No wonder this game is dead

Two matches today after few days of not playing and two forced to lose by this pathetic matchmaker.
First match lost with lvl 7 lili :confused: second with chogall that 11 times dies.Worst pathetic matchmaker in entire games history.
PS third match started and diablo afk since 1 minute of the match, left too and again uninstalled this trash game:/

17 Likes

I find your lack of sportsmanship disturbing

11 Likes

So is this matchmaker pathetic or no

1 Like

If you want to have the most unfun and unbalanced experience in the world of mutliplayer games go and play a few rounds of HOTS. Especially the new format StormLeague. It’s wonderful designed and planned. The ultimate experience for all masochists.

9 Likes

The new MM that has a “catch up” balance to even out the total MMR between teams and the fact that you can mix high rank and low rank into SL kinda creates more uneven matches.
of all the matches i’ve played so far 85% of them has been either hard win or hard loss where losing side doesn’t have the slightest chance of winning.

10 Likes

Same for me and my friends.

3 Likes

https://hardforum.com/data/attachment-files/2019/03/200469_image.jpg

are you talking about OP or the game?

What game mode were you playing?

I made the following experience with a player who said: “gg this game is lost, bad matchmaking” directly after loading into the match. Then this person (played Sonya, a good solo hero) went mid to brawl around instead of going solo and therefore i refused to heal that player so he might learn to move away… Funny when he was at 5% HP, standing next to me and no heals were coming so he decided to go in again with 5% HP just to die --> “WTF heal me”
I explained him and from then on he went on solo soaking…
Then this player was criticizing other players constantly through the whole match (not constructive criticism, just pointing out who is bad) while it was very clear that this player isn’t playing better than the ones he’s criticizing.

If this is like the typical person who complains about Matchmaking then it really speaks for itself…
Bad players complain about matchmaking and the reason they are bad is because they always look at everything else going on (bad teammates/matchmaking) except their own play…

Not every compliant is invalid but at least you have to try to differentiate yourself from those bad players. If you complain about something it would be rather shameful if your own incompetence is the reason for it :smiley:
Bring those matchmaking complaints in bois! Lets see what you got!

3 Likes

You do realize that the matchmaker has absolutely no way to tell if someone is going to disconnect or play a hero poorly?

All it can do is look at long term trends. Unless that player is disconnecting every game, it has no way of predicting the 1-off. And when it comes to drafting, it cannot predict if that person will pick a comfort hero or one that they have no idea how to play.

There is such a wide range of factors that can happen once the game launches, you really cannot blame Blizzard for most of them. There are issues with matchmaking and skill assessment, but they are far smaller than frustrated people throwing tantrums on the forum keep pretending.

The designers didn’t give a sht. They did a poor half assed job and the higher ups at blizzard called the game a failure and moved on. It’s pretty sad, hots did a lot of things right when it was first made. Dabiri and his team just didn’t care and turned a good game into a shty one. The current team is even worse.

2 Likes

MMR averaging is not new, it has been in the game since 2014. The matchmaker will happily take four 1000 rated players and put them together with a 3000 MMR to create a 1400 rated match (where the average of both teams is ~1400).

Take a look at your (or anyone’s) hotslogs profile and you will find plenty of matches like this in your match history. The 3k rated player is expected to “carry” his team.

This game by it’s own design creates toxicity. The bronzes or unrankeds have no idea why the diamond or master is playing the way they do or making the decisions he makes. The diamond or master gets frustrated by teammates who die 12 times and never attend the objective or soak lanes. Anyone with two brain cells to rub together will understand how much verbal frustration this will lead in from both sides.

2 Likes

A player with 3000 MMR should have a lot of fun vs a team with the same average of 1400 MMR (basically free kills on every corner).
You know, for some players every little thing creates toxicity and it has more to do with the players psyche rather than the game. Are you a sad little 3000 MMR player who lost a game with an average of 1400 MMR? Would you even go so far and say it was a forced loss for the 3000 MMR player and would this makes you act toxic?
It’s needed to average out team MMR like this because players are allowed to queue up together no matter what MMR they have. There was a solo-queue only mode (HL) for players who want tighter matchmaking and it will come back for SL after the preseason.

Anyone who has more than two brain cells to rub together will understand that there is no point in getting frustrated about this and that there is no reason to become toxic. He might also be smart enough to figure out which game mode he should preferably play. Maybe he is even so smart that he can find himself some real teammates…

I haven’t played in solo queue (or outside 5 parties) for more than a year. I was only telling the poster above that MMR averaging is not a new invention; It has been in the game since the beginning.

Also, even a GM might not be able to carry four people rated 1000-1500 on occassion, especially if they make very crucial mistakes repeatedly.
A team that has five people all rated 2200 are in a much better position to win the game against a team of four people rated 1200 and one 4000, even if their average MMR is the same.

That being said, I see no other way to avoid MMR averaging besides only playing in full premades.

2 Likes

Played one QM match yesterday was a nice to the wire match with heal and tank.

Yeah but he is also not supposed to carry four people rated 1000-1500 because that would mean his team is supposed to win. Obviously no team should be “supposed” to win and it comes down to how well everybody played and how well they played together. Both teams should have a chance and by averaging out team MMR, both teams should definitely have a chance.

XD
obligatory characters

just think, everytime you lose someone else wins :slight_smile:

you cant win every time because that would mean someone else loses all the time :frowning:

See you next week.

1 Like