Mac OS Catalina cmd-tab gives black screen BUG

Hi!
(I’m cross-posting here from the EU forum, since this is a specific Mac OS issue)

After the recent update of the MacOS to Catalina HOTS started to have this annoying bug:
everything is fine while in game but as soon as I try to cmd-tab out of the game the screen turns black and nothing else happens. I’m still in the game, I can tell because the sound is still playing the music and the menu sounds (i.E. when pressing escape and triggering the main menu), I can’t cmd-tab to somewhere else or back, it stays black. (update:) It is possible to force-kill the game by cmd-alt-esc, but it is still annoying.

I’ve tried different things already, like reseting the game settings, un- and reinstalling the game, changing resolutions and so on. I run HOTS in full screen usually. I tried to run it in widowed mode, everything works fine. In windowed fullscreen mode this bug reappears though. The only way to get out of that screen right now is a forced shutdown or force-kill.

As a short-term workaround for me, I disabled my usual cmd key I use for tabbing so I don’t do it out of habit, but in the long run I’d love to fix it.

Please tell me what information you need for investigation

Same thing here. Performance also seems much worse after updating.

Same thing here. Please let me know if you find a solution for this.

Hi! What solved it for me was disabling the “automatically switch graphics card” (not sure what it is called in english as mine is in portuguese) in the energy settings. A bit late but hopefully still useful!

Well, my solution is to use CMD+M shortcut for switching modes. this removes the black screen by switching to windowed mode, as described here