New Chen looks really OP lol

Glad that all the chen mains out there can enjoy dominating with chen again for a while (until he gets nerfed of course, the meme never dies)

3 Likes

lol, i saw old youtube videos, n then bought the panda,
i played n he kept on dying, while he stayed alive in old youtube videos,

i guess i can play him again :smiley:

i reserve judgement. i mean his trait his basically untouched and my opinion is that was his major flaw right from the start. so we will see.

1 Like

They moved chen level 20 talent the stormstout thing to level 1 AND buffed it at the same time rofl.

The funny thing is, i remember someone posting about chen’s crap level 20 talents and everyone was saying they were fine.

In fact im pretty sure if id made a post a few days ago saying his level 20 talent that heals 1.5% hp when it hits enemies is garbage, thered be lots of people (the usual crowd) saying it’s fine.

Well it’s now a level 1 talent and got buffed to 2% lol

5 Likes

hmm. i get the feeling they wanted to push the average channel time on fortifying brew closer to the middle, so you can’t just take a split-second swig in between every couple of ability uses (increased cooldown, removed instant brew generation), but you also can’t just stand and drink forever (lowered maximum channel time)

i’m not sure how i feel about the first part of that. i quite like the frantic “quick swig” playstyle… but i guess with stagger, the lowered cost on fire breath, and the increased brew & shields per second, it shouldn’t be too noticeable an increase in minimum channel time, right?

1 Like

Yeah, that talent was pretty bad for a level 20. Glad they reworked it.

Idk if he is OP tbh, but he is a lot better now. A LOT better.

The time has come for Chen’s return. He will rise from the fires of low win rates, forged by unviability to his rightful place as the best hero in the game. Dun dun dun.
At least until he gets nerfed into oblivion two weeks later :smile:

:sob: :panda_face:

edit:
i doubt they will nerf him really hard though after reworking him. maybe a few tweaks.

1 Like

Mate chen had HORRID talents.Like worst in the whole game.Of all tiers only 4 and 7 had something good(maybe 1).When his best lvl 16 talent is to jump 15% farther. :expressionless: GREAT POWER SPIKE.

At least it works ok with lvl 4 jump talent so you are forced to pick it at lvl 4.And when you pick it then you pick lvl 13 one as well.

As for 20. Well at least ESF ulti had a decent upgrade.

So, now it’s usable?

It was a third rate talent, whereas Imperius receives a much better talent and WAY more healing and damage at lvl 1 and lvl 4. Chen had to make it all the way to lvl 20 just to receive an okay amount of healing? gtfoh

Its about time he got the buffs that he needed.

TLV next please?

I’m honestly not sure if 2% is even worth it. The comparison you made with Imperius is really telling. Maybe it would be okay if you could increase keg’s AoE like before but I don’t see a talent that can do that anymore. Not to mention the changes to the trait CD. That could make it hard to spam abilities like before…