New Nexus Anomaly: Call for Help!

if you want the “complexity” of never being able to push or do anything around a turret, go play League of Legends. Let this game revert back to when it was fun.

4 Likes

And it stacks a armor pen which increases the amount of damage anyone attacking you does to you. It’s literally the most unfun thing in the world being a tank/bruiser right now (my most played classes).

Even if the damage buff was reverted and the armor pen was reverted as well, it’d still just be being a meat sponge being a tank and all it comes down to is who has the most HP. Enjoy your assassin queues.

Also I agree, this is some weird craps, where people are construing keeping track of enemies on the map, positioning of someone in your lane in addition to minions, and how far the enemy can dive on you as well as them keeping track of that on you, is seen as ‘no skill’. Yet this change just promotes people zoning out under turrets farming like a crappy TLV.

these changes make the game way less interactive because you can’t push anymore, especially when playing a melee hero, doing anything near a base is impossible now because if you accidentally hit a hero or misha, you’ll be forced to go back home.

5 Likes

Your post provided me with a good laugh, I assume you’ve never played LoL or Dota before (or not enough to understand their individual gameplay concepts) - otherwise you’d not say that LoL is nothing but sitting under a tower all the time.
Also they are not specifically trying to cater towards a LoL/ Dota audience but they are trying to improve gameplay for all people playing HotS as well as potential newcomers joining the game. Most LoL players think that HotS is way too teamfocused and most Dota and LoL players don’t like the fact that there are no items in the game (Dota even copied the Talent system that HotS has a few years ago and added that to their game as well for addiotional depth).

Honestly I know change is scary but if I were you I’d try the anomaly out for a few more weeks before going into such a raging tirade.

1 Like

How about you try not to accidently hit a hero (or misha) then? :rofl: Adapt buddy, adapt!

so what is the alternative to do then? I can’t push with abilities because then the towers will focus me hard, I can’t do a merc camp if my opponent still has more than 40% of his hp when I’m playing Qhira because I’ll get rekt, I can’t go to other lanes to gank because if I get close to a turret, I’ll get rekt.
What is a melee assasin/bruiser supposed to do right now?
“Adapt” in this case simply means, looking at waves and waiting for your opponents to push or push and then aimlessly walk around until you can do something, does that adaptation sound fun to you?

Have you played HotS? There are a lot of heroes with abilities that cleave. For instance Leo would like a word with you. Adapt his auto-attack cleave. Guess you’re supposed to micro manage the third swing? Run off somewhere and make sure that third attack goes into a wall or something not near a enemy.

Meanwhile ranged just bullies the crap out of you. I think people don’t really understand this game isn’t LoL. Sitting in a lane is just part of the game, objectives, merc camps, and roaming/teambattles are a huge part of the game. This promotes people zoning out under a tower and literally doing nothing.

I’ve played six hours of this and it’s literally just playing ‘run to the towers!’ and then they don’t attend the objectives. Absolutely boring.

If you want to play LoL, go play LoL or Dota for that matter. While I wont quit, this definitely sucks a lot of fun out of the game. You know how you adapt to this as a tank or bruiser? You play an assassin. Check.

Yup. Tanks and bruisers are definitely in the minority and I definitely feel as though a lot of people here don’t play them so they don’t care. Genji is still going to dive their sorry behind, deflect, and dash out after taking their butt for a ride.

4 Likes

Same - For me literally unplayable since update. Constantly tries to reconnect. Ill be back in a week to see if it is fixed.

1 Like

New anomaly is a nightmare for gameplay I used to know in hots. I prefered hots over lol or dota beacause you could dive into enemy buildings for quick kill. While I like new core powers you should remove this targeting from tower or if you want to keep it, then give back ammo to towers and forts so pushing laness will be possible again

5 Likes

Why a few weeks when you can figure it out in a couple dozen games? I knew after my 5th game that it was super bad. Now there are people turtling under tower in lane, and smart players intentional taking shots so that an objective does more damage. Its bad. The core is ok. So is being able to see what is targeted. Everything else is bad

3 Likes

For me, its totally the worst patch ever seen in the HOTS.
Tower change doesent affect the Ranged heroes one bit, and if Im melee assasin I still can be killed under my tower while I cant kill under enemy tower.

When enemy LiMing or Chromie is under their tower and defend the Objective, I cant do anything to prevent them from abuse this strategy. (Cursed hollow tribute for example, my team cant get it cause enemy mage can spam the skills under their tower, and my team cant do anything about it)

Its so frustrating to play mele heroes right now i couldnt even imagine it before.

Instead of doing this change, i propose to just add Armor when friendly hero under the tower, this will decrease dyve potential and affect both, melee and ranged heros, and not only mele heroes as it is at the moment.

6 Likes

There’s no way that you could already tell how the changes fully play out yet. People said that Abathur will be useless after the exp globes got added - well guess what he’s still top tier and first ban material in competitive on his go-to maps. A couple of games/ hours will not give you the time/ opportunity to play several different heroes out of all the different roles with and against several different comps on all the maps. Also you don’t know how to utilise the changes yet (like literally everyone right now) and seem to only see them very onesided (in your case negative) which is why you should definitely test them additionally. Again, same thing happened when the exp globes came around, many people immediately were hostile towards them without even trying them.

