New account. 70% winrate. Same potatoes from earliest matches

This is not true. There is NO forced loss system, currently i’m at a 63% winrate on my main hero. There are many people who have INSANE CRAZY winrates (80-90%) but without the MMR to compensate.

I know there is some debate on whether hotslogs is accurate, but assuming that it is, I suggest you check out the “Hero Leaderboards”
It shows people on every character ranging from a 55% winrate to a 85% or even 90% winrate, and you might even notice that these 80% winrate people have a lower MMR than the 60%.

I did some testing, and it turns out, its actually VERY EASY to get insane winstreaks and winrates, and it doesn’t even boost your MMR that much.

Lets take the abathur leaderboards, currently on 1/1/19, there is a 55% winrate at #3, and a 69.2% winrate at #5. The leaderboard is NOT BROKEN.

A while ago I played a game with a few other very high mmr people, our average was 3000 and the enemy’s average was about 1800 (matchmaking am I right) and we got 0 MMR from that match. Like I said, its very easy to get a high winrate: Play with high mmr players, if your average is 3000, your winrate is prolly like 80%.

But you’ll find you won’t actually have that much mmr at the end of it, because the game takes that into account and thus you do NOT get the rewards as you would be playing with worse and against better players.

TL:DR: There is no forced winrate, winrate is NOT MMR, MMR exists because it predicts winrate and is thus representative of your skills, but it takes into account your team as well.

1 Like

Okay so why did I go on several winstreaks in HL and get lower ranked teammates and higher ranked opponents (sometimes a spread of 2 divisions or 8+ ranks above me and 5-6 below me) every time I went on a winstreak of over 5+ games?

You said MMR doesnt exist.

LUL, your troll-thread rekt.

– --. got shrekt

:ideograph_advantage:

As in MMR being used to setup fair matches is a joke. WE HAVE NO ACCESS TO OUR MMR. OUR BEST GUESS IS HOTSLOGS.

2 Likes

You realize you’ve just proven that MMR works exactly as intended?

A brand new account with no established MMR got matched with other inexperienced players. The only thing that allowed you to win 70% of your games is the fact that you’re an experienced player being matched against new players…

It is literally f^cking impossible to force someone to lose. Get over yourself.

6 Likes

You’re probably good/decent hence don’t belong in the “throng” of averages and have no problems with the game, otherwise ppl get stuck quite a bit

Silver & Gold players consist the vast majority of the players in the game (70%), and yes, there is “MMR hell” to those players cause they bounce up/down within that margin most of the time as well as having the biggest skill diversity between players (maths to the rescue :P) in it

:glhf: anyway, glad to see some1 having a nice time playing, and yeah, as someone above said the first 50 games don’t matter as much, and sooner or later you’ll get your “harder” games (unless rly good in it)

And yes, remember what I said about MMR ? = it’s just a number showing winning/losing streak, or at least a consequence of it but yes, it changes RAPIDLY, win 5-6 games you get to ban for your team (i.e. get the crown), doesn’t matter that there are more experienced/better players, it’s just your trending, if you got a high trending of 5-6 wins you get to ban for your team

Quite the “myth” lol, easy to debunk as is, that’s yet another reason why I push/write/suggest/share reasons/ideas for how to make HotS ranked without taking MMR in consideration for MM as is

And yes, here’s a doc I wrote in a while, wish ppl took a better look at it as it has somewhat detailed thoughts/analysis at the matchmaking issues/suggestions to improve it: https://1drv.ms/w/s!At05MlSwg8Tcf6lfFccrnU1RALU

loloolololol

Dude, I’ve … how are people ignoring this. I’ve gone on winstreaks in HL of 5+ games and the opponents always go up in rank (sometimes diamond 1-5 while I’m Gold 1 or Plat 5) and my teammates go down in rank (sometimes Silver 1 or Gold 5/4). This has happened multiple times since preseason. It wasn’t an even spread of rainbow ranks. It was always the other team much higher ranked vs my team of very low ranks. I’ve seen it at least 7 times at 5+ wins in a row.

The recent matchmaking changes ruined this. My smurf is worthless outside ranked modes now lol.

Literally get put in games with people that are level 0-200 with 30-40% winrate, when I have 65%. Before it would still be bad, because MM would use me to average my team’s MMR against their high level team.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve racked up 5+ early kills to gain zero advantage for my team because people play like as s and lose objective on snowball Alterac.

Oh no… its like… you need to have a consistent performance to climb and cant just win a few lucky matches to boost yourself where you don’t belong?

Wow, so enlightening.
Thanks for pointing out that your smurfs havent been boosted after 10 matches.
Really valuable information there.

2 Likes

Pretty pointless to make a smurf to try to prove a point.

You have 50% winrate on your main because this is the rank your personal skill allow you to reach. You lose as much games because of “bad” teammate than you get carry in others.

3 Likes

Like i would have any sympathy for a smurfing player.
Like mephisto says better “suffer!!!”

Big issue is MMR is not increased win points based of these 20 achievements. I trying to say that at Blizzard team sence was PTR of this fail Personal system. But they not lisent up me! (played from open beta,find my reply!)

I really wish i could have an account in Bronze so i could put this stuff down and show my ez climb to Plat-Diamond where my main is.

Sadly i cant place that low if i tried if i dont throw games intentionally and i dont feel like adding to the problem, also i really dont wanna lvl heroes and such on a new account just to try to prove wrong a bad idea with nothing to back it up in the first place.

TL;DR i dont wanna waste a week of my life trying to disprove something that hasnt been shown to exist in the first place.

False unless you are maybe on the AUS server. It cannot give you that large of a rank disparity.

What is probably happening is that you are playing Team League and your own team has a wider spread because it averages groups of players that queue together – and you are only looking at the lowest person on the team and making assumptions.

Show some screenshots if you want to prove me wrong. I’ve never on NA had my Hero League opponents be more than 2 levels up/down from me. Maybe with a 2000s Queue during some really odd off-time when no one is on and the matchmaker physically cannot give you people within a level of you – that would be the only time. It has nothing to do with forced win rate.

1 Like

On EU i have once in the past year seen players who have been 3 tiers away from my rank in HL, at off hours after a long Que.

But i do see players in my ranks who only play about it 20 games a season after lucky placements who really belong way down in ranks but dont drop because they dont play.

QM, UD and TL are so random and have random parties so they arent really usable when evaluating MM, averaging is rly dumb tho

65-70% winrate at level 180, but thanks.

Yea, Rationfail, you have a point because “Blizz is Evil, an inaccurate third-party told me they have xy rank/mmr therefore forced loses exist” is much more logical…

But you are so skilled that you can win even the forced loses I guess, because 70% wr is far from the aimed forced ~50%…
Two options:

• there are no forced wins/loses but skill and luck
  • even a “forced loss” is not forced well enough and winnable but Blizz is evil

Logic would suggest that the first is true. “Rationfail” (the type of “logic” you’re using) would suggest the latter, I guess, because you was forced (you say) yet you have 70% wr. So you came here to “prove” forced winrates with a high wr acc… with an acc which wasn’t forced to lose… or if it was, even forced matches can be won if you are good enough. So in reality ppl aren’t forced to lose and ppl can climb to their skill lvl.

(Btw stop smurfing, it’s unhealthy for the mm (and for the forums).)
:slight_smile:

4 Likes

How many games? Did you note your opponents’ MMR?