Memes of the Storm

2 Likes

Hey DrLogan ,

How do you pronouce tassadar’s name in your language ? Like what does it sound like because to me reading it completely wrong it looks like " TaccaAap " ?

Im just curious of the different pronunciation of different language :slight_smile:

To be fair TaccaAap is also something i couls get used to given the time xD .

Д = D, so Tassadar sounds in same way.

3 Likes

What about the P :open_mouth:?!

Р (р) = R (r)

Tassadar - Тассадар

2 Likes

Thanks for the info :+1:!!

1 Like

Wow, I checked by curiosity how English people pronounce Tassadar and I got surprised. You guys pronounce his name like “Ta’ssaduhr”, In Spanish, we pronounce it like “Tassadár”.

1 Like

German similar. Emphasis on first syllable.

2 Likes

language lesson is over post memes

1 Like

I heard the google translate pronunciation, and it is extremely inaccurate lol. It’s pronounced how it looks, with the ending “ar” being pronounced like the letter R. Not “uhr”

Sorry, lord Sami

2 Likes

Can DrLogan be the voice of the new tassadar when he gets reworked?

5 Likes

Good, you stopped the upcoming doom from happening.

English “R” sounds like the pirates “argh”, in Spanish we prounce it like the “re” from Kakyon’s rerorero.

However, we also pronounce the “RR” like if we trying to imitate an engine. Altough our both "R"s doesn’t sound like the English “R” at all.
2 Likes

What you mean is:
“Language lessons over posting memes”

I tried learning Spanish in university, but unfortunately, I could not roll my R if my life depended on it, so I dropped the language…

1 Like

Went with french, you only need to remember that “h” is essentially not a letter in that language. And how to pronounce the accents. And that lots of words have a bit of their own rule on top.

1 Like

ée
ez
er

Are pronounced identically.
Bordeaux drops 3 of those 8 letters.

What a language.

3 Likes

It’s dishonest to talk about faults in a language while using English, the most incomprehensible language on Earth.

6 Likes

Says the murloc

20 Likes

Since im french im guessing most of the character name i say will likely be pronounced a bit differently then a english person. But its always fun to hear about otger language . :smiling_face:

the one character that i had to get use to was tyrande . first time i heard someone say her name i didnt even recognise it :sweat_smile: they were saying it like “Teh ran deh” . i dont know me and my gf always said it like "ti-ran’d " very low emphasis on the end part of the name.

Sylvanas was a bit different too , we didnt knew the “S” wasnt silent . so we always pronounced sylvanas with a silent s lol :man_facepalming:

4 Likes

In all honesty though, I got a personal story. I am close to 30 years old, I speak English for over 18 years and only recently learned that “lead” (the metal) is pronounced like “let” and not like “weed”. It makes zero sense to me.

Hear, lead (“lead the way”), read (present) all use the long “EE” sound.
Bear, lead (the metal), read (past), head, instead all use the short “e” sound. Some of them are spelled identically.
Why do tough, though and through not rhyme?
Why is the plural of “woman” pronounced like you changed the first vowel instead of the second?

/language rant over

11 Likes