Quality of players in QM

Is it just me or every time I play QM, my team is literally 4 potatoes that never played the game before? Why is this acceptable? Why do we cater to the bad players instead of the top in this game? Why can’t bad players just go play in their own little corner and let truly decent players a chance to actually have fair games where everyone is equally skilled? Why place new, brand new accounts in my games? Place me with people who play as much as me… I have no interest in teaching new players and do NOT enjoy having them in my games. I legit only want to play with the top players, not the noobs

Why is it that after 5ish years, the idiotic devs still cannot manage to build a decent Matchmaking experience???

And then they wonder why nobody plays this game anymore. Fooling egotistical devs and leaders at Acti-Blizzard. no wonder your 15 year old version of WoW is better than all of the garbage you put out in the last 10 years (Minus Starcraft 2 before the expansions, that game was legit, but your idiots killed that too).

Can someone actually explain to me how a player who wants to get better and takes the game seriously can enjoy playing QM in it’s current state?

I legit had a player who played his first game ever in 2 years, log in for one game, simply to AFK in base and run in circles… Like What kind of person decides to get on their Computer one day, just to do that on a game they have not played in years??? It makes no sense… that this person would be placed on my team (level 80) when I am over level 600… How is this even possible… I bet I can create a better matchmaker than the idiots at blizzard in less than a day and I don’t even know how to code…

5 Likes

quit whinin. yes, stupid people play online video games, and sometimes they get on your team. get over it.

1 Like

OR, how about Blizzard makes new accounts and low winrate or low playtime/non-consistent players play together and longtime, consistent players with higher winrates play together?

How is it fair, that I can 1v5 an entire team? or that I have 4 useless potatoes and can’t do anything? Who can honestly say that this is fun? And why does Blizzard REFUSE to fix their garbage matchmaking in fear of hurting some little kid’s feelings because now he has to play with his similarly skilled peers and he can’t just always go TB varian and get carried and think it’s because he is good =((

1 Like

I would be glad matches with any sort of team resembling a meta comp are found at all in 2020.

The player quality is to be expected as many experienced people flat out quit HotS.
You might be the only player in the match with years of experience.

For better match quality try Unranked or SL. Most accounts there seem to have played 3+ years (not an indicator of skill, but it’s better than nothing).

I often see profiles in QM who have only played 1-6 months. They aren’t smurfs either. There is really no point flaming them, they are legitimately new.

2 Likes

Conclusion: Good players do not play QM. So why do they cater to that crowd? Any smart person should make the game for the best players, not for the worst. It’s the best players that will make the game grow and bring a following, not the little kids in QM…

Because the bad players are the majority of this game not the other way around.

No wonder we always get atleast 50 threads about how a hero is OP each hero release and those bronze 5 would have this game tuned down to bronze 5 lvl of skill just so they can keep up.

3 Likes

if blizzard actually made the matchmaker so that it really did match people of equal skill together on the same team always, the OP would be the first one here complaining about 30 minute queue times. :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

And 30 mins is generous, I remember watching streams of GM waiting over an hour to find a match. That’s what happens with tight matchmaking and low player population.

Not to even mention Storm League on servers that don’t happen to be EU or Central US… You could wait all day at Dia + and not get a single game.

Maybe you have to play over a threshold of games to really start getting people more on your level in QM. I’ve been playing a lot of QM lately, and I feel like my teammates are competent more often than not. If you had asked me a month ago though, I would have agreed with you about the experience. (Or maybe I have just been getting put against all the lethargic players more often this past month.)

This
Game
Has
No
Matchmaker

1 Like

Can someone actually explain to me how a player who wants to get better and takes the game seriously can enjoy playing QM in it’s current state?

Git gud, make a smurf, win your early games. I know because I have a smurf that gets mostly decent QM games in the plat-master range and then I have this account where it’s harder for me to carry in my QM games (where my teammates are often literal new players) than in Plat SL. Also, for bonus points, try not giving your smurf a racist gamertag.

All you can do is play unranked and ranked and ranked and even then Its not exactly gonna be better. I do not enjoy qm at all cause there is almost 0 skill involved. From how bad the players are to how lucky the matching is. I can not take it seriously at all.

Why would you? It’s Quick Match, not draft. Why does anyone have any expectations of Quick Match to begin with? That’s what I can’t figure out.

I try my hardest with my chosen hero, but I do so without expectations. I’m just there for a quick match.

I know, right?!

3 Likes

I find it hard to believe 10 gm/ high master players aren’t playing at the same time

you may be expecting to much from an old broken free to play game

1 Like

You expect a quality playerbase when we just nerf anything that poses a challenge in the nexus? There is no evolution if there is no pressure. The playerbase will remain bad as a result.

That’s just nature 101

2 Likes

Should not surprise me if this game gets dumped down to bronze 5 skill lvl so those bad players gets what they want.

1 Like

QM is just waste of time
in my opinion, whoever wants decent games should go draft/ranked
for learning go vs ai (all ai even mates)
for fun go brawl

but QM is not bad, its garbage, unless you got some friends

Because, my good friend, cake just seems so much better when you have it and eat it too.

Supposedly there is a buddy system.
When I started my smurf, I had extremely easy matches. I often felt sorry.
After about the week I landed in a bucket where I was playing with medium-age accounts and new accounts with fairly high (60-80%) winrates.
After another bit I landed in another bucket where I’d repeatedly play alongside accounts with 25-30% winrates - over quite a long time.

The reward for having a higher MMR is getting weaker teammates and the match hinges on you. Replace one word with punishment, if you feel like it. It’s neither, really, it is just a consequence of supposedly fair rainbow matchmaking.

… But, it’s not even that much of a rainbow. So it’s often just luck, or non-matching skills, discussed in some topic about a week ago.

Wasn’t always like this, I remember about two years ago when I got to play with really nice people, had a blast. I guess the playerbase is dwindling and this is the only sustainable solution they can come up with.

One thing you can do is exit queue after a given amount of time, to ensure that you’re never in the much expanded queue (say, at 58 seconds). But you’ll wait proportionally more.