Please no BLACK OPS 4 Heroes

So call of duty black ops 4 is on battle.net for some reason. I am ok with this as long as Activision do not start forcing call of duty heroes into hots.
I truly think they would not fit well at all and would feel like a sell out.

Feel free to try to convince me otherwise, share your thoughts, or rant at me.

Also please no heroes from any Activision game.

8 Likes

Doubt it will ever happen.

They never did anything relating to destiny 2 here. So its safe to assume that anything non blizzard isn’t going to show its face in HoTS.

17 Likes

The most they did was give Ana a skin from Destiny. That’s about it. I think you’re safe OP.

Actually, that Ana skin was a disguise she used in overwatch lore. Basically after a failed assassination attempt on her, Ana went into hiding as a masked hero called “Shrike”. Which just so happens to be the name of this skin.

It just happens to look like something you’d expect to see in destiny.

8 Likes

Then even less to worry about for the OP.

How did you even came to the conclusion that BO4 is gonna get some heroes released to the nexus?

2 Likes

God knows there’s so many notable characters that could have some interesting kits in a Call of Duty game, especially Black Ops 4…

1 Like

:man_facepalming:

Just stop this thinking, it’s Destiny all over again and THAT never happened…

We can only hope that this is true (and remains true forever)

Highly doubt it. “Partnered” doesn’t mean the same company.

I don’t even think they want to add Soldier 76 because generic Call of Duty man role is taken by Raynor.

Okay. This topic has shown up before, and I always kinda sigh when I see it. I understand why someone would get the idea in their head, but there’s still the issue that you don’t just throw a character into a game like Heroes of the Storm and leave it. There’s tuning, there are changes that come from the introduction of new characters, there’s changes to particular aspects of the game, and there is constantly new artistic content being added around these characters.

What’s more, with the growth of digital downloading for games, more and more publishers are looking to create their own platform in order to be able to better monitor, control, and profit from not having to contract with an outside company to rent space on their servers and share profits earned from that platform. So, why should Activision come up with a totally new platform from the ground up when they can just add some server space to what Blizzard already built and just put the digital versions of CoD and Destiny on that?

There’s already the separation between the two on the launcher, I only notice it because they’re putting glowing effects on the icons… which I see, shrug, and then click on HotS or Overwatch without a second glance.

I think you have it backwards. They don’t want CoD heroes to migrate over here.

What Activision has done, is carve a nice little channel towards their shiny game.

Then, they gave Blizz the order - “burn all the bridges. Throw everyone into the river.”

QM matching is in the toilet, HL is a wasteland with eternal queues, TL is full of less-communicative solo players, Unranked is rainbow mode.

They were told to cause a massive exodus of players. Casuals, serious players, streamers, the lot of them. Where? Down the nice thick channel towards the new CoD game, of course.

They will need a large inital playerbase to get the battle royales rolling, if they want to keep wait times down. They need 80 players per game. Battle Royales are already a heavily saturated market, so they need to pull gamers from other sources, until they have the momentum to draw market share away from Fortnite and Pubg. I wouldn’t put it past them to sabotage their underlings’ games to make this happen.

For us, we can maybe expect an improvement to HotS sometime after CoD battle royale mode releases. It will probably be a ghost town by then.

2 Likes

We totally need a medic with supply drop.

I wanted to quote something and comment on your conspiracy theory, but no one part of it really fits. If Blizz has been pulling a 3 year long con to get people to play one of the most popular games in the industry then it might be one of the dumbest cons of all time.

Lets get the Spetznaz from Black Ops 1 lol. “Grenada!!!”

K, granted