Of all the heroes in the game, who is the strongest? (lore)

Deathwing
Damn it Blizzard, give us his hero teaser already!

Goku and Spongebob :sunglasses:

Full strength Ragnaros would swat anyone else on the roster.

1 Like

What are you talking about? Super Sand Legend Kerrigan up powered genocide-amnesia mode victory. Obviously best writing ever.

based on lore it’s gotta be Kerrigan right?

Jimmy - You throw away any effort we made to return your humanity, you kill all those Terran in Char and now you bring the entire zerg army to Korhal just to kill Megsk! i don’t wanna see you any more you monster.
Ten minutes later…
Jimmy - Hey sweety do you need help with your genocide?

imma talk about the strongest hero AS THEY APPEAR IN GAME
( no goddess kerrigan, no nephalem)
and we won’t include skins coz the developers could have included other skins ( maybe a futurestic skin for diablo instead of prime evil)
HOWEVER i am gonna talk about the heroes who have abillities to call on their full power cause its not fair for them ( aka ragnaros and alexstaza). LETS SEE EACH UNIVERSE

warcraft: lich king, ragnaros, medivh, are the TOP guys ( there are many but this is a super thin summarize of the strongest. some come an inch lower but it dosent matter theyre weaker) chromie can use her powers and be the strongest in the multiverse of blizzard but that violates the purpose of her powers, so she isnt included,

starcraft: tassadar, kerrigan ( even without her godly op stuff she had a reputation)

overwatch: NAH :stuck_out_tongue:

diablo: , diablo ( nephalem too op and prime evil is a skin.its like considering murkablo a hero :stuck_out_tongue: )

OKAY! with their status in game i think, after numerous reading, that medivh is the no.1 . basically, the guardians are meant to be a combination of the strongest mages ever, with aitesh, greatstaff of the guardian, a staff passed down from guardian to guardian, gaining their powers. clearly a guardian, from the name, means that he is MEANT to be the protector of azeroth ( aka the strongest mortal alive. even tho in the last cinematic of warcraft 3 he talks about humans, orcs , and even the night elves who are meant to live for almost forever, MORTALS. THE STUPID GUY CALLED EM MORTALS. HE IS IMMORTAL.
medivh’s mother was weaker and yet defeated a shade of sargeras ( ik he wanted her to defeat him still however its something) and extended her life using magic beyond normal means( till 900 yrs almost) and out of thin air created kharazhan ( a tower that joined all ley lines of azeroth to it. it twisted reality and was too weird, saying this while the ley lines are destroyed, so imagine how it was back then) agywen also ressurrected, which no mere mage was capable of doing. AND MEDIVH IS STRONGER BY A MARGAIN. remember the shade of sargeras incident, well sargeras posessed her secretly and transferred to her son. medivh during his life battled WITH A TITAN and neither was victor. after some major feats, such as opening a building sized portal by uttering mere words when guldan used thousands as sacrifice to use despite fel magic being stronger than arcane,or when medivh defeated one of the major magic defenders, a blue dragonflight, by incinerating him from the inside out, STILL WHILE IN CONFLICT WITH SARGERAS. he was killed in a weaker state and agywen ressurrected him ( just lol XD) and he SAW THE FUTURE ( again lol) and basically made the game wc3 cause he lead the heroes against the legion, all while medivh was moving the pieces. he even forsaw the creation of the lich king. ( fun fact remember all these admirators for frostmourne, the lich kings weapon? well medivh’s staff is stronger :P) after all this insanity, he wanted to disappear and not to be ever heard from or seen again. we never saw him in world of warcraft. some ppl say he was so powerful he departed out of the material plane after these events XD. HE WENT OUT OF EXISTANCE. lolXD just lol. he is the strongest. CHANGE MY MIND.

well Ragnaros from Wow lore is as old as the world itsself, he’s as big as a mountain and summons volcanoes and magma,
he’s a force to be reckoned with!

he’s easily the biggest playable character lorewise,
and being millions/billions of years old, and the lord of fire just puts him on such a high level!

1 Like

She gets the nod from me. Since Crusaders are consistently the most powerful (solo) class in D3, and being that the Nephalem, as angel/demon hybrids, are beyond god status in total power. They are still Nephalem in the Nexus.

1. Johanna
  2. Remaining Nephalem
  3. Medivh
  4. Lich King/Illidan
  5. Ragnaros/Kel’Thuzad/Cho’Gall/Jaina (post BfA MarySue’ment)
  6. Malfurion/Tyrande/Thrall/Garrosh/Varian/Kael’thas/Jaina (Pre BfA Mary Sue’ment)

After that it would be pretty hard to objectively pick without character bias coming into play. I’m positive that Medivh with his full guardian powers and either with or without the powers granted by the Avatar or Sargeras would absolutely curbstomp the Lich King in a fight.

I’d probably put Prime Evil Diablo tied with Medivh, and the lesser Primes scattered between tiers 4 and 5. Even if Kerrigan was Xel’naga in the Nexus, Nephalem are effectively comic book Superman when it comes to god slaying. They will always be as powerful as they need to be to defeat their most powerful adversary. The Nephalem would be able to defeat Xel’naga Kerrigan. In her most powerful form, she would slot above Medivh, but below the Nephalem. Her Nexus character though, thats going to be in tier 4 or 5. In a solo fight, I don’t think anyone could convince me she would be able to defeat Prime Evil Diablo in her weakest Nexus state.

