New Blizzard Games

Not all FPS games are the same.

OW2, building in it’s small map fast matches with some new things… would/will be fine!

But, what is described is a completely different kind of game.

But as someone else brought up already… Starcraft Ghosts. :frowning:
Just make the game finally!!!

Every time Blizzard wants to shell out a new game doesn’t mean they need a new IP or stick to an existing one within their respective genre… that line of thinking would never have brought us WoW. I mean, why make an RPG from an RTS IP when you’ve already got Diablo?

Crossing IPs over genres isn’t a bad thing; if they’d release a Starcraft themed shooter or RPG I’d eat that stuff right up.

EDIT: Actually, the fact they canceled it in favor of Overwatch 2 irks the hell out of me. It’s got Call of Duty Blackops 9000 written all over it.

We aren’t talking about everytime.

They literally had not released a new IP in 20 years before OW.

At some point they need to branch out a little, and OW has been a huge franchise success so why not.

Also, does the hard core star craft crowd really want an FPS?

Just makes more sense to take an existing FPS and branch it into PVE than to take a beloved RTS and branch it into an FPS.

well hey if thats the case lets drop HotS and make a shiny new MOBA.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

cast the next Starcraft game as a take on the Dynasty Warriors/Hyrule Legends sort of games XD Could give it a unique spin and have players control several units as an elite group instead of just select Heroes and have the scenarios play out akin to the LoV intro video.

Then get a fighting game spin-off that plays out what-if scenarios of hero characters forced into amon’s chain of accession – could even give it up multi-player or party-game spin where players form teams to support their lead fighter and create a different take on the 3v3 genre of tag-team fighting games.

I find it very funny that all of these articles keep referencing the Kotaku article, they don’t have the sources from Blizzard itself like Kotaku “did”, they have the sources of another article from a site with a trash reputation of creating very vague and terrible articles constantly.

The source of all these articles coming from one article sounds so off, not buying it sorry.

Forbes (the one OP linking):

VentureBeat:

PC games, why?

I like Rock Paper Shotgun, this is also the first dumb article I saw them make.

More sites that I don’t wanna bother in naming them:

Some Solvenian website, original and a Google translatation:

And many more,

This is so dumb, I don’t trust Kotaku in the slightest beacuse of their articles are absolutely trash and sometimes overreacting like most clickbait articles do to make free cash, this is so fake news and those other sites are jumping the train just to create that this is actually real when all their sourcing LITERALLY COMES FROM THE SAME EXACT ARTICLE

4 Likes

but Sami, why source stuff when clearly other people can be told to just google it themselves and act like they had whatever they wanted all along!

3 Likes

welcome to games journalism where the sources are made up and the references don’t matter

2 Likes

lol

isn’t that just about any journalism now?

“This just in - Unnamed sources say that the president bashes little puppy heads against trees in his spare time at the Whitehouse.”

1 Like

Only about 10% of it, but a certain someone screeching “fake news” at every negative story about him has unfortunately warped public opinion pretty badly - if you repeat a lie often enough, inattentive people will start thinking it’s the truth.

2 Likes

Its also the last game the released and they are already making a sequel? Blizzard used to be known for supporting their games instead of jumping to sequels…

1 Like

I thought this would end in, “Half-life 4 confirmed”.

not getting political, but its way more than 10%. CNN is nearly 100% fake.

Heck, even CNN is beginning to throw some people under the bus to cover their tracks.

1 Like

Ah yes, my favorite part of the ride has started.

Do you have a source on that?

Yeah.

Want me to source how almost every news anchor has strong ties to the democratic party, and even the head hancho is going to run in the DNC for congress or something?

They are a literal DNC mouth piece, much more than Fox News has ever been for the RNC.

Or we can go into how misleading they have been on the Russia story since day one, and after the Muller report they were so dumb founded as to what to say that they basically admitted being wrong (aka false) for the entire next day until the DNC disseminated talking points to them about spinning to health care.

Which they did the day after. Like the little propaganda puppies they are.

1 Like

I don’t see any links.

I mean you can do your own home work and be informed if you want to,

their ties to the DNC is public knowledge and easily researched.

I mean you do know they were giving out free test questions before the debates right? There is a reason they were…

1 Like

Nah. The burden of proof is on the claimant. You want to say 100% of what they say is Fake News? Prove it, or you are the Fake News.

3 Likes

If we were in a debate session sure.

Its well known how tightly CNN is with the DNC. Every single news anchor is a relative of someone big in the DNC, a huge donor, yada yada. And the president is considering a run within the DNC.

So, if we were debating ok. Id do your homework, but we arent and I dont care what you believe tbh.

I mean just flip around to the MSM each night and watch the different shows and you will see how they are all literally using the same wording. Its emailed talking points.

1 Like

That’s a lot of words and not a lot of proof. You keep saying things like “well known” - if it was so well known, it would be easy to show sources, right? Sounds to me like you’re making it up as you go along.

Like some kind of… Fake News.

1 Like