Metal support in 2019?

Is it going to happen at all?

They mentioned that they are looking into bringing back Metal support when Catalina is out, so maybe Autumn 2019 at the earliest but no promises.

Source:

2 Likes

That’s fantastic. I hope it will improve performance.

When switching from PC to MAC OSX I feel like the game play is not as smooth. Hopefully adding Metal support will improve this. I hate having to boot into Windows just play HOTS. Makes me not want to play

Today’s patch brings Metal back to Mac. There are a few known issues including early game stuttering and black render halos which we are working to resolve now. We have seen performance significantly improve over time, even between restarts of the game and of the OS. Please play it, give it a few games to smooth out, and let us know your experience. Thanks!

3 Likes

Really sad. This metal support just exclude me from the game. :cry:

7 Likes

Same here. My girlfriend and a few friends play together commonly, but it looks like we might have to disband and discontinue playing the game altogether unless there is a fix for this problem.

2 Likes

Hey all,

Information about Metal Support can be found here. If there’s anything else you might need just let us know.

Thanks for playing and enjoy the games!

1 Like

we need you to grant optimization for both old mac user and new, not only one part. Sighs i could understand that after an update my mac can´t play at high quallity graphics anymore and i need to play at med-low. But from HD to not opening? no way.

1 Like

Blizzard, please fix it.

1 Like

Please revert the game or add back in the old structure. You are excluding myself and many other long time players from a game that our computers were able to play just fine days ago.

3 Likes

That doesn’t help us – yes the information is there, but how do you intent on fixing the situation where the game can potentially end up losing thousands of players who don’t have a modern day computer.

1 Like

Unfortunately, it’s a necessary update for those of us who do have a computer from the last 7 years, because Catalina just dropped today.

1 Like

There’s no choice here. Apple is forcing them to switch over.

2 Likes

:roll_eyes:
Errr what’s the deal of these bunch of freaks saying they are excluded from the game thing ?
Plz just stop your crap already …
god … who’s stopping you from updating to the macOS Catalina ? Clearly you are crazy if you have decided to stick with the same old computer for 10 years

Thanks for updating the game to support Apple metal 2 , this renderer api is supreme
The performance is great
Everything looks great and stunning running silky smooth on my iMac 2019 with vega 48 and 128 GB ram

You have my thanks ! In fact I just decided to buy more gems to support you guys and purchase the new Mac Pro for my office for some heroes session when it comes to available for purchase

[Edited by Moderator]
This thread has been inactive for some time. Please be mindful of resurrecting older threads. A new or more recent thread can be created to continue the discussion. Locking this thread.