Out of Memory Error and Ranked play

Hello,

This is my 3rd account and I’ve been around since alpha. The game, for me anyways, has always had a bug where sometimes the game force closes with an out of memory error. I have 16gb of RAM and its always under 50% on average when the game is running. I don’t do anything different. This occasional bug will hit me during a draft screen and cost me 600 ranked points.

Can we figure out a way to detect this situation and not ruin people’s ranked points due to an inevitable circumstance?

Thanks.

try increasing your virtual memory.

you will want to change this to…
Initial Size: [6000]
Maximum Size: [ — ]

for Maximum Size add 60% more than your ram. i.e 16GB * 60% = 9.6GB. so the total would be 25.6GB (25,600)

note: remember that virtual memory takes up disk space. make sure that you are not running low on disk space.

That is not a good solution and probably won’t work. There is plenty of unused RAM to go around to satisfy the content of this game. The problem is there is a memory allocation bug; and its not fair for people to be losing 600 rank points over this if we we can’t solve the bug itself…at least detect it and don’t punish people when this situation occurs.

you could… try it? Worst case, it doesn’t change anything?

That may be true.

That is not applicable to most computers. That is the nature of PC development.
Supplying things like DxDiag and a topic in the Technical Support would probably help much more.

It’s not a bug, it’s a technical issue. You’ve not even supplied anything technical to try to fix or figure out the issue… yet.

Probably not possible, sadly. I wish it was possible to detect WHY you disconnected from draft. And while some things might be detectable, if you do this, people will find a way to fake it. And you’ll be playing wack-a-mole over it.

Causing a worse experienec for 9 people over and over again.

Anyhow, I advise posting in Technical Support and supplying DXDiag and ugh. I forget what the other report is =[

Anyhow, here is a link to someone from Blizz at technical support linking to “how to DXDiag” and how to format.

1 Like