Rank points for winning inaccurately allocated

Hello! With the latest release of a new season, I think something has gone incorrect with the Bronze5 initial ranking. Let me explain :slight_smile:

I recently started playing HOTS in August 2019. As you’d expect, I was pretty terrible to start out with, butI knew it could only get better. Ended the last season inBronze5 for ranked; but I was ok with that because I knew a new season was coming where I could have a chance to redeem myself! This season started, and I started exactly at the same spot as I ended last season. Additionally, friends I play with started at a new spot. To top it all off, I’ve not been able to get more than 15 or 16 rank points per win; people I play with are getting 150-200. Which by the math, this means I’m going to have to play nearly 400 hours in the next season (full of wins with ZERO losing), in order to even progress to Bronze 4. (For people that have families/jobs/school, this is a pretty lofty expectation and questionable gameplay design).

The group I was with last night, started at Bronze 3 and ended the day in Silver 4-5. I started at Bronze 5 and ended at Bronze5. I’m sure you can imagine how frustrating & disengaging this is. I know you guys did a lot of stuff with Bronze5 rebalancing in the last season, but with the start of a new season, you should give something to players to redeem themselves as they learn and progress through the game. We don’t all suck forever and some people get better then longer they play (go look at my profile, I do post MVPs). Bronze5/wood punishment should be redeemable and not permanent; if it’s permanent, this should be clearly listed.

If possible, I’d like you to take a look at my account since the new season release, the scoring and award me some missing rank points so I have the ability to climb out of Bronze5. I think your system reset inaccurately … every other player I play with got a fresh start - and my account did not .This is a very disengaging and upsetting experience. Blizzard is usually pretty good about reengaging people (especially around the release of a new season/expansion). This is unexpected :frowning: Can you please investigate? Thanks much!

Hello,

I have the same problem too !
Please someone of Blizzard could response this question ?

There is no fix because it isn’t a bug. See the Blizzard post below.

This is the article he linked to:

People on the lower end of the MMR spectrum in Bronze 5 have to grind out a lot of wins to move to Bronze 4.

(But yeah, it is not a fun or immersive system, and just encourages those players to quit their main accounts)