I would place the Angiris Council at tier 4 and 5, same as the Prime and Lesser Evils.

Actually if yo uaccount for some feats she has in Lore of ripping apart terran battlecruisers psionically as well as the fact her psionics are more powerful then Nova’s (Who has her own feat of the psionic scream which annihilated a building said to withstand all but a nuclear strike) and her destuctive capaity firmly exceeds arthas’s

However in a 1v1 Arthas would win because he has access to spirit based attacks which are one of the several ‘If you can’t resist it specifically it can beat people way stronger then the wielder” Category.

As for the strongest This is a toss up

The contenders as far as I can tell are as follows
Diablo presents any of the Nephilim as well as Prime Evil Diablo
Starcraft gives us Kerrigan (Someone who knows more about StarCraft tell me, is the in game variant supposed to be her primal variant?)
and Warcraft presents Ragnoros, Medivah and Arthas

Now keep in mind a fight like this isn’t just about raw power, Arthas for instance despite being less raw power then Kerrigan would win because of spirit attack, and none of the Nephilim to my knowledge have shown a great deal of biological resistance so they could potentially fall victim to Zerg Infestation . Things like this.
Put simply this kind of fighti s very messy to analyze
But at the end of the day I’m going to have to give it to either Prime Evil Diablo or Ragnoros,

im actually happy that medivh is technically the strongest non-god charchter cause he was sooooo underrated. BRUH to a point they thought malfurion was stronger( he is insane op but not medivh op)

for illidan on 4 i have to put him with 5 cause it was confirmed that he was weaker than his bro. malfurion did awfully op stuff back in vanilla. we can replace illidan with malf and get illidan on 5

and about ragnaros. i find it weird him being scaled above the lich king. on a prehestoric thread on THE OLD wow website i mentioned alot ALOT of reasons why ragnaros is more powerful than the lich king.

ALL WHAT I SAID!!

ppl if u asking me what will ragnaros do to the lk if the lk can only be harmed with HOLY.

Lich King is literally impervious to harm, unless it’s the direct intervention of Light. So what is Ragnaros going to do when his powers are literally useless against the LK, where as Lich King would chill Ragnaros to the core and literally put the fire out.

what will ARTHAS do to ragnaros?

the lich king is an anti-life character since most of his spells work like the old gods: manipulation of mind and soul. and a FIRE elemental WITHOUT soul OR an actual brain will be quite immune. we destroyed this aspect of LK. NEXT!

the lich king has frost which WILL be very useful,in fact TOO useful.

but to what extent must he bring up his powers to so that he matches someone whos hammers EDGE is larger than something like…DIABLO (not saying diablo is weaker just comparing even tho he maybe is). and i have to highlight something here. ragnaros IS AN ELEMENTAL LORD, which means he generates AN INFINITE AMOUNT of fire. even for a crazy ice user even like the lich king his ice is not infinite.

LK can summon reinforcements from the ground.

WELLLLLL yea but can’t ragnaros do that too? in fact eventually LK will run out of corpses and he also cant infuse them with the magic that makes his armies what they are coz…like…hes in the middle of combat soooo… theyre just SPOOKY SCARY SKELETONS and thats all. ragnaros can make reinforcments without actual effort either. he made volcanoes by simply appearing there. why cant he make reinforcments?
NEXT!

frostmourne…BZAHAHAHAHA rly? just.rly?

what will it do? stab his TOES?

like. rly ppl? we know that LK is very strong no doubt, but some things counter others. also. ragnaros’ raid was pretty biased since they cannot make the raid worthless with ragnaros winning. IRL ragnaros will deal with them like the dark iron dwarves ( anhilliated on sight). i mean. the dwarves SURELY had some of them player-skilled and empowered. soo this sums it up :smiley:

with the new race dark iron dwarf in game i remembered the emperor thurissan incident where raggy WIPED , not destroyed, WIPED the army off existence. with this new race i can totally imagine player like dwarves who were ROFLSTOMPED by him. sooooo…yea i dare u to say LK is stronger after all dis.

death magic. RAG DOSENT HAVE A SOUL

mind manipulation. HE DOSENT HAVE AN ACTUAL BRAIN EITHER

cold magic. cmon. HOW MUCH OF IT WILL HE NEED TO FREEZE A LAVA BEING LARGER THAN A BUILDING?

MAKING UNDEAD. ragnaros can summon reinforcements too!

and yea thats all there is to it.

LK is only actually effective against targets with a soul to corrupt/destroy/steal/etc…

WHICH is why he was gonna kill everyone in his raid. so plz never use this unimportant detail against raggy.

plus. size DOES matter if you cant do anything to your opponent and if he has MAJOR advantage.

sooo IN HIS OWN RIGHTS LK is op

but things can occasionally counter others

AAAANNNNDDDDD…DONE!
that was long, but it said all the possible circumatances and debunked em.

