Lana is leaving Blizzard

9 Likes

The artists here are great, if they leave, they will do a great job wherever they go.

18 Likes

I can’t blame anyone on the HotS team that decided to go to another company.

21 Likes

Oh… I’ll miss her, looking forward to knowing what she’ll work on next.

3 Likes

Just saw this on reddit sad to see. Whatever is next hope for the best.

The Blizz ship is veering off course in danger of sinking… time to move on to greener pastures.

12 Likes

Why am I not surprised?..

16 Likes

The Khala, maybe? Duh?

All said, it’s a shame to see more ship-jumpers. I know why they are doing so, but it still is a shame to watch this ship sink so… thoroughly.

5 Likes

Welp, that looks like the last of em’ folks. Activision has successfully drained every ounce of heart and soul that went into HoTs. Now we are officially left without a public figure in the dev team to look up to.

To Lana, I wish nothing but joy and prosperity on her next adventure, wherever it may be.

5 Likes

Oracle (D)

3 Likes

Qhira might be the last ever hero. Who is even left on the development team to make new ones?

7 Likes

That intern who messes up the patch notes all the time :smiley:

@Thread

I wish all the good luck to Lana. She’s a wonderful person and amazing at what she does. She will be missed for sure.

15 Likes

This is very sad :sob:

She’ll be missed indeed. I can never thank her enough for what she did with Orphea.

7 Likes

:frowning::anguished::sob:

1 Like

I wonder if this has any relation to the new OC hero that is now sitting at 6.9k likes and 7k dislikes.

1 Like

I doubt she would leave because of something so insignificant like that. She was probably waiting around after the ship started sinking until she got something better.

13 Likes

From her Twitter: Qhira is the result of a resilient amazing team and a ton of effort. Delighted to have worked with nearly the entire animation team on this one!

1 Like

In that case, I’d be more inclined to blame the massive load of crap dumped on the character by the forums for ridiculous reasons (skin color, pandering, body parts, etc.)

Disappointment that the new hero isn’t the hero everybody wanted is to be expected with every release, and is even reasonable when not carried too far, but the sheer amount of wailing over “you got the wrong skin color” or “the body parts are the wrong shape; there shouldn’t be those two round things on the chest” have got to be disheartening for a dedicated artist.

5 Likes

Deflecting responsibility for their creation would be irresponsible. Many fans have expressed their discontent with the new hero. Whether you believe it is true or not matters not since around 7000 people have expressed their like or dislike of this hero which is unprecedented for a HoTS hero release.

The claims you put forth are an extreme and are the minority of the total criticism put forth so far. The most common reason for the hero’s poor reception is that OC heroes were a mistake to add to HoTS in the first place. Whether you agree or whether this offends you also matters not when considering the totality of reality.

6 Likes

The same thing is true for your opinion: you think OCs are errors, many think that they’re great. Deal with it.

7 Likes