Ping reducers and HOTS

I play on ANZ and wanted to start playing more on US servers. I was wondering if in general anyone has used any lag reducers, whether for overseas or just in general?

If so what were your thoughts and recommendations?

Try WLAN Optimizer and play with its settings. It’s been helping my game to run with minimal pings and packet loss.
They still pop up, and I still die once in a while in the middle of teamfights from stuttering and freezing, but the game is playable overall.

Wlan itself is not recommended at all for Mobas or FPS games and adds significant latency on its own.

To OP, I used to live in Australia and I tried all the tricks and nothing works to reduce ping to US servers. The problem is the huge geographical distance to the US.

Using an ethernet cable will obviously drop the ping by about 20-50 though.

See this page to see how long it takes for a tcp/ip packet to travel from Sydney to the US. It’s pretty much hopeless. Even without any intermediaries like Blizzard in between, we’re looking at 200ms.

+https://wondernetwork.com/pings/Sydney

It wasn’t to bad when I could queue for Western USA (about 120-150) but now central only is 220-250.
I get about 30 to Australian servers where I am anyway so not the best compared to some people I play with.

The most you’ll got out of this will largely be covered by Leatrix Latency Fix (though the actual registry settings are conflicted on most of the Optimizer settings for some reason).

The laws of physics put some pretty harsh limits on how fast data can travel from point A to point B even with fiber optic cables (that travel at 70% of the speed of light).

I just take the ping hit and play on US, but without picking a hero like Genji or Tracer.

Someone recommended the one below but because I’m frugle I don’t want to pay for it until I know it’s not a “scam”.

Though now that I’ve said that I’ve seen one of the recommended ones has a free trail so might do that. Though still worried about it.

Edit: Whoa didn’t know I could post links!

Check this. People have used WTfast for other mobas and it turns out it probably wont do much. Some said their ping even went up.

Only try stuff that doesn’t cost anything, like free trials. Never give those companies money upfront who promise to reduce your ping. Chances are they can’t beat laws of physics.

And yeah I had no idea I had trust lvl 3 until I randomly posted a link before (outside twitter and reddit) and it went through :smiley:

2 Likes

Yeah. Looking at the submarine cable maps I don’t think there would be to much change between countries (maybe within Australia and USA there would be). But if I was playing on an EU account it might make a difference.

Ill probably give it a try when I’m done with my studies :stuck_out_tongue: I shouldn’t even be playing. But yeah definitely don’t want to pay for something like this without 100% knowing it could work

2 Likes

Another ping reducer is Haste. I’ve used it very frequently back when it was in public beta before it would reduce the ping for all your eligible games.

If you don’t mind, let us know how it goes. If it works then maybe I can play on the EU server.