Let's have debates with the devs

Threads like this are why we need downvotes back.

1 Like

I also have something similar:

But dunno what you try to say with this part:

What I said that if a dev comes in to say things, feedback stops. So if we use your worldview, the devs are even more limited than in mine, where I don’t care about the “this socks feedback”.

For the devs, we’re like quantum physics. If they want to see our true opinions, they need to stay away.

So probably they’ll only reply to threads which need some deus ex shenanigans, or they can casually hopp in to say “nice” or some funny stuff.

You should spam that thread more. Its good but it was hidden in may

And may I edit. They dont need to reply, but some things just require a bit of attention because it can be gamebreaking

1 Like

Maybe :thinking:

2 Likes

Can we get xp globe skins? Like maybe floating old god eyes or donuts. These are the only 2 things im allowed to think of because void corruption :confused:

Take a look at how often the devs get under fire at the slightest thing ?

Take any character 

Nerf it , get complains
Dont nerf it , gets complains
Buff it , get complains

Its impossible to please everyone and so many players are just down right arrogant , condecending and act as if the devs owes them everything or anything for that matter just because they are playing their game.

Look at your own comment , would you even want to respond to this ?

Are there things that the devs do i diagree with once in a while ? Sure , so what ! It balances out more with the things i do love they did with this game .

Honnestly , how often have you even said anything positive in regards to the devs or their work really ? Now how often have you complained about it ? Likely way more .

4 Likes

Yes. Dewit

I was responding mostly to their “the more constructive the criticism, the more likely it will receive an answer.”

There have been tons of constructive feedback with justified reasons. This could be new heroes, nerfs, buffs, reworks etc. I can only assume people spend hours creating these threads. I remember a nice thread which wasn’t bashing the game but it was a really nice thread which was constructive, to my memory, over 600+ replies but not one dev came in and put in their two cents.

Now I understand them not responding to my comment or any threads/replies that are not constructive but in all seriousness, they are rare to see in the constructive topics. Hence my reply of them lying.

For example from what I see on the forums;
1 - They chose to reply to this thread
 topic not constructive
2 - Next topic they replied to: Now who is the most wanted hero? topic not constructive
3 - Next: Memes of the storm topic not constructive
4 - Next: Patch Update
5 - Next: Patch Update
6 - Next: Patch Update
7 - Next: A question for the dev topic not constructive
8 - Next: Do devs even know how to play TLV? topic not constructive, arguably the opposite
9 - Next: Balance Patch Predictions topic not constructive, mere speculation
10 - Next: Patch Update
11 - Deathwing: Bad Game Design? constructive and fair answer from blizz given

This is going back all the way to 27 days and ALOT of scrolling.

What I mean by “constructive” is a well thought out thread, doesn’t have to be long, but justifiable instead of a thread bashing X Y Z.

But hey, if they say the chance rate respond is through constructive feedback well I guess 1 out of 7 replies (not counting the patch updates) is good enough,
 *sarcasm

@hasher22, I will remind you what the Blue said.

You are a prime example of the types who takes answers extremely literally and/or misunderstand the meaning and then start a hatetrain because you demand attention from a blue.

9 Likes

this might come as a surprise, but devs are people, not a programmed function to simulate probability. “Oh, but the last couple times i flipped a coin, it wasn’t 50/50 heads to tails! People lied to me on this”

Even outside of these specific forums, constructive criticism is more likely to see better responses as a rule of thumb. They can offer specific details, concerns, provide a direct call to action, or ask questions. Of the list you pulled, you labeled the topic as “non constructive” & left it there.

What you posted generally indicates you skimmed to suit the conception you wanted, rather than look into context. Having a post get a reply with a specific inquiry would be the sort of thing that should get a response to suit the label, but you neglected some of those. Cases to offer information or dispel misconceptions can similarly facilitate a push to constructive criticism, useful discussion & feedback rather than catering to gripes for people who expect to have their hand held & claim they were “lied to” for backlashing emotional blackmail. it also pulls from a very small sampling of people :stuck_out_tongue:

Your list is a skew via availability heuristic that forgoes context to suit accusation. You probably didn’t even think of what part of that is intentionally deceptive (to be a “lie”) & conflated that with your association of the statement being “wrong”. The response you put is closer to "stuff i want didn’t like got i reply, therefore they’re “lying”.

1 Like

I never joke about threads

So patch updates are pretty mandatory posts. The rest of that seems to just be your arbitrary opinion laced with a heaping table of salt. They said general rule, and it’s clear that mods are allowed to have fun too.

Get over yourself.

1 Like

The comments and feedback in the forums are good but they do not represent the feeling of the community. I hope Blizzard does not make changes like reverting XP Globes based on a couple of Threads in this forum.

Still need some love from devs for Abathur’s locust - last hit creeps and collecting of exp. globes. For vikings don’t know. Invite a devs plz guys and girls.

P.s. We have here, for a moment, by the way, the fastest and most dynamic MOBA in the world! Can we add some speed to our “turtle” - the exp. of globes? Because the hare is already rejoicing.

Pretty sure locusts collects experience from their kills now.

Ok, but not collect the globes.

Well they never collected exp from things they didn’t kill so nothing changed in that department

2 Likes

Completely wild and insane theory: Maybe, just maybe, the devs don’t add to the discussion because someone else has already said what they were going to point out? Why re-hash what someone has already elaborated?

It’s also worth pointing out that you yourself, by furiously insisting on your own conclusions as true, and attacking a developer’s post for not doing what you want them to do
 are just proving the point that devs have an effect on conversations they decide to add to.

Ultimately, I want the devs talking in the forums as little as possible. For one, it lets the discussion unfold between the fans and gives insight to the differing opinions inside the fanbase. For another, it’s so the devs can stop obsessing over people who immediately reject unwanted statements as ‘false’ and get about the business of actually working on the game.

3 Likes

I’m sure you’re concept was good but sadly the best thing you can do i think is keep trying to come up with new ideas until one hits the spot. I’ve made a post last sunday about how to help on balancing deathwing after spending a good hour writing it and coming up with good ideas but in the end it didnt work.
So what i will do is keep trying and not give up on the hopes of getting one of my suggestion in the game.

2 Likes

Don’t remove globes of experience, need just to polish the minuses. Generally speaking, the developers have done a lot of good over the past year, although I still don’t like the removal of ammunition from the towers, the catapult, the new disguise, the rework of Cromie and Nova. And of course, the mathcmaking and report system is still not fixed. These are the main problems of the game and they need to be radically changed, look at them from a different angle, a fresh look. Unfair and non-transparent rules of the game will not increase the base of players and will not attract new people to it. And without new people, matchmaking will be
 Well, you know what it is.

P.s. There is an old Russian film that reminded me of the current situation with matchmaking, where two swindlers could not decide what to do: one wanted to sell chairs and offered money in the evening - in the morning chairs, the second, in the evening chairs - money in the morning.