Reason I'm in the verge of quitting this game

Why is Ana allowed to outheal Mephisto damage?

My whole kit relies on doing constant damage on grouped up frontline, while avoiding enemy damage. I manage to do pretty good job in ALL OF THE TEAMFIGHTs that we are constantly having on Hanamura, and yet, because of level advantage I’m literally poking enemy like they’re nothing, while the enemy outheals 25% more healing than I do damage, and I was the top damage dealer in my team 99.317 damage, next guy was 30k smaller.

Why the !"#¤ am I losing as an ASSASSIN to a healer on damage done when ALL MY KIT IS DAMAGE and healer has 2 abilities for healing and Nano boost to boost someone elses damage by 50%, and a sleeping dart?

How I’m expected to have fun in this game when everything I do gets neglected by healing?

The current meta has no balance when outdated bad healer like Malfurion does absolutely nothing, has very unreliable and slow root and healing is far more slower than of any other support in game, even with landing moonfire on enemies, even with all the talents.

This game is not fun anymore. It used to be. It used to be amazing in lauch. Heroes like Tyrande who were actually more than just glorified healing bots, but recent meta forces into these cluster !"#¤ 5 man snowballs that just roam around taking objectives and win games.

Like… are you even attempting to fix this game anymore? Every change you made, every new support you released has just made the snowball worse and worse. Mercenaries spawn even faster now and there’s always something for LEADING TEAM to do to make the chances of coming back even worse for enemy.

And I’ve been in the good teams, I’ve won games even with platinum rank with 0 deaths, couple with just one or two deaths and a plenty of “well it might be a comeback if enemy does these kills every single teamfight and make a comeback on level 20, oh wait the core is dead”.

This is the least fun meta / level design / gameplay design I’ve experienced is shadow of “well you don’t just get it, it’s a team game”, yeah we get it, that’s why it’s so frustrating, that’s why people like me and Mene (GM player also who got matched with ex-bronze player in his team) who are pretty much screwed from the second matchmaker decides to put you in losing team with “slightly worse odds”.

There’s so many things wrong in this game. Brawl is just a waste of time that shouldn’t exist and it’s not even fun. QM is cointoss who gets super duper mega counter team that can win the opposing 2 man group with 3 strangers with ease, ranked experience is just a big mess with way too short seasons.

Even in League of Legends, even the most farmed healer can never keep ally safe from 2-3 people if ally is terribly positioned. But this game glorifies on these ultra strong supports, especially with the new release of “help noob escape” trait.

Most fun I’ve had in this game is when neither team has supports. I’m just frustrated why Blizzard has decided this game to play like some WoW raid where people just keep trading hits next 2 minutes before someone actually drops dead, then rest of the game everyone can point into that moment why the game was lost.

Maybe it’s fun if both teams are exact same level and exact same skill with exact same quality heroes to match each others, but even then that tiny fun is countered the second one team gets a kill and whole game escalates into level leads.

Forum Mod Edit: This post has been edited by a moderator due to masked language and insults aimed at the development team as it is in violation of the Code of Conduct.

3 Likes

Mephisto does sustained damage. Ana does sustained healing and can be built to do semi-burst healing later in the game (although that requires she not miss). keep in mind however that Ana can’t outheal your damage if you’re hitting 3+ people and/or damaging her.

stats on their own don’t mean anything. for all we know, all you did was focus one or two people (and thus ana could just heal them back up) instead of aiming for 3+ people or Ana herself. which would mean you didn’t ACTUALLY do a good job.

because mephisto is sustained damage. pick a burst mage and you’ll see ana’s usefulness drop heavily. you can’t draft bad and/or play bad and then blame the game lmao.

That’s because you don’t play at a high enough skill level to see the nuance. you’re just assuming some heroes are too good or you’re losing to comp when it’s your bad draft choices and play that are likely the issue.

16 Likes

YES, good luck doing that 5 person aoe fight where Ana for no god damn reason is standing on frontline when enemy has a lead and is constantly pushing those karts and thus forcing allies to defend the push.

Yeah I just happen to be grand master for multiple seasons, including rank 1 on preseason.

But hey I wasn’t playing on the REAL competitive high level because my face wasn’t shown in some Blizzard hosted tournament, so my opinion matters zero now.

1 Like

your lack of skill or familiarity with Mephisto isn’t the game’s fault. If the enemy team has drafted a comp where Mephisto would have a hard time dealing damage safely but you draft mephisto anyway, that’s your fault. if you draft sustained damage when you needed burst, that’s your fault. if you don’t build talents that actually increase your damage output, that’s your fault.

Pretty much everything you listed sounds like user error, not a problem with the game.

8 Likes

And yet people like you in Blizzard fan-club say you cannot carry in this game. Now it’s apparently just matter of “skill” to carry 5 man team and make these impossible 5 man roots aoe combos and then apparently just switch to totally different hero because for no reason we somehow now need burst to take down triple melee frontline.

