PTR version 2.54.0 [fake news]

A ranged bruiser isn’t completely out of the question, but you’re probably right.

1 Like

The last ranged assassin was Orphea, unless you count Tassadar. I’d welcome a break from bruisers and tanks.

13 Likes

So excited to see him in action! :slight_smile:

I’ve been aching for new content. I’m hoarding 48 chests (they increase over time), and I’m not opening them, because I already have everything I wanted from the collections.

No you don’t. ROCK AND ROLL RACERS!

Though I kind of doubt we’re getting a new hero.

But Blackthorne would make sense if we did. And it’s probably not RRR. And I hate you.

That is indeed true. There are however 30 ranged assassins, about one third of the entire roster, and only 4 supports (which, incidentally, Tassadar used to be) and 10 melee assassins. So purely for variety’s sake I’m slightly disappointed if it’s another hero that is already disproportionately represented.

1 Like

Ranged Assassin is the most diverse class. Tanks need a way to peel and survive, healers need healing and other support abilities (usually CC), bruisers need a way to engage and help in map pressure, and supports are just hard to design in general. There’s a lot more you can do with a ranged assassin’s kit. I mean, it encompasses everything from Genji to Chromie to Zul’jin. Those are three very different heroes.

8 Likes

We don’t need any more ranged assassins for the next ten heroes at least. Gameplay wise we don’t need more for now. Public perception in the sense there’s an overwhelming amount of ranged assassin mains who want ranged assassins is a different story

I’d rather the devs make a new subclass for tanks, maybe bruisers, and unlikely —-> healer/support

1 Like

Can’t believe I’m saying that but I agree with you.

April Fools got released early?

7 Likes

And since they seem to like doing this trend of Warcraft -> Non-Warcraft -> Warcraft releases the next hero after Blackthorne is likely to be from Warcraft.

1 Like

While I would love to see Blackthorne, or any ranged assassin, I am too wary of leaks due to NotBelial, especially this time of year.

sus

8 Likes

Sus indeed

9 Likes

D.va had “cute” lore to begin with, but then they completely veered off course with that weird love story and completely forced cinematic.

Ironic that the Reinhardt cinematic, which is easily #1 or #2 cinematic is followed by arguably the worst cinematic with D.va.

Also, the timing with April Fool’s is suspicious.

3 Likes

Where did u get this loading screen? My PTR client is still on the 2.53 Hogger patch.

1 Like

A new patch!? NOOOOOO. I need more time to get the rehgar christmas skin.

Lol just kidding. Goodbye christmas

Where is that footage from?

Also, has anyone played Blackthorne and does anyone know if that’s something related to the game?

2 Likes

Yeah. I’m keeping my expectations low. I know Blizzard is gonna disappoint us again and just recycle skins from past spring events.

WHERE THE HELL IS OUR STARCRAFT HERO?!

DEVS!

10 Likes

God yes, Diva’s voice makes me want to choke a –

1 Like