Proposed Yrel changes for next season patch notes

Hi all. I already posted this in reddit, but I guess it makes more sense here.

Current ranked season is ending so I wanted to suggest these Yrel changes for the new one.

I think that it would be good to just increase a little her damage after Templar’s Veredict nerf and improve level 20 diversity. This is what I propose for that:

Abilities

• Righteous Hammer (W)
    • Charged up damage increased from 125 to 140.

Level 20

• Word of Glory [R1]
    • Additional effect: Ardent Defender lasts 1 more second.
    • Bug fix: Area effect visual now fits with the range.
  • Hallowed Ground [R2]
    • Additional functionality: Sacred Ground also grants 10% Spell Power until she leaves the area.
  • Bubble Hearth
    • Additional functionality: After Bubble Heart you automatically get full restored health and mana at Hall of Storms.

Comments:

Righteous Hammer buff:

Righteous Hammer is her lowest damage ability. When Yrel was realased, Vindication and Righteous Hammer did the same damage (125). Then Vindication was buffed to 140 while Righteous Hammer stayed the same.

To make up for Templar’s Veredict nerf, I think that it would be good to buff Righteous Hammer to be on par again with Vindication numbers as it originally was. It feels weird that a light ability does more damage than a hammer one.

It would just mean 33 more damage at level 20 (from 274 to 307).

Level 20 diversity:

I think current Yrel tree talent isn’t bad but level 20.

Seraphim popularity is around 80% but I think that it would be fatal for Yrel to nerf it. Against heavy CC compositions is the only way to make Yrel playable. When you get level 20 it’s like “This ETC has being a nightmare to me the whole game, finally I can play…) Buffing the rest of level 20 talents is IMO a much better approach:

Word of Glory: For buffing this talent I have considered cooldown reduction, increase % healing or increase duration. IMO, CD reduction doesn’t have too much value at level 20 as team fights at that level are usually game ending. About healing, current healing is 75% so increase it to 100% doesn’t have too much sense to me. Therefore, I think that the best way is buffing duration from 3 to 4 seconds (Uther talent 20 Bulwark of Light has a similar effect). For the healing effects just the first or two second usually matters, but it would still be interesting in some circumstances like damage overtime (vs poison nova for example) and for sure, being protected for 4 seconds is great.

Hallowed Ground: I considered to change the effect because now Sacred Ground cooldown is just 25 seconds, but some Yrel players love this talent, and the effect is visually cool and being able to jump out with 50 armor is not minor. Then, I would keep the effect just buffing the talent. I’ve considered buffing armor to 60 or giving 10% Spell Power under the area. Buffing armor is boring IMO and there are many % damage talents in lategame where armor doesn’t help anyway. Spell Power makes sense under the area, so it’s the option that I suggest (stackeable with Velen’s Chosen).

Bubble Hearth: Well, even if it’s not the most competitive talent (considered troll pick by many), I think all we Yrel players love it. The effect is visually great and fun. For buffing this talent, I think that the best way is being able to go back faster to the map. I considered increasing mount speed at Hall of Storms after using bubble, but you can already have that with Divine Steed, so I suggest insta full health and mana to gain a few seconds.

I believe these proposed changes are fair and safe in numbers as they only affect underperforming talents.

Thanks for reading and long live the goat.

4 Likes

I have around 80% WR / 20 games this season (decayed to plat/dia) and post recent patch I wouldn’t like any changes.
But I like your suggestions since they’re not over the top and help with the lvl 20 talent variability. Let me get that sweet 85% WR.

Yeah, that would be me. :smirk:

4 Likes

I don’t know why Bubble Hearth doesn’t give invulnerability instantly. If Gul’dan is allowed to teleport anywhere on the map instantly on a 60 second cooldown, Yrel should be allowed to safely teleport to one place after a few seconds on an 80 second cooldown.

Yeah it’d be really annoying to play against. You know what else is really annoying? Demonic Circle.

3 Likes

I agree that in comparison with similar abilites (Rocket Ride or Demonic Circle), Bubble Hearth doesn’t end in a good place.

However, I don’t think that it would be good to give bubble invulnerability instatly. IMO it’s a better design when players can play around it (I don’t like Demonic Circle).

About the possibility of a cooldown reduction, despite it’s a level 20 ability, I think that, in the case of bubble, it can make sense. Demonic Circle is 60 seconds CD and Rocket Guide is 55 seconds CD with level 20 upgrade.

FRESH MUTTON

1 Like

FRESH GOAT.

FRESH FRIENDS

1 Like

Because Yrel has way more HP mobility and defensive abilities? She can make far more space than Gul’Dan and if would be OP if the only counterplay to that is having enough CC to make forgoing Seraphim too costly.

Demonic Circle should be removed. It is absurdly broken and removes Gul’Dan’s ONLY weakness.

If Chromie’s “Bye Bye!”, a talent that reduced Hearthstone cast to 1 second and competed with Iceblock, was removed, then Demonic Circle absolutely needs to go. It is far more powerful and entirely un-counterable.

Bye Bye was removed because it was a trap talent that sucked. It encouraged Chromie to overextend for no value then leave her team behind.

3 Likes

It was removed because Blizzard considered it “broken” and “uncounterable” and yet here’s Gul’Dan with the actual broken uncounterable talent. Not to mention Gul’Dan’s 20 row isn’t competitive; Demonic Circle is leagues above the other choices, while Bye Bye! actually competed with Ice Block.

You could at least CC/stun Chromie out of hearthing. Can’t do a damn thing to lil guldans mustard over here.

and DC does the same thing. Encourages mustard to overextend, BUT he’s not squishy and he can self-heal, and then escape if need be.

Like there’s just simply no justifying this at all.

Changes seem ok, I’ll approve them :stuck_out_tongue:

The difference is Yrel is Tanky already, Guldan not so much. One can be blown up in a single CC, one less likely.

Note: I’m not denying how OP the teleport is, I’ve been taking it since I first played Guldan, even if it was recommended otherwise

No, Demonic Circle is just a QM problem and even then Guldan sacrifices one of the strongest Heroic Upgrades in the game, a horrify that reduces armor by 20 to everyone getting hit by a barely telegraphed ultimate and just walk to any direction for 3 seconds, is just enough to decide the game because he can turn it into 4v5/3v5.

Demonic Circle suffers the exact design of Bye Bye, by leaving you decided that you aren’t going to be in that fight anymore, you ARE going to defend but your team is one man down.

4 Likes

Uncounterable, until it is countered!

5 Likes

Not to mention DC many times becomes a time bomb if Aba is neaby.

2 Likes

The reason why I always set in the halls of storms :stuck_out_tongue:

Or perhaps an additional effect would to be have it give allies some sort of benefit such as 10 armor, improved health/mana regen, or some other benefit if they are within its area as well.

While Yrel can definitely be a bully in knocking the enemy around silly while sitting on them, she’s also a pseudo support in how she has access to a lot of abilities that benefit her teammates. It is after all Sacred Ground, Yrel needs to stop hogging the Light and give her allies some of that holy sunshine.

I’m kinda surprised no one brought up Gift of the Naaru. Is it truly that good as it is?