I did do a lot of damage, but it wasn’t enough because healer just pushed 125k like it was nothing, on top of that she was giving that 50% damage boost and sleep couple of people who attempted to go backlane.

There’s your god damn strategy.

You didn’t even see the game and suddenly you’re the expert on what I should have drafted… if this wasn’t Blizzard forums I would use some swear words targeted at your ignorant mind.

1 Like

To be fair Ana is prolly the best healer in the game by far atm. Def not easy to beat. But usually there are other dps in your team, no?

3 Likes

Yeah no s—, I’m not asking if I was able to have some ally to kill her, I’ve killed her many times myself, not just with this hero.

I’m asking if it’s fair that 1 hero can absolutely counter everything you do as damage dealer (one of the highest damage dealers in game) with all 4 skills contributing damage done (perfectly executed combos multiple times to 2-3 people), all talents contributing to damage done, and her boost gives cooldown reduction to her ally and super high spell damage, sleeping dart to crowd control 1-2 people, then she uses 2 out of 4 skills to heal where one can also be used to fighting enemy and denying their healing, (so not only you’re countering the damage, you’re also countering enemy healing) and for some reason that’s totally okay to overheal damage of assassin, especially on level lead.

Why do you all guys think why the competitive scene in this game is pretty much dead? Could it potentially be that this all just translates into boring 5 man snowballs nearly every single map and even with lane soaking there’s little no difference in how objectives are captured and bosses are taken by whoever has the lead, it always eventually becoming unstoppable push, rather than teams having 1 last good fight till game ends?

It’s like I’m arguing with a cult members here or something…

yes, it is fair. counters exist. if your complaints can almost completely vanish by picking a different hero (in this case, a burst mage like Jaina instead of a sustained mage like mephisto) then the issue is draft. if you wanted to argue that Mephisto is left a bit too weak after repeated nerfs, that is a MUCH different story however. However arguing that another hero is just too good or “unfair” when you could have beaten them by drafting better is nonsense.

the competitive scene died because the dev team literally spent their time listening to people like you who complain a character is too strong after losing like ONE game against them. Repeated nerfs stop the game from growing, leading to people not interested to pursue getting better at the game. without people clamoring for the top, there are less reasons to watch pro games, leading to decline.

Snowballs happens almost entirely due to skill differences, not because of comp lmao. you won’t lose 10 kills to 35 because the enemy team had one stronger hero or some nonsense.

you won’t find many fans of Blizzard here as they don’t really play the game much. those types of people are normally hyper casuals who play a few games a week and nothing more.

6 Likes

Really? When is the last time they nerfed healers?

When is the last time someone was interviewed on Tournament and they were like “oh I just hated the fact our skill combo could actually kill the enemy assassin, I think they should have had more healing to counter that burst”.

I really don’t understand what this means. What have they nerfed so drastically?

Maybe Kael’thas nerf from being able to 1 shot pentakill entire teams?

Yeah maybe they should have BUFFED instead of nerfed him, they should have buffed everyone else to be on the par. And by the way, I was the one ASKING for everyone to be on par with the old release Kael’thas, I was the one hoping for buffs… just not for the HEALERS.

You haven’t been watching the tournaments… like ever? I could link you many tournaments where team gets ahead, wins objective, dominated trades, continues to follow with new objectives and wins couple more trades. Level differences grow and game ends.

Where are these super tight close games you’re speaking of?

It’s only a 30% buff to Spell Power.

Yeah I was adding the cooldown reduction to the overall damage, 150% faster means 3 times faster, soo basically what I should have said was something of 200% damage increase (4 times).

Totally balanced in right hands.

It’s kinda a Ana is OP thread. Just ban her or something

If you hate Ana so much, you should probably ban her in draft. So often I see her get through the banning phase followed by players complaining that the other team has Ana, when she could have been banned or even better, first picked for your own team. Instead she gets ignored until the other team gets her, as if she isn’t the strongest healer in the game right now.

If you don’t want to draft Ana, and don’t want to waste a ban on her, then you’ve got to counterpick her. Mephisto does great damage, but as others have said, he doesn’t really have the same oomph of a burst hero, so Ana can definitely heal through it outside of very favorable circumstances for your team.

It also sounds like a failure of your own teammates to perform. It sounds like the other dps on your team failed to put out enough pressure. Had they done so, either by playing better or picking a better hero for the situation, I imagine you would have been fine, according to your claims of how well you were playing. Unfortunately Blizzard can’t really account for poor play by your teammates. :frowning:

1 Like

Both Ana and Alexstraza counter bad players who only do poke damage. There are a few other healers who do this as well and it makes them very strong in low ranked games.

This isn’t necessarily a fault of the game.

So if my BURST damage is poke damage because I’m underleveled, then I’m a bad player?

Oh right, this game must be full of bad players because only morons playing this game are left playing.

