times today. Now I have to play 3 quick matches in order to get back to ranked. This is Bull! This has been happening since 9am - I am in NYC and have Fios. If deemed a problem by blizz, do they take the quitting match penalty off one’s account or do you have to play qm for their mistake? (WoW had problems as well)

1 Like

Hey everyone!

Thanks everyone for the reports! We are currently investigating this issue now and hope for a quick resolution! Sorry about this and thank you for your patience!

Huginncord

5 Likes

When you do please remove the quit match penalty! We should not suffer for a mix up on your end. Thank you

4 Likes

Same problem here. First game I played today had this issue, played 2 games without a problem then 4th and 5th game encountered this issue. I am with Frontier who purchased from Verizon in this area

1 Like

Ditto - I’m having the same problem as of this morning. I could never connect to one game, actually managed to play one game (with other “leavers” because I was penalized for missing the first game) and am now in a constant reconnect cycle on a third game. I hope this gets fixed ASAP because the game is unplayable now.

1 Like

Consistent with what some of the others here posted, I was able to play a game in Blackheart Bay, but when I tried Brawl I immediately hit reconnecting again.

1 Like

I swear its always something. I play most of the blizz games and its always something, truth be told I dont even know why I play and pay for wow anymore. Runes of magic is old but never a problem. I have few problems on League of Legends

2 Likes