Kith's Lost Vikings Review + Rework

Ah $"£! here we go again…

1 Like

Yes.

1 Like

Vikings are proud.:tipping_hand_woman:

strange i don’t find it a big of a deal anymore to win games vs them in ranked. maybe it’s just me in that case

I played only on released TLV and i feel them more uselful than now (devs overnerfed them). Old TLV had good damage with boat but now play as hero who can only soak lines and who become useless in team fights (and give free stacks for some heroes) this is just suck. Also i really hate Blizzard reworks they ruined too much good heroes and never revert rework changes.

Excellent!

Thank you!

I mean, it’s not like the Viking Soak isn’t counterable, but it’s still incredibly strong.

I’m not sure I agree that they’re “useless” in teamfights and such. They have serious potential if used properly.

well yes that’s correct specially when it’s someone that does everything right and make the game hell for your team as in bribe your camps in time and being everywhere in the map etc. been there seen that but to hell with it i got so much better at dealing with vikings to the point of i stopped caring about their existence and never ban them cause i don’t lose to them anymore

Amazing rework. Has probably hit all the things I would want for a Viking rework.

Only thing that makes me raise an eyebrow now is “what’s their weakness?” are they still counterable

But that would cost MONEY. And activision doesn’t want to spend more money on HOTS!

Excellent!

Well,

• There’s still one Hero’s worth of a health pool spread between them, so they’re pretty easy to burst down.
  • They still require way more micro than any other hero because there’s three of them.
  • They’re still intensely vulnerable to AOE/multi-target attacks because there’s three of them.
  • The removal of Viking Hoard means that they no longer have access to mid-game or late-game sustain unless Olaf is there.
  • The removal of Olaf’s charge makes bogging down enemy Heroes much more difficult.
  • The removal of Erik the Swift makes Erik significantly less likely to be able to escape/survive literally everything and use Play Again!.
  • Mercenary Lord becoming Mercenary Raid makes soloing Boss much more difficult (although it may still be possible between Runic Shield’s armor types and Stoutness’s healing).

If the Rework ever gets implemented and they turn out to be too strong despite these weaknesses, there are plenty of tuning knobs that can be used to further adjust their performance.

Technically they would be spending money on me, not HOTS :sunglasses:

Great job as always. I love all your reworks. Not only are you able to clearly explain both mechanically and personally why you make changes, but you really hit the point that I think most HotS heroes are lacking: choice. Too often do most tiers feel like there’s an empirically best talent that almost feels mandatory- regardless of the situation. To me the idea for talents isn’t about buffing your stats like items, but choosing how you want to play.

Is there any chance you could take a stab at Rexxar? I know he’s generally regarded as pretty strong, but he is by far the most niche hero in the game- too niche. He’s my favorite hero, and I hate how little I can actually play him.

Thank you! I’m glad that you like my work.

I’ve looked at Rexxar a couple times over the years, but nothing really came to me when I did. Looking at him now, I’d probably just shuffle some of his Talents around rather than get into a full-blown Rework. I’ll put him on my To-Do list, but it’s already pretty long, so please don’t expect me to do anything with him anytime soon.

1 Like