My account has no heroes, skins, levels etc

I’ve seen where people reported this issue, but have not seen a fix. And I can’t open a ticket or contact anyone directly, I’m redirected elsewhere. My account has more than 75% of the heroes unlocked, a significant level attached to each, and for each hero I’ve unlocked at least three skins. I’ve nothing at the moment. My account is level 94, I only have free to play characters available and it says I’ve only been playing for about a year. I was playing on release. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Make sure you are logging into the correct region. Being an older game, HotS uses regional servers with regional progress tied to each.

Thanks for the reply! I’d seen other forum posts suspecting the Europe servers having the issues back in 23’ and 23’, a blue post did say they were investigating and that was the end of it. Unfortunately I swapped to the three listed regions, and back to Americas, with no success.

My region was set to America’s by default and I was able to log in seamlessly. I changed to Europe (and Asia), had to run the tutorial, and it looked like a true reset on my account. So, you’re correct it seems on the regional server data. At least in the America’s I retained one year of play so there are some levels across the board. I’ve uninstalled the game a number of times and have likely deleted some files on my computer over the years, it might be a file destination or path issue?

EDIT: I’m not sure if this will help, but the last recorded match in my match history says December 21, 2022. I can assure you I participated in the original tournament for Heroes of the Dorm back when the game’s first release year was 2015. I realize HoTs 2.0 was released since then but I’ve been playing this game for 9 years and have lost 7 years of level progression NOT to mention skins, rewards, cosmetics, mounts. I believe I’ve dropped money on the game and it’s essentially been erased…

All progress is stored in the cloud on BattleNet servers. So you could lose your computer entirely and it should still all be there on your next computer.

Are you sure you did not use another BattleNet account? Some people have multiple for some reason or another. Otherwise you might need to file a support ticket, especially if monetary content has been lost.

Yes, it was the same account. I was playing the game a year ago, as it says in my recorded history, but even then I still had all my account’s items. Just strange. Where do I go to open a support ticket? I was directed to this forum and there’s no in-game option for tickets.

I would start by trying to get evidence that you had stuff you now lost. Such as if you can track down any transaction history for content that you now have lost. Then try different options in the support system, not all of them direct to the forums.

1 Like

Will do. Thanks Dr. Hopefully it helps some others as well. I’ll update later if I find any solutions.

Wrong, there Is.not a single option to contact them directly except account appeals and they just reply with an auto generated message not even signed

Hey though you may want to know, I just enabled a VPN then run the game and left it open for a few hours and things started to load back to normal and everything works. This confirms that there is a problem with the cloud servers that has significantly reduced download speed for information that is not on your computer already. Wish I knew this a month ago lol gotta climbo up ladder like a mad man

Hey. I used to have this exact problem a short while back. What fixed it for me and several other players was to use Windscribe vpn to connect to battlenet and then run the game with it (it might take a while for Windscribe to find a proper connection, so be patient). After running the game with vpn once, all your blocked contents will be enabled again, and you can keep playing the game without vpn from then on.

I hope it works for you as well.