Microsoft buying Activision Blizzard

https://www.theverge.com/2022/1/18/22889258/microsoft-activision-blizzard-xbox-acquisition-call-of-duty-overwatch

Please microsoft, invest in hots again!

40 Likes

Core Gameplay Update:

• Gates are now Invulnerable, like Fountains Wells. But even after destroying their Structures.

Dev Comment:

• Since Bill Gates saved us, we saved gates. It’s only fair.

"Under Microsoft’s new management, Activision-Blizzard will get a more iconic, more simple, and more honest name: Micro-Transactions.

31 Likes

Do you know this website? Is it a serious one and can we trust the news in there?

1 Like

Yeah, it’s everywhere already.

5 Likes

https://news.microsoft.com/features/microsoft-to-acquire-activision-blizzard-to-bring-the-joy-and-community-of-gaming-to-everyone-across-every-device/

Microsoft itself should be trusty enough.

Wonder what’s gonna happen to HOTS?

15 Likes

I have a feeling this can either relaunch hots or the final straw that sacks it.

Here’s hoping for the best

11 Likes

Although it would be nice to get more attention for the Classic games, what I really hope is that the first thing they do is kick Kotick’s slimy butt out of the company.

18 Likes

Seems it will not be the case though. He should stay CEO.

I hope if HotS gets love, it won’t be like giving us non-Blizzard characters as Heroes. But! Would really love MS properties as Cosmetics! Like Halo Raynor. Or MS Wizard Deckard :'D

7 Likes

Indeed, Darak. That’s also my hope that Microsoft will invest in Hots again to make Hots to be able to compete against Dota 2, LoL and PU. At least we can hope…

I don’t mind to see Microsoft character as long this game gets supported, but I agree that it would be better, if we get Blizzard characters first.

3 Likes

I don’t see Microsoft just leaving HOTS in limbo as it currently sits.
Whether or not they’ll take a chance is the real question, but I’m afraid it may very well just get axed.

2 Likes

playable dragonborn in hots is now possible

2 Likes

Unfortunately that isn’t happening. He’s remaining the CEO of Acti/Blizz, but now answers to the CEO of Microsoft Gaming, Phil Spencer.

2 Likes

Yet.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t get my hopes up on him leaving happening any time soon. Him remaining was part of the deal. Unless he screws up big time, I doubt Microsoft will give his :peach: the boot it deserves.

Although I would like it to be soon, I know it won’t, just like I know there won’t be any major changes to any of the existing titles in the short term. Honestly, I would expect them to try and get a major release hyped and out, such as D4, then worry about internal affairs/older titles.

Even if it isn’t soon, I do want Kotick booted. Preferably with fireworks and high drama.

5 Likes

Quotes from the verge:

Bobby Kotick will continue to serve as CEO of Activision Blizzard for now. It looks like Kotick won’t remain once the deal is fully closed and after the transition period to Microsoft, though. Spencer, formerly head of gaming at Microsoft, is now CEO of Microsoft Gaming, and the company says the Activision Blizzard business will report directly to Spencer.

10 Likes

This could actually save the game.

Microsoft seems to be competent with it’s games, they could revive HotS.

I can see them doing crossovers not only with other Microsoft games but also other companies because they’re very open to crossovers (look at Minecraft)

The potential is endless here. HotS could become the Smash Bros of Mobas

2 Likes

Doesn’t that mean that Kotick will still be CEO of Activision Blizzard, but Activision Blizzard being a sub company of Microsoft Gaming, the CEO of Activision Blizard, that is kotick, will report to the CEO of Microsoft Gaming, that is Spencer?

Edit: I don’t know how I could read will instead of won’t!

2 Likes

here is AP:
https://apnews.com/article/technology-business-arts-and-entertainment-mobile-gaming-7a9e2bcc8f0b7b9049e4f93fe3e0a4dd