Quickmatch matchmaking is stupid, learn from league of legends

League of legends also has 5 roles and their roles are far stricter than hots since hots has a “flex position” so hots only has 4 fixed roles (tank healer ranged assassin solo laner) while league has 5.

Despite this you never hear league players complain about poor team comps or matchmaking giving them stupid dumb team comps. In hots you hear this complain every single week multiple times on here and on reddit.

And the reason is really simple. League players get to assemble a team comp unlike hots that has to rely on the matchmaker that gives you either 3 tanks or no tanks every game, and puts nazeebo on your team as the only ranged dps on hanamura every time.

Quick match has got to be the most miserable casual player experience out of all 3 MOBAs.

I get it, u guys like hots and will defend it since this is the hots Forum after all. But trust me, as someone who’s player league and hots, the hots matchmaking and casual player experience is just miserable in comparison.

6 Likes

I don’t play LoL but even I know this is a lie. No matter the game, people always complain about the MM.

I don’t defend HotS though.

17 Likes

Yeah okay, I just did basic search, top 3 results:

https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/aqf30r/matchmaking_is_terrible_right_now/

https://lol.garena.com/news/content--matchmaking-real-talk

https://leagueoflegends.fandom.com/wiki/Matchmaking

Sure, no complaints about matchmaking at all.

19 Likes

Oh I should make it clear. I meant matchmaking in terms of roles and team comps not matchmaking in terms of skill.

Never in my entire life have I seen someone from league complain “we just got stomped because we were missing a proper jungler/tank/support while enemy team had one, please give us mirrored roles like they do in hots, so if enemy team has a jungler/tank/support we should have one too”

Yea no one in their right mind would ask for that lmao.

Their blind pick system has its flaws but its far far superior to quickmatch’s clown garbage team comps.

If you suggested on league reddit to have a system where the matchmaker picks what heroes to be on your team rather than the players picking, you’d be down voted to hell because that’s a far worse way to do it

Hots uniqueness from the other MOBAs is that it has by far the most matchmaking complaints in quickmatch ever, and new players are forced to play the mode that is the most imbalanced and random and uneducational of all the game modes available

2 Likes

If only there were modes where you can pick your own team comps…

7 Likes

If only those modes were playable. Unranked is dead and ranked has party restrictions as well as long queues

BTW in NA as well, unranked is alr almost dead. I hope ranked dies quickly too so the whole of NA can experience what it’s like to play only qm lmao

2 Likes

Call of the Nexus: Enforced Quickmatch Composition Every Quickmatch game will include a tank, healer and ranged assassin for each team. To help fill the queue with more tanks and healer we’ll be providing an xp bonus for players who choose to queue as underrepresented roles.

7:46 PM · Nov 2, 2018

They already tried it. They reverted it since the queue times were getting too long.

6 Likes

The articles you link clearly address player skill level, not team composition, which is what the OP is trying to convey.

However, it should be noted that LoL is MUCH more active than Hots, allowing the devs to be more lenient with team composition matchups. Hots doesn’t have that luxury. It makes what comps it can out of necessity.

2 Likes

Which clearly suggests that most people are OK with the quirkiness of QM comps. For me, I have no problems finding matches in URD, although I generally play SL if I want to play a draft mode. When I play QM, not only do I expect weird comps, I actually like them. Playing with a non-meta comp forces me to evaluate everything from talent picks to strategy, to learning new ways to play certain heroes. I look forward to the challenge of QM weirdness.

7 Likes

Oh on the contrary all it suggests is that most people STILL IN HOTS are okay with QM comps.

The majority of people who couldn’t tolerate the randomness/nonsensical nature of QM comps quit the game a long time ago and are now playing league of legends, that’s why the people left here are all QM defenders

You could turn QM into absolute garbage and the people who continue to post in forums will still defend it because the people still posting in forums are the small minority who like it while everyone’s quit a long time ago

5 Likes

Hoku is absolutely right, if the most people wouldn’t like QM like you, they would simply play other modes, period. Your so-called ranked restriction is not really an arguement, because it’s easy to solve the problem. Get a 5 premate (you can even look for teammates) and play with them, problem solved.

In short: QM is fine.

2 Likes

I am sure you have some kind of evidence of this.

3 Likes

Evidence? Sure I do.

Go into the forum of any dead game with glaring flaws and a small, dying playerbase, tell them their game is bad and point out the flaws, and see how they react. It’d be exactly the same, they’d tell you it’s great the way it is, and tell you you’re wrong

5 Likes

And you were so close. I was agreeing with you all the way through. But then you just absolutely had to play the victim card…

Well done.

More or less. People who apologize game flaws for the sake of being a white knight. It’s so disgusting.

2 Likes

Or stopped caring about moba’s entirely. If i would take an alternative moba, it never will be LoL, i would go dota2 instead. But i wont anyway.

Dont blindly assume people would play other moba’s. Thats like stating that a team fortress 2 player goes to overwatch… according to the better tf2 players, overwatch is garbage because overwatch has done too many things wrong regarding balance aspects. i can name a lot of these issues if you want.

They might fall under a similar category, but vary too much.

The reason why most people are ok with QM comps, is because most of the time they are still balanced enough. Sure, you can miss a role in the team, but the enemy often also misses that same role. Its only very specific heroes that might cause unbalanced games in those cases (specific hardcounters).

And this is an indication of actualy having quite decent MM on that part. SInce for a game that lacks a big player base, MM tasks become quite difficult to perform properly.

For plenty of players, if hots is gone, there is no alternative.

3 Likes

trust me, league players complain just as much as we do. the lower the rank, usually the more complaining.

1 Like

Evidence that tons of people went to LoL specifically because of the QM matching.

I can wait while you look for it.

2 Likes

If the game gets to that point. Why would anyone stick around to play the game?

exactly this . the people defending this games failings are the ones that kept it from improving

2 Likes