Jaina Blizzard Build Guide

I’ve always been a ring of frost loyalist but as i’m getting closer to diamond its become unsuitable for most of the games that i can get jaina in. Ive found that Jaina is actually extremely powerful vs mobile heroes like orphea, li ming, ect, but you have to change up the build a little from the standard meta.

Lingering Chill: One of the most important talents for this build and what makes it different from others. Since youre not getting the cdr on your q the additional 2 seconds allow you to keep using your q to retain the chill status on whatever target youre going for. This also lets you get the autoattack talent for more blizzards and gives you alot of extra dmg on them
Arcane Intellect: Better than fingers of frost when it comes to mana.
Icefury Wand
Elemental
Storm Front: gives your team easy vision if theyre trying to hide and blow you up and can be used more liberally with the cdr from icefury wand.
Numbing Blast: Basically gurantees that you can land your second or third blizzard wave and it gives you cc that as a jaina you need to defend yourself with
Ultimate upgrade or bolt

This build is very good against burst comps because it means that you dont have to rely on your short blizzard range to deal dmg to backline targets. You can safely chill an enemy tank and aa them for a serious amounnt of dmg and they dont want to rush you because you still have blizzard on you. The elemental then can be used to harass the backline until your tank has a chance to cc them at which point you dump the blizzard. if the enemy has alot of autoattackers then i’d recommend the standard jaina build because you can actually blow them faster, but this is good for comps with more protection from burst because you become a much more sustained dmg mage like say guldan. To be clear this build is better for when you expect longer drawn out fights… if you want burst and can pull it off metajaina is the best mage in the game for that.

1 Like

If only Icefury Wand granted +1 Basic Attack range…

3 Likes

This is my usual Jaina build:

Close to yours, but not the same.

1 Like

Problem with poking bushes with Blizzard is it costs 90 mana compared to 30 on Frostbolt. The level 1 talent (Winter’s Reach) also increases Frostbolt range by 30% allowing any vent or bush to be scouted safely.

Agreed but whenever you get arcane intellect mana isnt an issue. I do normally bush check with q but if they have a diablo the w is much longer and if theyre all hiding together it can lead to a 6 second team 25% slow

1 Like

So far I used this build only twice outside Infernal Shrines, when I had Valla on my team and enemy had heavy dive. I basically rotated the crap out of the map (as usual) and until lvl 13 spent most of my TF time dropping Blizzards on Valla when she got dived by melee :smiley: It worked great actually. I always have my doubts if its worth trading meta build tho.