Perma Free Heroes

i hear the agruments ppl are making, but tbh this is what i am read in reality from my experience …

“i had to grind out all these heroes, so you should have to do it too.”

take that how you will. i have nearly everything unlocked on my main account (US) and almost nothing on my alt (EU) which i play almost never. so a change like this really doesnt affect me all that much. i just feel like it will help newer players.

2 Likes

I feel the same. Basically a kind of jealousy :confused:
But when we started the grind, we had an easier job tbh. We’re playing for much longer and in our time there were a lot less Heroes.

Same. I want this game to grow.

I think new players should just be given 3 heroes out of 9 among 3 different classes. Instead of being given one out of 3.

well see, in the new system there isnt 4 classes though.
there is Tank, Bruiser, Healer, Support, Ranged Assassin, Melee Assassin. so if you went with that idea that would be be 5 heroes. 1 for each role.

Hero Role Rework

my suggestion was simply take all the 2000 gold heroes and make them free.

if we took 1 from every role and made them free… it would look more like this:

• Muradin
  • Thrall
  • Li Li
  • Tassadar
  • Gazlowe
  • Raynor

My issue with making 2k heroes free is that it would make the selection arbitrary.

And it wouldn’t solve the issue of having all new players using the same chars. Which would screw up unranked.

Free rotation is still there. Guides and the basic “let’s copy the meta” mentallity will be still there. Personal preferences will be still there. 2k gold is nothing. This “problem” which you’re talking about could be already real yet no one ever talked about it.
Just because everyone has the same 3 Heroes from the beginning doesn’t mean they’ll all try to play those and nothing else.

Another thing is to increase the free rotation pool.

(Sidenote: true newcomers shouldn’t hopp into UD that early imo anyway.)

Some of us have already done this. I own every single hero, and with exception of giveaways I brought them all with gold. I am also sitting on top of 120k gold and purchased loads of gold mounts. Giving everyone some heroes for free will make some people angry, especially those who brought the hero via gems or real money.

You do not need to grind to play. After 1 year you will have at least 12 heroes which is all you need to play competitively. You might even have the skill after that time frame to do reasonably competitively.

Most of my heroes are not even level 15 and some I feel are a chore to play.

1 Like

2.0 gave 1-20 Heroes for free to anyone who played during the megabundle times.
It was a good thing imo even tho I got nothing (only the 100 free gems. I had all the Heroes, couldn’t buy any of the bundles for even a single Hero).
We only talk about 3 already cheap Heroes.
And your point against it is:

• jealousy

Wut.

1 Like

Buy it then. For new account, a week of casual play should easily earn them much more than that. They shouldn’t be saving it for Abathur, Murky or TLV anyway.

I could swear they already give you perma free heroes.

You complete the tutorial and they give you a choice between thrall, jaina, and… was it Malf, I can’t remember. But you had a choice of three. Unless they stopped doing that now.

Because everyone wants to start with Aba/Murky/TLV. Ofc…

I get it that you fear this. But it can already happen. No one and nothing stops new accounts from getting a 10k Hero as their first purchase. You don’t prevent this by not letting them have cheap Heroes baseline.
They probably buy first their fav anyway. Letting them have cheap Heroes so they can focus on their fav would probably decrease the “fresh accs with hard to play Heroes” problem btw. Because they could play their own Heroes. And it’s not like they can’t find hard to play Heroes among the free rotation…

10k is the usual income/month. Getting 3 cheap Heroes is like making their job one month shorter. And you don’t want this because you had to grind… 1 10k/month is literally years to farm every Hero.

Blizz already made more generous deals for new comers like when ppl got 1-20 Heroes (based on how much they didn’t had from the bundles) just because they logged in during the 2.0 launch. Was it a bad things? Were you jealous back then as well? “Back in my days the sky was darker and the tea was colder! So prepare to suffer as well, kiddo!”

2 Likes

Troll will troll. There’s no stopping that. I’m talking about those that’s gonna stick with the game on long term. They won’t start on the top. Let them work from the ground up.

It’s not a month worth of playing. Just a single week. If they are not willing to spend one week to unlock the basic heroes, they aren’t staying with this game for long. We don’t need those people.

Starting with 3(+1 by tutorial) cheap Heroes is still from the ground. It’s not a big thing just a nice gift. A start.

6k+ gold a single week? Noice. If someone can’t accomplish this they shouldn’t even play? Noice. /s

I started with Arthas (7k, was my fav from the original roster), then BW (10k) and Zera (10k). I’m playing since closed beta. If I would get (not the cheap ones but) these I still wouldn’t stop playing. Because ppl don’t play to unlock Heroes. They unlock Heroes so they can play. And the grind will be in their way. Even more so like it was in your way. Because the roster only grows. And we shouldn’t discourage ppl from trying out this game (and maybe purchase a few things) just because they don’t want to grind for years. HotS needs players even if it has enough already.

We don’t need trolls. We don’t need ppl who can’t adapt. Or can’t play as a team. But we need everyone else.

If you fear they’ll ruin ranked, make new rules which saves TL/HL from ppl with lvl 10 account but having Aba. If you fear QM or UD… why exactly?

So the “cons” were:

• I had to grind:
    Not a point, don’t be jealous, also see: the 2.0 Megabundle period.
  • Ppl shouldn’t start with Aba and Heroes like him:
    They already can but if they would have -btw easy to play- Heroes baseline they might won’t. (Sidenote: Murky is only 7k gold, Gazlowe is 4k.)
  • Not so hard to get Heroes:
    ( ( ( 36 * 10000 ) + ( 23 * 7000 ) + ( 16 * 4000 ) + ( 8 * 2000 ) ) / 10000 ) / 12 = 5 years to unlock every current Heroes with an income of 10k gold/month (calculating with 1 free Hero from tutorial without spending gold on mounts, announcers and rerolls) and the roster (and gold-only stuff) is only growing (sure someone started in 2014-15 doesn’t feel the problem).
  • If they don’t grind they won’t stay:
    Extra 3 Heroes or not, ppl still have to grind. Some ppl don’t love grinding but would play HotS, why scare them away?

Feel free to add any more “cons” against this small QoL change.

1 Like

No, we don’t need those people that don’t want to do anything and still expect life to give them everything.

*You don’t need. Don’t speak in the name of more ppl or in the name of Blizz.

Sorry that there are ppl who don’t have as much time for games to grind in as you but would love to have a few matches/week with their favourite Heroes.

I play less than an hour a day. And I have almost the full roster. All, if I decide to spend my gold.

Which means only a few, not the entire roster. If they put a little effort into it, they could have done that easily.

How long do you playing? When did you start? How many Heroes did you get with the megabundle? Because I think that’s the point you’re missing since it was proven by math that ppl need 3-5 years of constant playing (casually ofc, but still basically every day) and only spending gold on Heroes (missing on rerolls and gold only cosmetics) to earn the current roster.

I’ve been playing since 2016. And I didn’t get a single hero from that bundle. I was saving the gem for the potential of a big promotion in the future.

Earning gold is one thing. What more important is how do you spend those gold. Economics 101. They can spend their hard earnt gold on what really matter (the heroes) or trival, unimportant (mounts, announcer) to down right foolish (rerolls). People should get their priority straight.

Or they should just enjoy the game. Mr.Economics 101, kekku :smiley:
If they like a mount, get it because that thing is limited time only while the Heroes are always there.

So you got every Hero under 2-3 years. Someone who comes in now can do the same around 2021 at best. Sounds fun!..

1 Like

Yes, we do need those people. Games need new blood. I can’t see why anyone would care what someone else is getting.

1 Like