I think it’s definitely possible that the team will end up changing/ tweaking this anomaly if they see enough constructive negative feedback after people tried the changes, just don’t jump the ship right after you’ve just set sail.

To me the change seems very positive so far and I definitely haven’t seen people turtle under the towers all the time - luckily objectives are still the main focus on almost all maps and the main reason to start fighting with other teams. It just requires you to change your tactics - especially to make sure that you don’t accidently hit someone next to their towers forts or wait until you destroy the forts/ towers before you try to kill them next it. If you’re with an objective like the Punisher on Shrines you can still dive your enemies in the right situation pretty hard though, but you will get punished if you overstay or get caught alone as a squishy.

Very funny, I’ve played over 10 000 matches of HotS and started back in the Alpha in September or August of 2014 shortly after Anub’Arak and Chen got released. I came over from LoL that I played for many years and also tried out Dota 2 in the meantime (I played Dota 1 back in WC3 a long time ago). I don’t want HotS to be LoL or Dota at all, yet there is things that those games do better in my opinion and one of those things is the way that towers and buildings work there. So I highly appreciate the change.

By the way: You don’t have to immediately run at an enemy hero and attack them under their fort if you’re playing a meele character. It’s about waiting for the right moment while you can chop down buildings, minions or mercs or soak other lanes (if you’re the solo that’s what you should probably do anyways unless your team wants to end the game).

2 Likes

So in your opinion, when I’ve pushed out my lane and I can’t gank another lane or do a merc camp, I’m just supposed to wait and watch the game until I can finally get an “opportunity”. You know, I know another game like that, it’s called LEAGUE OF LEGENDS and it is very boring and I don’t see how it’s an improvement at all.
The worst part about all this is that most of it is completely unnecessary, if you want to stop diving you can just apply this buff to forts and keeps and I would be annoyed but not even close to annoyed enough to start commenting on forums or go into threads, for some reason blizzard found the need to also make the fence impregnable and superpunishing though. That has very little to do with diving because I can’t just willy nilly run through that fence and it has a major negative influence on melee characters and pushing potential.
The charm of playing melee characters is that they required more map awareness and escape skill to play because you had to be afraid of ganks, that was an interesting way of assessing risks and “waiting” for the right moment, that charm is completely gone now as pushing is no longer a real possiblity and the risk isn’t worth it in any way if you can’t use abilities to push, can’t harass your opponent while you push and can’t pose a threat without yourself dying in seconds. So don’t act like it is the same as it used to be, it isn’t, this is league of turtle tipped with some boredom

2 Likes

I played Kerrigan today, a melee, diver-ganker who is very limited in getting out.
I was totally fine and the game still felt fast-paced and action-filled.

1 Like

what did you do after you pushed the lane out?

1. Rotated for a gank
  2. Rotated for another lane to clear that as well
  3. Got a camp
  4. Just pushed the lane avoiding hitting Heroes
2 Likes

right and if any of these were options with qhira in higher elo games then I wouldn’t mind the changes, but the ganks are virtually impossible with the small amount of space and people who pay enough attention. The other lanes usually get cleared, teh camp is not an option and “pushing without hitting heroes” means pushing without using abilities which means doing a small amount of siege damage while taking much more damage from the other hero

Looks like I should already start to do my SL games to get an idea about these effects in high elo.

guess you should, or maybe Blizzard could just remove the cannon focus from fence towers and allow sieging while still limiting diving ability

If you’re getting ganks against ranged heroes, you’re in either low elo or SBMM. Any competent player watching the map simply needs to walk back a few steps to their towers and then punishes you hard with their abilities after you start running away. Unlike other MOBAs there is literally zero reason to leave your towers. There is no CS, orbs are ranged so you just need to make a small circle to vacuum them up. It is literally the most brain dead safest playstyle in the world.

While I normally think there is flexibility in game development, I guess Blizzard needs to figure out if they want to simply kill off the melee scene in favor of less skilled players who have zero map awareness. LoL has one tower as has been mentioned before. They don’t have gates, they don’t have walls, they don’t have forts. The game has been designed in a way to allow people to escape even when minions are swarming the gate.

So if you want to keep the god awful targeting heroes, remove towers, remove the gates, remove the walls, keep just the fort. Then remove the armor pen on heroes and the increased damage and we’ll have something similar to LoL which everyone likes comparing these changes to and this game will lose a lot of it’s flavor and will be just as boring for melee units who wander around randomly like a crappy TLV (although better then the current situation).

I don’t understand how the developers could sit in their office (home now?) mulling this over for months and then push it live not knowing what defines HotS and separates it from other MOBAs. That’s why I said this change is purely to pander to LoL and DOTA players that are having trouble adapting to HotS playstyle. The proof is in the pudding and ranged units were not hurting before this change. You know how you can tell? BECAUSE PEOPLE ALWAYS PLAY THEM. If things suck, people stop playing them. Literally the easiest indicator in the world.

Now watch the marked decrease in melee play time.

2 Likes