Lana is leaving Blizzard

Deflecting responsibility for their creation would be irresponsible. Many fans have expressed their discontent with the new hero. Whether you believe it is true or not matters not since around 7000 people have expressed their like or dislike of this hero which is unprecedented for a HoTS hero release.

The claims you put forth are an extreme and are the minority of the total criticism put forth so far. The most common reason for the hero’s poor reception is that OC heroes were a mistake to add to HoTS in the first place. Whether you agree or whether this offends you also matters not when considering the totality of reality.

6 Likes

The same thing is true for your opinion: you think OCs are errors, many think that they’re great. Deal with it.

7 Likes

Without a doubt.

I’m merely stating that the “she’s the wrong color” and “she’s the wrong gender” are more likely to push someone out the door. After all, there was similar worry about OC heroes with Orphea, but I can’t recall complaints about her being female or (obviously) her skin color. The youtube ratio for her doesn’t show this much dislike.

What conclusion would you draw? It won’t be that the dislikes are because of the OC nature of the hero, or there would be a similar ratio around Orphea. The more likely conclusion is that the minority reaction is the culprit.

Not that the conclusion will be accurate, but we’re theorizing about what might have driven the decision. Dislikes on a youtube video aren’t enough, but combined with those sentiments cropping up, it would be sufficient to make anyone think “Why am I bothering?”

Again, this explanation is not about how I feel about the hero. It’s about how an artist might feel about people who can’t appreciate the work for what it is, and whose comments might lead her to see a mass of downvotes and think “Are there this many people who won’t let me draw a girl or a person that doesn’t glow in the dark?”

1 Like

You guys do know that they have more than just one artist, animator, programmer and designer on the team right?

1 Like

I am perfectly ok with people liking OC heroes. I don’t seek to change their mind. You are making an unnecessary leap since it is clear you are offended my opinion. Feel free to express your like for them. I will express my disdain. That is what forums are for :slight_smile:

4 Likes

RIP. That’s the last of the devs that posted here. Also Twitter is whitelisted you don’t have to do the link trick with it.

Wonder if CDPR got her. She’s retweeting their job opportunity tweet.

4 Likes

Not directly.

Lana didnt decide the direction. She just made the art for what they wanted.

Qhira was probably one of her last projects so she probably saw a wrap up of her work here after it and is leaving.

The art work is amazing in this game for what its worth.

4 Likes

There are less people who like it than dont like it.

4 Likes

I agree with this. I actually enjoy the artwork.

Lana might not have decided on the direction but that doesn’t mean she wasn’t attached to the work she did. Can’t feel good to put that kind of work into something and find it’s hated.

You could be right though, not gonna speak for her because hell if I know.

1 Like

I dont think anyone has said the art work sucks.

People not liking OC characters has nothing to do with her work.

Her artwork is good.

Shes obviously leaving because that was her last project on what is becoming a steady state in maintenance game with a snails crawl release.

HotS is not the project someone wanting to move up in the world would want to be attatched to. Its the basement of Blizzard.

I mean I like the game still, but working on it has to be like working in a department that has its offices in the basement and no one even really knows you work there. Like “The IT Crowd”.

6 Likes

Lana was one of two heroes devs which posted here with any degree of regularity. She’s well liked around here.

Also, can we not turn this into another Qhira thread? We’ve had more than enough these past 2 days

7 Likes

She worked on Qhira and it appears the majority of people here enjoyed the art of the new hero. There is nothing wrong with people appreciating her last work in this thread.

You’re missing the point man. They don’t have to. She still put effort into it and the Hero is hated. The effort is over shadowed by that.

Okay, first, you don’t know that and second I got no idea why you added it. I wasn’t saying anything like “Lana quit because people don’t like Qhira”.

1 Like

Good bye Lana. You did great work. You’ll do more great things in the future without a doubt.

Can you please not turn something like this into a “I hate Blizzard” rant?

7 Likes

I mean you can pretend that is the reason, but I think its more obvious that she was already planning to leave once this was done. She could care less if people didnt want OC heroes.

I know that because blizzard has cut the staff in half and slowed the releases. Thats called reality.

I literally didn’t. Only one ascribing motive to this is you.

1 Like

No

The two are probably related. The organization is f’d up and I am an og fan since WC2 I’ll bring it up every time I can.

PS: I do not hate blizzard. I love blizzard. If you saw a family member repeatedly hurting themself wouldn’t you do everything you can to intervene if you care about them? Blizzard games helped me through some of the hardest times of my life and I’ll never forget that.

5 Likes

ok but you said

If you are saying her effort is over shadowed by peoples dislike, but somehow you dont think that affected her?

I mean nm. I dont know what you are trying to say or care tbh at this point. Seems like back tracking to me.

Its obvious she was planning to leave after the last of her work was finished up. But you can imply reasons and then walk it back if you want. w/e

she posted for a little while but then stopped like the rest of the team that posed here.