Make Imperius' Wings Bigger!

He’s too savage to fly.

2 Likes

I don’t mind the swagger walk. He looks like he’s about to go whoop somebody’s a$$.

7 Likes

Why are you triggered though, budgets costs are actually real and here.You are acting like he is trolling and making those stuff up.

No, His kit, his giant spear, and his walking animation makes it enough distinguishable already, then Tyrael.If the person looking is not blind.They got either lazy or screwed by the budget , there are no other excuses for Imperius to have lame looking wings.

On the side note, Malganis haven’t got a hero portrait still, and uses the art from an outsourced Artist(Max Grecke), who got an extremely different style from the Blizzard artist who did most of the portraits.Not as annoying as Imperius wings, though.Just something I noticed.

1 Like

The art team would have been developing Imperius’s assets for months in advance, far before the gutting of the devs. Any recent budget cuts would have had no effect on these assets.

5 Likes

Then they got lazy, ok got it.

1 Like

It’s always possible they could have finished the model extremely late, and were unable to add finishing touches. But I suspect this is more a case of Blizzard putting out something that a portion of the community is unsatisfied with, such as with Mephisto and Alexstrasza.

3 Likes

You should speak for your self. Mephisto I can agree with , but Alextrazsa is the best HotS character model they have made, they did an amazing job by ditching her extremely lame skinny sick looking aged WoW model.She actually looks like a life-giving goddess now , my favorite looking hero.

A lot of people actually like new Alextrazsa, probably more then people dislike her.Just because few vocal people with borderline anorexic body type fetish didn’t like her when she was introduced to HotS, doesn’t mean her HotS model is bad.

8 Likes

I had, and continue to have, no issue with Alextrazsa’s model. I did notice at the time there were a large number of people who seemed to be upset, although I found their reasons for being upset to be lacking. I always suspected they were just a vocal minority, although I was surprised at how long that debate seemed to drag on for.

I have compared the wings on Imperius’s model to his other appearances, and the main thing I notice is that they seem to be too small. They could definitely be a bit larger, and brighter. They look much more impressive in his splash art.

5 Likes

Oh I see then.I thought you disliked it.Well, about the nay-sayers, yes they were a minority :stuck_out_tongue: , There are already more fanarts of her HotS model then her dull boring WoW model.And her WoW model has been around for over a decade.

Personally, Not just wings, but his model looks…less HD compared to Tyrael , and Tyrael was made 3 years ago…I am not so sure on this , but in spotlight video, it seemed like his armor was lacking details / shine effects.Maybe it’ll be more polished in-game.

1 Like

It could be that they ran out of resources to put on the finishing touches. But from the model on the HotS site, I can definitely see reflections on his armor. It’s true that some of the time in that video, he looked too much like a guy in armor. But that could just be a side-effect of his wings being too small.

Anyway, I’ve seen a lot of notices in the patch notes that they’ve updated graphics for one hero or another, so maybe that will happen to him eventually. If they can remove Tychus’s cigar, they can give Imperius bigger wings.

1 Like

Oh yeah they did that at one point…/facepalm.Yet we got literally the satan himself , aka Diablo.It’s ironic at best.

I’ll check that out.

His wings need to absolute UNITS, right now they are definitely units. :sleepy:

The really bizarre thing is that Imperius’s wings appear much larger in the scoring and quick match loading screens than in-game. For example, in his hero page on this site, his wings don’t reach past his arms. Whereas at 24:30 and 25:20 in this video, it can be clearly seen that they reach down to the ground, far past his arms, and look much more impressive.

It’s especially noticeable at 25:40, when he rotates the model. The wings extend so far that they take up over 50% of the model. Also, he isn’t holding his spear. The larger wings may also be present in his hero portrait, where they seem much more noticeable.

I wonder if perhaps they reduced the size of the wings in-game so they wouldn’t take up so much space. It could be that the enlarged wings are the result of an alternate animation set that is applied only in the collection, where they decided they could get away with the larger wings.

I posted in the other “Fix Imperius’ wings” I was very disappointed. They look weak and unimpressive.

They need to look fuller, bigger, and brighter.
I understand they may have changed his wings to have a distinction to the other angels, but this pales in comparison.

The walking I’m ok with. I feel the way he walks has some weight and looks like there is nothing that will stop him from going where he needs to go. This also gives a distinction among the other angels also. We just need one more angel to have a full team, we will have to use Valla with the angel skin as filler :stuck_out_tongue: which has better wings then Imperius.

5 Likes

I also thought that was badass for him to walk and impale people.His walking animations are on the point.

Not to mention it’s also a a nice distinctive touch, so he wouldn’t look too similar to the other angels.

5 Likes

For sure!

When he does his Impale, he does a sort of “air dash” with some smoke. Though could’ve been cooler to have him do an “arrow”-like flight point with the Impale.

1 Like

I think he looks fine. Could they be bigger? Sure but I actually like them smaller. It makes him appear bigger and beefier. He is a bruiser style tank after all.

I’m not sure if its the top down view that is distorting the size of his wings in game or not, but I do think they should be a bit bigger if possible.

Such toxicity in this thread. Either you complain about the lack of heroes or you complain about the hero itself when given to you.

Can’t please anyone. But this is the forums after all.

Hero looks great imo.

Dude, this is your first and only post and you of course post some trolling crap. People stating their opinions and impressions is in no way toxic. Stop over using that term

2 Likes