Potential scoop for the next hero

Not narcissistic people, they’re so self centered they are me-karotes.

If folks be doubting, they need to listen :sound:

cackles

2 Likes

Oh, you.

How did you datamine this?

Same way I always do - compare new versions of the game to old versions of the game, and see what was added.

The primary tool I use for this is WinMerge from extracted game files using CascView(although lately I’ve swapped to CascExplorer), and then just a general familiarity with how data and galaxyscript work

4 Likes

Interesting, yet confusing.

I’ll stick to biology.

1 Like

That’s why a lot of players like Ilidan in QM or lower elo… sure, tooton, sure. :joy: I also like to play Murky and he isn’t op at all, only strong against bad players, who don’t know how to fight a Murky.

Well I agree with JumpyLion here that Gnolls have similarities with Hyenas, but your point that they are humanized dogs fits also. It really depends on the perspective you are looking from. :smiley:

because Murky isn’t stronger when this hero has allied with buzzy heroes like Diablo or Genji.

5 Likes

Turns out Fan is in on the conspiracy.

I would have never caught it without your intervention, to be honest.
It’s a good thing we have you.

Wait, is that real? I couldn’t hear it in game myself.

It’s as real as it gets, despite the fact that it’s in a virtual game.

1 Like

I can’t hear any game sounds in that video :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
(Well, I hear the horse’s hooves at about 0:01)

Guess I’ll pay attention and see if I can hear it in my own games

Huh, I heard it in that Fan clip, I will have to keep an ear out for it in game.

1 Like

You can hear a gnoll’s laugh shortly after he says “It’s near my hero?”. It’s very subtle though.

EDIT: Listening to it again, that video’s not even the right laugh clip. Still, it’s similar to this.

1 Like

I heard these in a try mode game.

Turn music off and wait.

1 Like

Yeah, I managed to hear it in try mode, too.

Guess that’s pretty much “Hogger confirmed” then.
But the question remains: will we see it in three weeks (when the ranked season ends), or in three months (or more)? :stuck_out_tongue:

I mean, the DW earthquake teasers lasted a long time, but the Mei/weather anomally teasers were shorter, so who knows at this point.

3 Likes

The devs said we’ll have an other hero before the end of the year.
Tuesday, we’ll have an other in game teaser. Maybe a third and final one 1 week after. Then, 2 teaser images over the weekend. Then, PTR on monday.

1 Like

Not that long. I think it was only a week or so until his reveal. Granted, his announcement was in the middle of October and his release was at the start of December, so it felt longer, but it shouldn’t be anything like that.