Possessed DVa mech bug?

Just had this happen to me in a game.

Can anyone tell me what the heck is going on with the DVa in this clip???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0F54eYhy5g

1 Like

looks like the mech kept momentum after the Malf root wore off, somehow?

The hots wiki does have somewhat of an explantion for what happened here:

If the Mech is Rooted prior to D.Va ejecting and the root expires before it explodes, it will move toward the location of the last move order issued while D.Va was in the Mech.

Though the movement of the mech still looks a bit odd with that in mind.
Could you try and see if the dva issued a queue of movement command?

To observe a paticular hero in the replay, click that hero and then press W

2 Likes

The mech is gamer fueled.

Bug Report

1 Like

I’ll check tonight.

Mech booster movement commands still follow a queue after ejecting???

Dva had already used the booster ability before getting rooted (booster expired before the root), you can see this at the start of the clip.

It looks like the bug that I mentioned before with self-destruct

If the Mech is Rooted prior to D.Va ejecting and the root expires before it explodes, it will move toward the location of the last move order issued while D.Va was in the Mech.

But from what I can see the mech follows two move orders.

omg
HECKING
blatant
HECKING

(turns to the person next to me I’ve wanted to say that all day)

lmao that’s the first time I’ve seen that bug act like that. Normally it just ends up moving away from the enemies.

2 Likes

That’s hilarious lol.

Screw that fenix in particular

1 Like

Video observing DVa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sK4khKUoLrE

Thanks.
Still not entirely sure what is going on, but you can see the mech targeting the malf as dva gets rooted and stays targeted on malf after she ejects.

It looks to me like the mech is trying to follow the malf once the root ends, but then changes target to the fenix after it has passed the gate.
And it’s this second part that I don’t quite get, it doesn’t look like it is following a set of queued movement commands, but rather a attack move command and it somehow switches targets to the fenix.

Weeee.

1 Like

A couple of days after seeing OP’s clip, I had the same bug in their clip with my mech in ARAM. I also experienced another one, this occurred in two different ARAM matches, but both in the same session.

It was impossible to drag Self Destruct back to E, and sometimes this problem would clear after I had died, but not always. Seems there are some unintended interactions with D.Va in ARAM.

The E would persist and an unmovable active, even when back in Mech mode.

Pilot Mode can now see the Self-Destruct charge as an active - that’s what you are seeing there. It’s not a usable form of Self-Destruct. Both of those images you linked are you in Pilot Mode, so you can see that active.

This was added in as of the most recent patch.

2 Likes

Thank you for the explanation, it’s appreciated. I’m out of the habit of thoroughly reading all the patch notes, so that one is on me.

man I needed a good laugh! Talk about ghost in the shell!