Need to Report Player

Let’s start with the issue. I got into a match (co-op versus AI) and even before the gates went down, the player was being extremely toxic and abusive in chat to me without any reason. I calmly asked if I knew them, to which they told me that they did not.

Confused, I just went ahead with the game. They started to insult me further. I have never reported a player in HoTS, so I was uncertain how to.

I found the solution Blizzard provides officially ([Report Harassment in Heroes of the Storm - Blizzard Support]) after the match had ended and I had already closed out the stats window.

Let me say that I have been playing this game casually for the past couple of years. I don’t do pvp whatsoever in it. I play strictly for fun. I like to have a nice relaxing, simple game where I play with a co-op team member against the AI. Generally people are very polite in these games. This is the first time I have experienced firsthand, unfounded bullying in a game.

So how do I report this individual? Is there a way to at this point? Can any blues help me??? I even tried to open a ticket and can’t get pass the auto suggestion stuff to even elicit a GM interaction.

If this person was this rude to me, I can only imagine what sort of toxic trolling they do in other Blizz games.

If I recall correctly, this was the last chance for you to report them. You can also report them during a match.

3 Likes

There’s no more ticket support (except for ban appeals or failed payments). There’s just this forum and community support.

The only chance you have to report someone is during a game or in the stat window.

Or if you get lucky and find that person again in a chat lobby you can report them there by clicking their name, then right clicking the profile that will show up in the whisper tab.

2 Likes

As AltRightFrog said, you can no longer report for anything other than while you’re in a game. There is no ticket support outside of payment issues and bans.

For a period of time I was being harassed on the forums by an individual who also flooded my HOTS account with friend invites and even managed to find the email (since changed) associated with my account. I tell you this as there was no ticket I could open for this harassment, the report system in game is automated, HOTS is now considered a legacy game. :frowning:

3 Likes

Big LOL. Snowflake detected.

Uh oh! Insecure Beta Male detected! Supply raw meat, beer, cigars, sports (where men touch each other), women, and tough men to reassure their masculinity.

If you forgot their name, you could go “watch” your game, the persons name should be listed beforr you even make a game. You could then pretend to “whisper” them and then do the right click and report.

I doubt this strategy is effective but you theoretically do it this way.

2 Likes

You can report someone through a replay?

I doubt it.

The idea isn’t to watch the replay anyways, it’s just to find the persons name. If you forgot their name you can access it through the “watch” section at the top of your lobby screen. All of your teammates and enemy names are shown before you even create the game. You’ll see what I mean when you go ahead and look at it. You just have to recall which game it was.

Once you have a name, all you got to do is “whisper” them. Afterwards you can right click their name and report them while in lobby.

Oh I see. Unfortunately, I won’t be checking in-game as I don’t have it installed. But it sounds legit though.

Wont work if you cant find the player in general chat. Thats why its better just to report while the match is ongoing insteed of doing it after the game where you would likely forget to do it.