Random Lag / FPS Spikes every 15-20 seconds

So suddenly today I started having random Lag / FPS spikes about every 15-20 seconds while in a match.

I know that it’s gotta be EITHER Lag or FPS but I can’t tell which one it is since what basically happens is that every 15-20 seconds the game freezes up for 1-2 seconds and then does a “jump” as if I had connection issues but then resumes as per normally until the next spike happens 15-20 seconds later.

I DOUBT it is lag tho because my SO and other friends in my match did not have these spikes so it is most likely FPS spikes unless Blizzard can have server connection issues to individual PCs on the same network.

I have been playing Hots daily for the past 3-4 months and this was never an issue before today - it just started happening in today’s first match.

This does not occur in Try mode but happens at least in AI games with and without AI team mates and in Quick match. Not bothered to try Unranked or Ranked as I doubt it would be any different.

I have not installed or updated anything on my PC between yesterday and today.

After the spikes started happening I did the following:

Ran a Scan and Repair which did not fix it.

I made sure my Windows and Graphics Card drivers was up to date: Which they were.

I restarted the PC: The spikes was still there.

I then uninstalled and re-installed HotS and the spikes was still present. in AI games and Quick match but again - Not in Try Mode.

I’d really appreciate any and all help with this - I love this game and will play it til the day Blizzard shuts it down as a Brawlers game with all Blizzard characters was something I had dreams of since way back during the Warcraft 3 Days.

you should be able to tell by pressing Ctrl+Alt+F in-game. this will show the fps and latency statistics in the corner.

to test latency, run WinMTR while you are in a game and experience the lag. then paste the results here. make sure to place your MTR into code blocks (see formatting guide if you dont know how)