I have a question . Except the nephalems is there another heroes that can kill malthael ?

1 Like

If Tassadar survived and learned more about combination Nerazim and Khala energy, he would be in same lvl as Kerrigan maybe, idk.

He killed Overmind even by cost of his life, so I wonder…

1 Like

Thast a good question, maybe he could also ascend to become a Xel’Naga.

1 Like

Arthas by writ of Imma Eat your soul now KThxBye.

Kerrigan or Mathael.
It primarily hinges on each universe’s power scale, a super dangerous threat in Azeroth can wipe out a continent or even the entire planet. In Starcraft, that’s something a basic battlecruiser can do.
Example: Deathwing is a massive threat that needed everyone banding together to defeat. He’s also shown being injured, repeatedly, through basic physical attacks from other dragons. Attacks which are never shown to be any more destructive than what one would expect from a giant lizard. Thus something like a nuke would utterly wreck his face. Any antiarmor weaponry would.
While Azeroth has magic up the wazoo, it’s never really been shown as all that comparatively strong. The dreaded Manabomb was just a low yield nuke, for instance.

That stated: Kerrigan. In canon, she is ludicrously powerful. Not shown in game, as it would make for a bad game, but they’ve had her do things like easily crush a battlecruiser(which is a half kilometer long) with her mind or create a continent spanning psionic storm, which is an absolutely absurd amount of energy. Nothing in Azeroth comes anywhere close to that.
A fight with Arthas would begin and end with him exploding in a fountain of gore. He wouldn’t even have enough time to pose dramatically, the gap in power is just too great. For sake of fairness(And simplicity) we must assume both fighters would go full out immediately. Her powers work literally as fast as thought.

Which brings us to Mathael. He is far less powerful than Kerrigan, but he’s also quite literally indestructible and untouchable. Which is a problematic trait to deal with, as that means that he wins by default as he can’t lose. But then it raises the question of if he could even hurt Kerrigan, as she doesn’t have the demonic blood his soul sucking schtick targets and without that he seems to just be a pretty basic physical fighter.

So Kerrigan on pure power, Mathael by default.

2 Likes

I agree with a lot of what’s being said here regarding kerrigan, the nephs, and the scale of the universes.

I am confused as to why Alexstraza keeps, getting no mention, particularly where malf and illidan are mentioned. She’s a dragon aspect, they are horrendously powerful. The illidan we see in game has not mastered his permanent half demon transformation, standard demon hunter illidan is strong, but stronger than Alex? I think not. Same for malf. Malf is a seriously strong archdruid but Alex is the bigger (and stronger) sister of the aspect the druids treat with absolute revwrance, Ysera. The fact that Alex is a pacifist doesn’t mitigate her powers. She’s definitely more powerful than most of the Wow roster, I’d say only Medivh pips her to the post. But why?

Wrathgate. The fire of the reds destroys the undead plague and removes the corruption, preventing the ress. Their fire literally ohkos undead. Now think about it coming from the queen of the reds. Alex wouldn’t really break much of a sweat against Arthas imo. Obviously in game we can’t have her just solo him because Where’s the expo boss then? But I imagine she could have defeated Arthas one on one, even if the fight was quite close.

What else? Well her aura of peace literally prevents people attacking her (or each other) in her presence so long as they are affected by mental abilities. Can’t say whether it’d work on protoss, kerrigan etc, but anyone not named Arthas is almost certainly guaranteed to be unable to attack her due to this alone.

She can resurrect the dead and create life from next to nothing. Breath fire that kills enemies and heals friends, she’s colossally large and comes with all of the benefits being a huge dragon brings.

My warcraft list looks more like this for the top contenders:

Medivh
Alexstraza
Arthas
Ragnaros
Malfurion
Demon form illidan
Chromie
Thrall
Normal illidan
Mal’ganis

to be fair if we had more evidence of her power, u might be on the correct. i wanna argue bout ur list however. as stated 2 or 3 comments above u is why ragnaros is stronger than the lich king. now the thing is, that ik ragnaros can defeat ysera. im not s sure about alexstaza however. but contrary to what u said, i remember all of the wild gods and ysera going full leeroy at ragnaros, and the champions, and everyone XD. and ragnaros ONLY THEN was he pushed back. a fight between the two MAY be a bit of a long fight. but ragnaros is bigger, and alex has absolutely no protection against his flames, let alone sulfuras, which is WAY to big for even a dragon. despite u claiming if she usees her power she would roflstomp, but she is a passivist, well even if she uses her powers against ragnaros, what would happen? little or nothing. in the end, she only has control over LIFE magic( and a bit of wild magic) so little she can do to damage ragnaros, who has more than enough time to swing his instakill hammer, and… u know the rest. id replace ragnaros with alexstaza, then get alex replace the lich king, that way it is:

medivh
ragnaros
alexstaza
arthas

half the heroes dont have souls. the nephalem defeated a more accurate representation of death, boy. even some mortal like beings like medivh can kill u. ur outdated anyways go back to icc so that i can 1 shot u. srsly ur
almost as old as the creation of fire 100k yrs ago XD