Mastery Taunt Ability

How do you know what your taunt is and how to hotkey it once you know what it is? It’s supposed to be on the Y key, but nothing shows.

Go to the Hotkeys and search the key for Taunt (Advanced -> Hero Management). If it’s no help…
Go to TryMode (safe button-smashing testplace). Press X (it should pop up a wheel with every special “move” like Sprays, Dance and Taunt and shows which button does it).
If X doesn’t work, since you’re in TryMode, just try out your buttons.

6 Likes

Hold the X key. :open_book:

You find out for yourself.

As already explained by the man himself, Karabars, you’re gonna want to enter your Hotkey settings, select Advanced, then navigate to the Hero Management dropdown menu, then you’ll find “Quick Taunt Expression”.

From there on, you can edit the hotkey however you like.

The default setting for the Y key is “Quick Dance Expression”. The J key is default for “Quick Taunt Expression”.

I’m sorry. I was unclear. I was asking about the mastery ring taunt. Someone asked me what it was for the hero I was playing, and I didn’t know, so it got me to wondering. That was the person told me the ability is hotkeyed to Y, but I see no such key on my screen - like on the hotbar, or 1,2, or 3.

There are

  • Mastery Rings: purchasable via gold and fluff for the Hero’s hitbox (circle under their inmatch mode).
  • Mastery Taunts: your normal Taunt (key “J” by default and can be accessed the same way I listed already) which passively (as you lvl up) get more and more fluff.