Next Meta Madness has started

Are there any Melee Assassing pick? I’m looking for games where the team that picks Kerri, Alarak, or Qhira wins :slight_smile:

Maiev got some playtime. Kerrigan and Alarak was played once (I’m not sure about the outcome), Qhira wasn’t played so far

3 Likes

I’m surprised Maiev isn’t banned considering that she’s relatively pretty meta lol.

All in all I feel like meta madness is the only chance I’m gonna be able to see melee assassin’s in play

this is just the round phase of a round robin tournament. I’m pretty sure she get banned for the rest of the tournament, once the playoffs start.

La crusade and circus clowns have gotten some successful melee assassin picks. There’s two games with Clowns getting maiev and she wins – plenty of games she gets banned – there’s a kerrigan pick on Shrines in la Crusade vs WTN Orange – kerri tends to get banned too – an alarak /w illidan also in that same series. The Clowns get illidan & butcher vs Unleashed (no maintank). And then there’s some melee assassin picks in the Circus Clowns vs La Crusade series.

Alarak has been picked twice, one win and one it went to the wire, and he ended up losing his stacks in an otherwise dominant performance.

Since it’s just the roundrobin, some of the stronger teams have been either getting good melee assassin teams, or effectively subbing them in for tank/bruisers to try to curb some of the gap between the teams shown thus far. When we get to the play-offs, i wouldn’t be surprised if maiev and sylvanas are added to the permabans.

While you didn’t ask about samuro, he tends to get autobanned and has iirc, one showing so far.

2 Likes

third series in Group B (Team WAH vs Spocency)

Team WAH is hugely goofing around already in game one (Abathur, Maiev, Valeera, Nova and Samuro)

5 Likes

one Valeera game in the newest series

a bit unfortunate that it was kind of a troll pick

2 Likes

fourth series in Group B (Team WAH vs Scuffed Team)

4 Likes

fifth series in Group B (Team WAH vs Heroes Lounge FC)

4 Likes

Group B Final series (Heroes Lounge FC vs Sweaty Boys 1) )
1) aka Spocency

4 Likes

Group C first series Washed something vs three legged Cat

4 Likes

second Series Group C (Washed something vs Asgard)

2 Likes

third series Group C (three legged Cat vs Asgard)

4 Likes

fourth Series Group C (Washed Something vs Twitch Team)

2 Likes

fifth series Group C (three legged Cat vs Twitch Team)

4 Likes

last Series Group C (Twitch Team vs Asgard)

4 Likes

Are there any you particularly enjoyed?
I got through Group A, considering to just watch the ones tagged Epic / Fun or somesuch, like this last one is.

I’ve watched every match. Since this tournament is only funded by Khaldor’s Patreon Members, I find it important to give as much support as possible.
Twitch Team is unique. One team bailed out of the tournament literally 5 minutes before it started and five viewers of his Twitch Channel decided to opt in and play the tournament. And they played pretty well for five randoms.

4 Likes

downside of the series is that the expected teams to win do win. Plus side is ~2/3 of them are willing to play off-meta from the getgo, so there’s themed compositions and not just “reluctance to play non-meta” that I’ve seen in previous years.

The players look to be having fun with the event, so it makes it more fun to watch overall than other years I’ve seen. I didn’t watch much hots when HGC was active, but it really does feel like one of the issues the game has had is that a few handful of heroes stagnant the game. The current version of metamadness helps, but I think if the game is going to consider a ‘revival’ people hope via microsoft, future events might need to consider a ui that makes metamadness baseline or creates a “ratio” system that team-picked fighting games used (like Marvel vs Capcom) so upfront bans aren’t as heavy-handed at getting hero variety.

1 Like