Probius Re-work

When I heard of Probius’ arrival in the Nexus, I was excited to relive my SC days of Photon cannons laying siege to enemy bases. However once I played his kit, my excitement faded. He wasn’t quite what I expected. Most of his utility and damage was centered around abilities that didn’t even exist with probes in SC and the cannons were left as a mere novelty that did next to nothing (or at least it felt like it). But rather than scrap his abilities with this rework, I’ve decide to rework their design and with the level one talent choice, let the player set the style of play they want to use. Oh and let the cannons have their day to shine. Minor changes are in BOLD, major changes are in italic. My thoughts were that with the new upcoming role changes I’d slide him into more of an assassin role with either a burst or sustain damage builds by removing some of his wave clear with easier to apply damage to heroes. If the numbers make him seem too over powered please let me know. I have a hard time seeing it long run.

(Z) - Probe Warp (60 Sec CD) - Worker Rush has replaced with Probe Warp. While in the energy field of a pylon, Probius can warp to any other location within the field of an active pylon, including the one he’s in. Staying within a pylon field will recharge this ability twice as fast. He has no mount speed.

(D) - Pylon - (unchanged) except now store 2 charges at start and both charges recharge over the 12 sec CD. Placing new removes oldest.

(Q) - Disruption Pulse (Mana 75/CD 3 Sec)- Fire a burst of energy forward, dealing 142 (+5% per level) damage to all enemies it passes through. Hitting the core of a Warp Rift will cause it to explode, dealing additional damage.

(W) - Warp Rift (Mana 150/CD 6 Sec, 2 charges) - Open an unstable Warp Rift at a location that slows enemies by 15% and that arms after 1 second , lasting 9 seconds. Armed Warp Rifts explode when hit by Disruption Pulse, dealing 180 (+5% per level) damage to nearby enemies. Core area is now roughly 50% of the diameter.

(E) - Photon Cannon (CD 15 Sec per charge, 1 sec CD to place a new cannon) - Warp in a Photon Cannon that deals 105 (+4% per level) damage per second. Lasts for 15 seconds . Must be placed within a Pylon’s Power Field. Deactivates if it doesn’t have a Pylon powering it. Cannons now prioritize Enemy Heroes.

(R1) - Pylon Overcharge (Mana 100/CD 80 Sec) - Places a overcharged pylon with 3 photon cannons around it. Power field and vision of all pylons increase. Over charged pylon lasts 10 seconds before it explodes destroying it’s cannons. Causes all photon cannons within its field to rapid fire on their targets at 2 times the speed. Pylon is unstable and has half health.

(R2) - Null Gate (Mana 100/CD 40 Sec ) - Project a barrier of negative energy in the target direction that lasts 6 seconds . Enemies who touch the barrier take 60 (+4% per lvl) damage per second and are slowed by 80% for as long as they remain in contact with it. Enemies that enter the gate with a Disruption Charge, charge erupts silencing them for 1 sec and removing charge. Also any Warp rifts with the gate will erupt immediately once armed.

Talents

Level 1:

(Q): Disruption Charge - Enemy Heroes hit will receive a charge that does 100(+4%per Level) damage over 4 sec. After 2 seconds Charge can jump to another nearby Enemy Hero refreshing it’s duration. Heroes can only receive a passed charge once every 5 Sec. but can get a new charge from another cast of pulse. Charges cannot stack. Enemies with a charge that step in an armed warp rift core will detonate the rift and remove the charge.

(W): Stable Rifts - Rifts now arm in .5 Sec

Quest!: After hitting 30 heroes increase the radius of the rift by 25%

Quest!: After hitting 60 heroes damage is increased to 280(+4% per lvl)

(E): Gathering Minerals - Photon Cannon gains a second charge. Also gain selective target ability which allows you to choose what cannons attack.

Quest: Enemy Heroes and Minions drop Minerals when killed. Collect them to increase the Health of Photon Cannons by 8, up to 560.

Reward: After collecting 70 Minerals, gain a third charge.

Level 4:

(W): Rift Barrier - While standing in a warp rift, Probius gains a 30% Physical Armor

(Z): Warp Shields - After warping Probius will gain 70 spell armor that fades over 3 sec. If the armor prevents damage equal to 40% of Probius’ HP the cooldown of Probe Warp is reset.

Shield Capacitor - Probius gains shields equal to 2.5% of his max health per second, up to a max of 25% , while he stands in the field of a pylon .

Level 7:

(Q): Particle Accelerator - Pulse travels 50% faster. If it hits an enemy hero it will stun them for .5 sec.

(W): Rift Resonance - Enemies inside a warp rift when it detonates are slowed by 30% for 2 sec.

(E): Photon Shock - Enemies hit with at least 4 shots from photon Cannons blinded for 2 sec. Cannot occur more than once every 8 sec.

Level 13: All talents unchanged

(D) Agressive Matrix - Pylon’s Power Field grants allied Heroes 35% increased Attack Damage.

(D) Power Overflowing - Pylon’s Power Field grants allied Heroes 10% increased Spell Power and 2 Mana per second.

(D) Shield Battery - Pylon’s Power Field grants allied Heroes 28 (+4% per level) Shields per second, up to 112 (+4% per level). Shields persist for 2 seconds after exiting a Pylon Power Field.

Level 16:

(W): Gravity Well - Enemies that touch the outer area of a rift are pulled to the core. Rift will collapse without detonating after 1 sec if this occurs but still can be detonated within that time.

(W): Repulsor - Enemies that touch the core area are pushed back. Rift will collapse without detonating after 1 sec if this occurs but still can be detonated within that time.

(W): Probius Loop - Warp rifts will now detonate a second time after 2 sec doing 50% damage.

(Q): Shoot’em Up - Hitting a Warp Rift with Disruption Pulse causes 4 additional pulses that deal 50% damage to be fired from the impact location in different directions. Pulses can give a charge (Lvl 1 talent) and can knock back with particle accelerator (Lvl 7 talent).

Level 20:

(R1) Construct Additional Pylons - Probius can now have up to 3 active Pylons and the fire rate of the cannons is now 3 times but only last 8 sec.

(R2) Gate Keeper - Null Gate lasts indefinitely if either end is within a Power Field and is 25% wider. If powered by 2 pylons, cooldown is twice as fast.

(W) Warp Corrosion - Enemies standing in a Warp Rift take 25% more damage from Probius’ abilities.

(Q) Refractive Pulse - Disruption Pulse initial travel path is 20% longer. The pulse can now ricochet of terrain and structures 2 times. Can apply charges (lvl 1 talent) and can stun (lvl 7 talent).