Lili new skin = chromie?

Isn’t similar problem with mecha Tassandar and mecha Tyrael. Skins are very similar but not like impossible to distinguish.

You know, in some cases, having difficulty distinguishing cosmetics like that can be a result of graphics settings, monitor, or differences in sense perception like autism. So nice job being ableist.

If someone can’t distinguish silhouettes (mostly the weapon part) and can’t check the big thingie on the top of the screen which shows the Heroes’ base portraits to see who and who isn’t in the match, what can we do?

Demon Kerri + Demon Jaina and Cyberpunk Chromie + Wrestler Lili are among the best skins in the game imo. Do you want to remove or greatly change them because a small group of ppl can’t tell them apart?

Deathwing and Alexstrasza (dragons), Thrall and Garrosh (big orcs), Uther and Arthas (paladins), Sylvanas and Tyrande/Valla (archers) can have similar issues. There is a limit how many “unique” silhouettes can be made if being “small and female” is enough to have dificulties to tell things apart.

If ppl have problems with perception, maybe online multiplayer games are just not for them. And it’s not discrimination to tell ppl that they either need to adept or accept that some things are just not for them.

Will ppl get confused when Baal gets added to the game cuz they confuse him with Azmodan?

3 Likes

Heroes should be easily distinguishable regardless of skins. Unfortunately that’s not the case here. I had the exact same reaction of not being able to tell them apart. It’s horrible design.

That guy is just beyond help. He defends every decision the developers make. There’s no point arguing with him.

Even if the silhouette is similar, there is no other skin in the game that is so pink and the movement of the two is completely different.
Where’s the point?

1 Like

The only time I could see this even slightly being an issue is if they are in the same game and on the same team.

1 Like

And with that two skins.

1 Like

All those complaints would be mostly meaningless if HotS showed the hero name instead of the useless player name nobody cares for.

That actually doesn’t need to be a case, you still have their names and can check who is who. Moreover, similarities not only happen in HoTS but in every other MOBA as well.

1 Like

There is even a shape shifting Hero in LoL.

1 Like

I guess they can’t tell Heroes and their Aba-clones apart.

2 Likes

But by then wouldn’t you know that the hero you’re fighting against is either a Chromie or a Lili? They are vastly different in their positioning and their abilities are way too distinct to be able to mistake one for the other.

1 Like

Eww.

Twenty characters

see which one has bigger ‘assets’

…but… but… bronze talons!

This thread really is a little storm in Li Li’s teacup! Sorry couldn’t resist.

The silhouettes are slightly similar, but no more so than a few other heroes, The animations and colors are different so confusing them shouldn’t be an issue.

1 Like

If it throws Sand, it’s Chromie. If it splashes Water (excuse me, Tea) , it’s Li Li.

1 Like

New players don’t know that. A new player at HotS launch or when a new hero is added can handle it fine. A new player nowadays has a hard time with many far too similar looking heroes.

DotA 2 displays by default the hero name instead of the useless player name for a reason!

Wait…Chromie carries around a giant staff and naruto runs everywhere now?

Just want to bump this thread. Lili looks like Chromie with the new bunny anime skins. Flipped through this thread to found angry pixel memory playhards which can tell the difference between 2 Kerrigans.

I’m done with this game until they decide to make it enjoyable for people not interested in anime.