OMG, Valeera happened!

For those who don’t know. There regularly are meta madness tournaments orgnized by Khaldor, where some heroes are pre-banned by community votes, so cannot be used at all, and then all heroes can only be used once per match.

We’ve seen picks like probius, Illidan, Mal’Ganis etc. That aren’t usually seen at that level. The only hero that wasn’t picked at all, was Valeera. (Someone correct me, but I’m pretty sure Orphea was picked once)

UNTIL: The Banshee cup. Banshee cup is not like Meta Madness in that there are no pre-bans. But you still only use each hero once. BUT, Khaldor introduced bounties.

What are bounties? Basically, the winning team gets a cash prize by meeting certain conditions, like an all Overwatch Team or playing Twin blades Varian, but if you complete a bounty, you earn money wether you win the tournament or not. The bounties are:

Imgur

I dont think it’s a coincidence that Valeera ended up on the poster. In one recent game, we actually got this:

If you like HotS and you haven’t watched this. I need to have a talk with your parents.

6 Likes

only reason I haven’t is because I don’t understand why people like watching other people play games

1 Like

Same reason people watch sports or music videos. For entertainment.

And you often learn new strategies.

It can be enjoyable watching playthroughs of games from a time when they were made well.

So you are the one who keep giving me Valeera in half my games ?

1 Like

Long winters make you appreciate summer :slight_smile:

1 Like

I follow him but like Undondory said I genuinely have no interest in watching others play. That and I do not have the time nor desire to sit and watch 60+ minutes of others play when there are other things I can be doing. Such as playing HotS.

While it is nice seeing Valeera getting used, it is also quite sad that it requires that much to get her to be considered worth the effort of picking.

2 Likes

Thats correct. I was even cheering for her when she was played because 1) she is rarel played and 2) I really like her (OK, she is baaaaaaddddddddddddddd but I don’t play competitive!).

2 Likes

Good luck finding my dad lmao

I’ll hire a private investigator, and bill you :slight_smile:

Killer would be better.

I binge earwax removal videos but then again I hardly understand why I do half the stuff I do.

I guess that’s better than watching the paint drying channel?

Hey I just realized. I don’t think Zagara was ever used either.

Sounds like they have some cool match ideas going on in community tournaments :smiley:

3 Likes

They do. It’s honestly more entertaining watching matches when it’s not the same heroes being played over and over.

I watch the games on my tablet while I’m in bed.

Zagara was played a lot in the group stage and also in the playoffs.

1 Like

They do have great ideas, hence the game Blizzard gave us. But the issue is MM, and they won’t heal that wound with American show. Solo ranked back and reset all players rank, if you want a phoenix effect.

Valeera is simultaneously one of the worst and also most oppressive characters. She is too oppressive in QM because of her 2.5 silence (way, way, way, way too long) and simultaneously useless in comp play. Sadly, a rework for her to balance her away from the opening oppressiveness and to be more balanced and actually usable will never happen.

If there was one character I would remove though, it is certainly her, so I’m glad she loses consistently at high level play

1 Like