Press F for Whitemane

Except that it went from mana issues that can be resolved with talents, to mana issues period.

In fact, Whitemane’s mana issues are even WORSE now - Q and Clemency both cost a !@#$-ton of mana (Compared to Clemency previously being free, and Q costing 30 mana with no stacks), and the ONLY mana return talent is her Ult, forcing all Whitemanes to pick Divine Reckoning.

4 Likes

Divine Reckoning now returns some mana. Other than that, sadly no real options.

Which could’ve actually been fine, if not for the fact that they also removed her other mana efficient options. I don’t mind having to B when OoM like a normal Hero, but Whitemane’s entire mechanic relies on having enough mana to afford Desperation when necessary. Since she can’t recover mana anymore, she should’ve at least been able to save her mana for actual desperate times. Except Clemency is gone and base Q now costs (50%!) more, so now she can’t really save mana either.

They need to revert the Q change, and probably should’ve added some other mana return to her kit. I think mana return on E would be ideal.

2 Likes

No you’d still pick armor… Since that ult has a better interaction with her AA build, as it spreads zeal to the entire team, which is a lot better than a mana refund once you hit level 13 and get that power spike from AA healing. Seriously you’ll be able to out heal most stuff with this, provided people aren’t too suicidal. You honestly, don’t need that much mana at that point since you start spamming your AAs heavily due to the buff of Saintly Greatstaff at 13… Whitemane is pretty much a mid-late game hero at this point, the free permanent zeal is quite a kicker to boot. This is only compounded by her level 1 infinite quest really… Like I keep saying its become more feast or famine.

“…its become more feast or famine.”

Great description (fully agree), but also a very weird situation to place a healer. I haven’t had a decent match to full try out the AA build, but other build attempts have been rough going since patch. Not for lack of healing, I can still pump out the numbers… but the mana is a huge problem. I’ve had to retrain myself not to hit Clemency, 75 mana is a ridiculous cost for the ability to heal outside of combat.

I’ll press F tomorrow once Asia gets the official patch up. I need to sleep.

Clemency is currently bugged with one added functionality of removing exactly one stack of desperation. While this isn’t much it does somewhat matter when you reach level 16 as this more or less allows you to burst heal with being able to do two rounds of radiance quick. This is the bug:

F

I like the new talents and how they work, however the mana is rough to play and the amount of healing is low in comparison to heroes like Ana/Lili/Rehgar. I think she just need more tweeking and that talent to get 3 hp/2mana per hit is a trap talent that doesn’t really help her in the end game with mana issues. Not having a rset is just too rough or her damage to increase healing isn’t making up for the lack of mana.

I really really wanted to like this rework… I thought the AA talents looked cool when reading them, but having tried the hero today it was just… beyond dissapointing. What were they thinking?! Did any of the people they had testing this rework come back with ANY positive feedback? My dream now would be, that they would just apologize for this disaster of a rework, and then remake the old WM :frowning:

F

4 Likes

F
Why this rework ?!
She was so nice to play before it !
Now we can’t recover mana unless Divine reconing.
The previous Indulgence talent lvl 4 was so good, now im always OOM.
The new lvl 7 talents are all boring, versus previous fanatical power ( +50 spell power, )that was just so excelent, without that I dont feel very dangerous. It was the best WM talent, now it gone.
Now can’t root until lvl 16…

Nah, im lvl 103 with WM and she probably gonna stay this lvl.
You modified indulgence lvl 4 and remove fanatical power lvl 7, BIG mistake !

4 Likes

My main is now gone. she is really boring to play now, i can’t make anything close to the build i was rocking before, i dont understand how ppl had mana issues before this tbh, anyways RIP fun i guess

2 Likes

Mana was never a problem before if you used her well, now the only way to sustain a fight seems to be stacking extra mana from the lvl 1 quest

1 Like

Finally home so I had the chance to test out the new Whitemane.
Sadly, I’ve to agree with many others here: she’s damn boring to play now. Not weak, just plain boring to use.

I’ve Sally at 38, so a bit of games under my belt, and the complete removal of all the mana management has also taken out what there was of fun into her kit. No matter what build you were going for from the old ones, in some way you should always take a look at how you juggle around your mana.
Now it’s just… flat. Nothing interesting, the kit has become suddenly dull.

5 Likes

i don’t know much about whitemane so i could be totally off-base, but it seems weird to increase her baseline Q cost and reduce how much Desperation increases it. i would think the point of such a mechanic is to manage your mana by keeping your stacks low… but now the reward for keeping stacks low is lessened?

5 Likes

D

For the bunch of drama queens on this forum.

Why not? I bet most of the people here complaining about it were never good with her, thus had questionable insight anyway, but they give their opinion.

I never picked Clemency even when there was the mana refund talent with it, but now I find even less of a reason to use it since it costs so much.
That might be a place to start.

Using her is rough. She’s not completely unusable, but for the demand the reward doesn’t quite feel good enough. She’s like Malfurion with better single target healing but no roots in exchange and bigger mana issues.
You can work through them as with Uther, but I guess I forgot to mention that as with Uther that depends pretty heavily on your team. You never want to top off allies who have any kind of self sustain, unless they are in immediate danger.
But though she is playable, and I would compare her mana usage to Uther’s, she doesn’t grant armor, nor can tank or really have the damage or utility to make up for it.
All she has going for her is W and E costing nothing, but the ranges are somewhat short, and W’s cooldown is somewhat long.
Still, I"m not sure she needs a direct buff, so much as some reshuffling of certain aspects, and I do think that can be done with numbers tweaks.

I dont believe she is unusable, just that before it was better and no one complained about her, just that, but i will get used to the new one

1 Like

Brett really dropped the ball big time. Didn’t even make it out onto the court with the ball tbh. More like he forgot to tie his shoes, tripped on his laces, faceplanted onto the court, broke several teeth, and popped the ball with his landing.

F

6 Likes

That’s a lot of blame because basically we dislike the entire thing. He turned our fun spell caster healer into a stupid AA healer with no utility. Bravo, another win for stupid game killing decisions.

3 Likes

You aren’t missing anything since the skin is essentially a heavily overpriced rare with less features than a low epic skin, let alone a Legendary.

I agree with everyone on ur list except for Tyrande. Check out my post about her. Although if you played owl build then you will still be hurt.