Again the whole point of topic was about healing being stronger than any individual damage dealer, which is just wrong because #1 the healer doesn’t have 4 skills to heal, they do damage as well. #2 because they actually offer some other things like crowd control, something that is not nearly as strong that for example most damage dealers can do (exceptions like Butcher and Zeratul).

But at least with Butcher case having such strong crowd control comes with masssive cost and can be cleansed. Supports have like 10 seconds cooldown on their crowd control, nobody is going to cleanse that, at least all the time.

Kid just play qm. No wonder why he don’t answer to the ban question. Nothing to see here, folks

3 Likes

Yeah totally agree. I think he basically saying I’m leaving because she hasn’t been nerfed yet.
She definitely needs a nerf IMO. I would be banning her every chance I get. I QM I guess you just have to do your best. It sucks getting a counter team but that’s just the way of the s_*t match making ATM.

Hmm, so what’s the ideal healing number for a healer? If they shouldn’t be able to out heal one assassin character’s damage on the enemy team, how much should they be able to do? If they can only heal a small fraction of the sustained damage received, why even draft a healer? Wouldn’t you rather have an impactful teammate?

As a side note, I feel the stat screen isn’t very helpful, as it doesn’t reflect meaningful numbers. Damage that was not healed and led to a kill is meaningful, as is damage taken that you did not die from. Padded numbers aren’t helpful in showing contribution of the player.

1 Like

because some players and teams are better at the game than others.

ana has sustained linear healing while mephisto deals aoe damage. If she’s “negating all your damage” then you’re not hitting enough targets enough times to make use of the damage procs in his kit.

as much as you say “I know its a team game” your rant comes off with the effect that you don’t know its a “team game”. You describe meph as hitting the ‘frontline’ and not other types of targets, so you’re likely not hitting as many targets as you could, spreading out more damaging effects, or even neglecting the game isn’t just you versus her, but that soe heroes have their own healing and damage mitigation as well: so long as a hero survives, they can continue to take damage, which allows more numbers to be pumped to allow for more damage to be taken, for more damage to be healed.

What you call ‘healbots’ are players that also want to be impactful by being able to ‘save’ their team, and not just delay an inevitable, so some have the tools to, in conjunction with their team, enable heroes to survive the damage from one other hero based on the typing of damage dealt compared to the type of healer.

as a team there’s also other people that are supposed to be there getting kills. One of my previous games I had top damage and kills with a leoric at ~45k damage – by getting kills, the enemy team doesn’t have time to respond to healing, esp when its pressure on the backline heroes that can shrug off hits as well as a frontline.

a frontline’s job is to soak damage, how ‘fun’ would the game be for a hero that couldn’t take some aoe damage and, with their team, survive unfocused efforts?

The capacity to “have fun” is to do more than get riled up by superficial numbers and pick up more on context and particulars that are happening in the battles: what few details you chose to convey can generally indicate the sort of stuff you don’t care about, therefore you don’t notice, and thus choose to be upset over what you don’t see.

“I like the game more without any healers”
cool, that sounds like mass-assassin blowout games are your thing where it tends to be first-strike kills and favors select heroes that mephisto may have trouble dealing with, so even in that sort of environment, you’d prob still find that hero underwhelming.

Part of the unique aspect of HotS is that it has dedicated healers as a role, and not just “supports” skirted to the side to compensate for limited resource allocation compared to a game where teams share the majority of the resource economy (experience)

1 Like

try actually reading what I wrote.

Your complaint was about Ana being too strong against Mephisto and I pointed out that Mephisto has been nerfed many times which is why his pickrate has dropped off so much. the nerfs were also mostly unwarranted and were the result of low skill complaints like usual. I can turn your point back on your though: when is the last time a pro player was interviewed and complained they lost because a hero they faced was just TOO good?

Mephisto is a good example. his baseline kit has been nerfed and Consume Soulas has been nerfed several times since his release. All because bad players kept complaining.

are you talking about years ago when Living Bomb spread pretty much forever? because that is an example of a mechanic being changed instead of a hero just being plain nerfed. also one nerfed isn’t the same as repeated nerfs until a hero is borderline unviable.

This is not a snowball. these are examples of teams making skilled plays and coming ahead as a result. Snowballing would be if Team X made one good play and the enemy team basically had no chance of winning because the Team X was able to somehow get 4 levels ahead just by pushing/constantly winning quick teamfights or something. Due to the existence of bosses, objectives, etc, that is very hard to do without big skill advantages. no single heroes in HOTS can give a team that type of advantage, it’s like 95% of the time pure skill differences.

Games in pro play aren’t necessarily super tight but they typically don’t feature snowballs unless it’s an established, Sponsored team, vs an amateur team. obviously the winning team will have a level advantage by the time the game ends if they happen to win a good fight, make a good final push, etc. that isn’t the same as snowballing.

1 Like