Li ming needs to be changed

shes extremely low risk high reward hero with very little skill involved in playing her.

She should either have severe mana problems, low mobility, lower damage or lower range.

It doesn’t make sense to play anyone else(except characters with broken mechanics) when you can play someone with literally no weaknesses.

5 Likes

I mean she’s not broken by any means but she is extremely annoying to fight against. She’s a hero that’s a little too versatile.

Fun Fact: Li-Ming loses more games than anyone else in the nexus.

14 Likes

There is a reason she is in almost every QM game. Same as abathur.

1 Like

She has 49% win rate meaning she is perfectly balanced. And she does have plenty of weaknesses, heroes like Anub’arak with his constant unit spawns and spell armor can block 90% of her skill shots against any allies.

Her abilities (and especially Arcane Orb) are also very telegraphed and delayed giving any hero, even those without mobility spells, time to walk out of them.

13 Likes

Then why not pick Ming every game so you can get to GM#1 within a week if she is such an instant win with no weaknesses?

More suitable thread:

10 Likes

People very frequently go Teleport build.
Teleport build requires her to get very close.
That very much is a weakness.

I prefer Q build with Cannoneer, it’s more powerful.
But it also requires you to aim pretty well, and you also need to get close to land the auto-attacks.

1 Like

She also has one of the highest pickrates of any hero. So take that into account. it lowers her winrate and it’s not even low for how high her pickrate is. Take away all the super pepega li-mings and it’s probably around 60%

1 Like

I admit LiMing is easier than Jaina.

But if you’re doing that you should also take away the super god mode Li-mings… which probably brings you back to the start.

1 Like

Nah it’ll make it like 55% I bet. Definitely not 49%. Li ming is a good carry in good hands and will fail you in bad hands.

Everything you point out is true. Her basic wave clear is also underwhelming, made deliberately so by the devs, which is understandable. They even removed her PVE damage from Calamity and raised the CD on Disintegrate to reduce her PVE damage and give her a clear weakness.

1 Like

Low HP, large spell windup time with predicable pathing

^^^^^^^

Ming weaknesses:

• her orb is pretty telegraphed
  • low hp
  • weak waveclear
  • easy to block spells
  • weaker from melee (thus when dived)
7 Likes

Every hero has weaknesses. Posting their weaknesses doesn’t change how a hero is received.

Almost every ranged assassin has low hp.

All mages have pretty telegraphed abilities.

Her waveclear is not bad as far as ranged assassins go. It’s a high middle clear if she aims her orbs just right.

Almost every ranged assassin is weak to dive, this goes in line with low hp. (At least Ming has a disengage tool. Most mages do not.)

3 Likes

I responded to the @Op. Just because you didn’t say she has no weakness or you know all of hers doesn’t mean I shouldn’t point them out here. Sorry to burst your bubble, the world is not revolves around you.

5 Likes

Who is making anything about me? I’m just telling you how it is. Just because a hero has counters doesn’t mean anything. Deathwing had counters and yet he had one of the highest winrates in the game and had to get flat nerfs across the board multiple times.

But people kept defending him over, and over.

1 Like

Yet they failed. She does just fine clearing minions.

What’s your point? Since Ming does not have high winrates.

What’s your goal? Do you want Ming to be nerfed despite that?

The @Op claimed Ming has no weaknesses, so all I did was pointing those out for them, since I don’t know if they’re unaware of them or just made a blatant exaggeration but I gave them the benefit of the doubt.

And if they truly didn’t know about her weaknesses, I actually helped, unlike you, who just said “yes, she’s annoying”.

6 Likes

Yeah, it’s not bad at all. She has pretty high middle wave clear. Like, it’s enough to get the job done