Premades against non-premades

You mean compared to the times when Blizzard who has all the data of all the games have said they’re pretty much even, and it’s more a perception problem.

Premades for the vast vast majority of the population are perfectly fine except for the tippity top of players of whom there aren’t enough good players that make it exceedingly difficult to match like Lastai mentions.

However, there aren’t really solutions to that except to not let those players queue together. Ultimately, this is a team game, and disincentivizing that seems like a worse decision.

Was this in QM? If it was SL, did you guys get favored adjustment?

1 Like

SL.
Yeah, we got. +22.
Lost “only” 178 points instead of the regular 200.

The biggest advantage a 5 man stack has over a group of randoms is that the 5 man can almost guarantee that one of their team mates isnt going to have a hissy fit and throw the game for a stupid reason.

And while that definitely is an advantage, it isnt caused by 5 man teams, it’s caused by stupid and immature people.

2 Likes

Nothing surprising here, the game is always a match of 5 people vs 5 people. The team with better skills wins.

Just have a game that I teamed with 4 man party vs 5 solos.

Loading screen:
https://i.imgur.com/ExOc789.jpg

In-game End result:
https://i.imgur.com/hWty9Mc.jpg

Nothing much. Team B just lost all buildings, 17 kills, captured the majority of the camps and objectives. And yes, I am pretty much unneeded as I spend most of my times laning at the bottom lane and get some kills thru Purifier Beams. Probably the least stressful game that I ever played in these few days.

I also have a few similar games in the past where I was partying with 4 man party vs 5 solos, and most of the results are pretty satisfying for me (because I won lol.

But of course, when I was the one in 5 solos team vs 4man party or full premade, the results were often pretty depressing for me.

Kindly repeat your statement in the other threads on this topic.

There are 2 types of premade, one with 5 random pugs only do it for bonus exp. They usually lose with MMR disadvantage. The other one is 70%+ win rate proper premade with superior comp and communication. Most of the time these both are stomps one way or another, but the end result is ~50% win rate so who cares.

2 Likes

Might be.
However, in the match mentioned above, we actually had a well drawn out and balanced match that only slowly progressed into one side of the map. Very fun.

pretending premades don’t have an advantage because you won a match in no way change the fact that they absolutely have an advantage

3 Likes

I never really had any issues against premade teams. Most of the times it makes winning more sweet :smiley:

More:
Making clear that playing against premades is not the auto loss that the forums make it out to be.

It’s a potential advantage. And if the numbers say they’re even, then who really cares except for those who want to self sabotage because of a perception of that potential advantage.

1 Like

a perceived advantage is without a doubt an advantage

1 Like

you made quite the jump from premades having an advantage to it being an autoloss

1 Like

LoL no it doesn’t. If I think I’m going to get a date by casting a love spell on myself, doesn’t mean I’m actually going to get one. Perception isn’t reality. Perception can influence reality, but that’s a psychological issue not one of balance.

i have no idea what you are trying to say

Here is a list of things Blizzard said as well:

• HGC will continue in 2019
  • You will get an API
  • We will release something huge about Diablo on Blizzcon
  • The start of the season wasn’t a bug, everything working as intended
  • CrisHeroes played at 3am in the night and it’s the reason he fall from GM to Platin
4 Likes

Wow, revising history. First off, all those are all planned things, and not promises. Stats are something that ALREADY happened.

HGC, that was a higher up decision that even the designers were not aware of.

They said they would LIKE an API, but it’s complicated.

They said they would release something relating to Diablo, they never said it was huge, and they even wanted to temper expectations with clarified posts.

They have said multiple times there were bugs.

So yeah…you’re kind of really awful at this.

1 Like

It’s better you switch to Reddit. They like pathetically blind fanboys over there.

1 Like

The only thing pathetic is how bad you are at remembering things. You can absolutely be critical, I know I am, but you can’t just make stuff up or twist the truth so much.